First Point Group Reviews

Updated March 9, 2015
11 reviews filtered by
3.4
Alistair Rynish

1. I worked in FPG for many years and still enjoy enjoy every day.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at First Point Group

Pros

Working with some fantastic people, that make your day a better day.

Cons

There are good and bad days.

Really good first job in recruitment!

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at First Point Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the atmosphere and the incentives like trip to Vegas and things like that!
    It was a really positive place to work, the office is in an amazing location in Soho and I had a great boss!
    I also really liked the training and the support team is excellent.

Cons

Recruitment is generally a challenging job especially when you are just finding candidates all day so maybe needed some help with motivation sometimes.

Advice to Management

More tailored training
    More team activities

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at First Point Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LLaidback, supportive atmosphere
    Nice people
    Nice office,

Cons

The nature of recruitment can be very frustrating

Advice to Management

Carry on sales incentives and all the social activities, it really motivates the sales teams

No good at all! Do NOT work for them?

I worked at First Point Group full-time

Pros

Some nice employees
    Central office close to pubs, restaurants and shops
    Music in the office
    Donuts, sweets, biscuits and Easter Eggs

Cons

Poor, stingy, greedy and untrustworthy Senior Management who think only about money, profits and their financial own gain.
    Micromanagement of employees. The MD is a control freak and micromanages his employees checking daily each employees inbox. If you arrive 5 minutes late in the morning you are treated like a primary school child and interrogated to find out why you were late just like a Headmaster would do in a school but with a difference that we are adults & professionals and NOT CHILDREN!
    There is no real career path, the MD & CEO make lots of promises that you will do this, you will do that, you will earn this but they never actually stick to any of their promises and will make lots of excuses.
    There are generally no salary increases as they want to keep all the profit for themselves so they can buy expensive sports cars and big houses for themselves. In the years I worked there the only time I saw a few salary increases was when employees threaten to leave .
    There is no recognition of the hard work employees put in and they only try to show fake appreciation when you hand in your resignation and they try to keep you again false promises.
    Lot's of inappropriate comments made in the office environment which is very unprofessional but the MD & CEO seem to approve of this type of behavior.
    Unless it is the CEO & MD idea they are not interested in what you have to say and can't adapt to new business areas and/or changes in their business models suggested by employees as they cannot see beyond their own noses. It's their way or the highway!
    There is a huge disparity in how employees are treated. Employees working at the same level get different salaries and benefits it all depends if you are in favour of the MD and CEO and willing to agree to everything they say and be manipulated.
    CEO & MD are really good in manipulating people and telling employees what they want to hear making them believe that they will do great things. In reality they just makes fake promises and it is their way to keep people motivated and work hard for them and their business and they don't really care one bit at all about their employees welfare, personal situations or growth. Hence the company especially the London office has a very high turnover of staff.

Advice to Management

They should feel ashamed of how they have treated some of their most hard working and valuable employees who have all now left. They would be more suited to working in the banking sector as this might fuel their insatiable appetite for greed, money and power!

Feels like home

Current Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at First Point Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been here for 3 years now, and from the moment I walked in everyone made me feel welcome, from top to bottom. That is testament to the company values and the environment everyone trying to foster, everyone looks out for each other and tries to help.
    I work in a sales environment and in three years have won two fantastic trips away on the company, as well as other incentives. The pay and commission structures are fair and achievable.
    The company has a great brand and vision for the future that we all share.
    The office is in Soho, in one of the best cities in the world.

Cons

To be honest, it is like any work place and there are good days, some testing days and we don't all agree with everything, but for a young privately owned company, growing rapidly in an international market, there is a lot of good stuff. If I had any gripes, it would be sometimes communications could be quicker, but hopefully we are working on that.

Advice to Management

Always try to be consistent, trust your people and enjoy the ride.

Shambles

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at First Point Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Kitchen
    Flexi Time
    Central Office

Cons

Management are very tight with money and salaries
    No core HR to truly support staff
    No career development or path structure
    No rewards for staff who really work hard - ALWAYS goes unrecognized
    Unethical behavior usually gets you higher up the ladder....
    Negative environment to work in - no one really seemed happy to be there?

Advice to Management

This company has the potential to do well however it fails in thanking and supporting its hard working employees and listen to people on the ground to what this young business truly needs to work on to improve. Treat your employees better - your business is only as good as the people who work there.

Unique, refreshing approach to recruitment and exciting plans for international growth

Current Employee - Sales Support in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Support in London, England (UK)

I have been working at First Point Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and the management. Things like having a casual dress policy, opportunity to take a paid 1 month sabbatical every 3 years and the independence managers give you to get on with your own job make FPG a really enjoyable place to work. Great office located in Soho too!

Cons

Very few challenges to working at FPG. It isn't your typical recruitment company so the internal structure and focus of people and values isn't what a lot of recruiters will be used to. But generally work hard and you will be rewarded with a really good commission structure and it's the kind of place where everyone celebrates your successes.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop, nurture and incentivise talent at all levels. Everyone appreciates the current level of investment in training and incentives.

Forward thinking company who have focused on developing a real solution within the global Telecoms recruitment arena.

Former Intern - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Intern - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at First Point Group as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great, collaborative working environment across the network of offices, very team driven. I only worked on-site part-time but was immediately made to feel part of the team in the London office. Very sociable office to work in and everyone very approachable and helpful, with the senior management working with the team, on the 'shop floor' so to speak. Having worked in a variety of recruitment companies - this is definitely one of the best!

Cons

Only the one common con within all recruitment companies. As its a sales focused sector any support function, including marketing, needs to really engage with the recruitment consultants once activity is agreed with senior management, to ensure the consultants understand the benefits/value in embracing marketing activities. This is always a challenge. In terms of general cons - none that I could identify.

Not good

Former Contractor - Telcordia Granite First Level Engineer for Ericsson in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I worked at First Point Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros at all unfortunately
    They just wasted few months of my life

Cons

They never keep their words
    And will always break any agreements or comitments regardless of the impact on you
    Salary was always delayed from 3-5 weeks !
    They didn't care about getting a legal work residence permission in Saudi Arabia for the employees
    Never believe any promises or agreements because they will always break
    Try to get your copy of the stamped and signed contract before you start work with them

Advice to Management

Respect your outsourced employees and respect your agreements and yourself !
    Know how to deal with "humans"
    Never ever lie on your employees or you'd better close this company
    I regret that i once accepted to work with you

Good starting Experience, however not great for Long term Employment

Former Employee - Administration and Finance in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Administration and Finance in London, England (UK)

I worked at First Point Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneural Culture
    Challenging environment
    Generally Nice Colleagues

Cons

CEO's are very stingy in giving pay rises for Support Staff
    Very stringent about work hours- despite work being done
    Too Sales focused!- not enough incentives for other staff who are not in Sales

Advice to Management

Should have more flexibility and trust your employees!
    Provide Proper Monetary/Equivalent Incentives for Support Staff, eg quarterly bonuses based on quarterly performance...