First Quality

Add Photos

Nasser Damaghi

Good experience

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsSomething new to work on daily. Coworkers are enjoyable. You will learn something new on a daily basis. Hard work is recognized.

ConsCan become stressful with continuous multitasking required.

A learning experience

Production Technician (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsClimate controlled facility, State of the art equipment, open door policy, no experience required for entry level techs

ConsCompensation, mill turn shifts, benefits, high turn over rate

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation should be addressed for the newer hires. The employees that have been employed with the former company are on a different pay scale then the people that came in under First Quality.

A company with a lot of potential, but poor leadership.

Engineering Design (Former Employee) McElhattan, PA

ProsCompany offered me internship during summer, and a part time position during the remainder of my schooling. This lead to a full time position once I graduated. Department had the latest of tools and software, which made it enjoyable.

Worked around my schedule, flexible hours, Quarterly incentive, year end bonus, all good things.

ConsThe particular position was under-appreciated, so it led to poor compensation for the responsibility.

I was laid off in the mass lay off of October 2012. No understanding to why such a large layoff, rumors lead towards a legal misfortune.

In conversation with another employee at my currently location I casually told them I worked at FQ for almost 5 years and he was shocked someone stuck it out that long. He had hired multiple people who left there looking for better opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementA company works better when everyone is on the same page. We heard about new plants/projects from contractors and other external people before it was announced internally.

Try to lead the market in a few things instead of always playing catch up and skirting the line of patent infringement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Working Environment

Lab Technician (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsThe people you work with are very friendly. Teamwork is encouraged and people are very helpful.

ConsNot a lot of vacation time.

Hard driving

ProsFocus on innovation and high-quality

ConsIntense environment driven by family ownership

Truckers take note! Very controlling, waste your time, rude.

Trucker (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

ProsNew facility, should be quick in and out NOT!

ConsIf your a trucker get ready to waste 6-8 hrs of your day. Took an hour just to check in then wait forever to load. They acually have a rule here that shows how controlling they are, "no electronic cigarettes even in your truck"! Thats just nuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse common sense! Check in should be organized and ready.

I actually Enjoy working at FQ

Ops (Current Employee) Anderson, SC

ProsThe New Plant manager seems to be more in tuned with the employees

ConsThe Rotating 12 hour shifts 2 weeks days 2 Weeks Nights are Rough

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement seems to listen to the Production workers now with a new Plant Manager involved

Great people, awesome quality of products produced.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsState of the art equipment and facilities. Variety in types of products produced. Multiple locations.

ConsInconsistent application of total compensation/bonus programs across businesses/locations.

Very pleased with my career at FQ.

Warehouser (Current Employee) Lock Haven, PA

ProsQuarterly Incentives, Christmas Bonuses, Opportunities for promotion.

ConsSome of the middle-management guys lack common sense and don't understand what the bottom guys go through, but that's typical anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's fine to preach safety constantly and institute safety policies, but to not expect a drop in efficiency (which some of the supervisors do) is unrealistic. Minor quibble.

I learned a great deal about the manufacturing industry.

Project Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Lock Haven, PA

ProsAs an engineer, there is a certain freedom in how you devise solutions. People will help if you ask.

ConsIt can feel like you are alone in your position due to the autonomous (sink-or-swim) nature of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot too much. Floor management is good and connected with employees. Some upper-management fails to establish any sort of connection with the majority of employees.

Worked for First Quality? Contribute to the Community!