First Security Bank Reviews

Reynie Rutledge

1. Review of First Security Bank

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Searcy, AR
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Searcy, AR

I worked at First Security Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with some really fabulous people. FSB has a great company culture and I enjoyed my time working there.

Cons

They did not pay their mid-level employees enough. I worked with someone who loved FSB and wanted to work there long term ( he was also the hardest worker in the department) but they simply did not pay him enough to survive on.

2. OK for a bank

Former Employee - Tech Support in Judsonia, AR
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Judsonia, AR

I worked at First Security Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment. Decent benefits. Most of the people are nice and the bank is growing so there could be opportunity for anyone working in the core banking function versus support your staff.

Cons

The bank is all about secrets. Managers don't share anything that's upcoming until they are forced to. This'd is especially a problem for those that support staff and/or customers. It is not particularly woman friendly. There is definitely a glass ceiling. Many people have been there for years and years and haven't made it to 40k yet and they are part of "management". There is not any training outside of what is required by the banking regulators. Investing in employees is not anything they view as important.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be much more transparent to the employees. It's frustrating to have to answer questions about something that was released to employees and customers at the same time without any preparation.

3. loans

Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor

I worked at First Security Bank

Pros

they are very family oriented

Cons

not much room for growth

5. Understaffed

I worked at First Security Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local. small-town feel, in a full service state-wide bank. Security.

Cons

While the teller lines are almost always dead and were fully-staffed, our department had RECORD sales, and was SEVERELY understaffed. People were fired and people would quit and they'd NEVER replace them. We worked our butts off and made TONS of money for them but they kept telling us more staff was not in the budget. I suspect someone got big bonuses for keeping over head costs down. Eventually, the load and stress got to be too much and I had to leave before my health suffered. Several employees WERE on meds for stress-related issues. VERY SAD! It was a VERY good job, but I knew they could afford more staff, and management just didn't want to hire them.

Advice to Management

Please stop working your employees to health-deteriorating levels and HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Keep departments adequately staffed.

6. Mediocre company, could be better

Current Employee - Teller in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Teller in Conway, AR

I have been working at First Security Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company focuses on teamwork. Management is visual and available. Located in a great area of the state to attract top talent. Great working environment.

Cons

Needs more diversity. As an African-American female, it was clear that my opportunities to grow within this company were slim to none, even though I graduated with a business degree while employed there. Trying to learn about positions in the company was a bit secretive. There was not enough transparency.

Advice to Management

If they do not foster the talent from within, they will continue to loose superstar employees or a chance to mold employees into superstars for their company. Reviews should include employment plans that focus on employee growth.

7. Just a J-O-B

Current Employee - Banking in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Banking in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at First Security Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) You can work here a long time with below average performance 2) The family that owns the bank are generally nice people 3) Many locations within the state for transfer

Cons

1) Bank has grown past the competencies of upper management 2) Effeciency staffing ALL THE TIME and ownership is proud of it. When co-workers are absent, it's your problem, not theirs. 3) There is no career plan. Promotions are generally age/tenure based rather than merit.

8. my time spent at first security

Current Employee - Courier in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Courier in Conway, AR

I have been working at First Security Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun, easy going, relaxed it was a very chilled environment with a lot of good people around. one of my best jobs by far.

Cons

pay is not the best, but it can be if you work for it. the job can become very repeatitive, but after a while it kind of just comes naturally and you get used to it. like most other jobs

Advice to Management

promotions

First Security Bank is an growing bank with a lot of opportunity for its employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at First Security Bank

Pros

The employees and the customers.

Cons

Management appreciates but does not pay its employees well. The expectations of the employees is substantially more than our previous employer.

Advice to Management

Review the salary grades across the board. Review the market salary ranges. Reward employees that are loyal and worth having as employees or get rid of the non performers.

Great culture

Current Employee - Commercial Loan Officer in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Commercial Loan Officer in Missoula, MT

I have been working at First Security Bank

Pros

A strong culture which creates a very positive work environment. A diverse team, with colleagues willing to share information and assist in professional development. Management genuinely values their employees and emphasizes giving back to the community.

Cons

A low ceiling for career growth. Casual work environment counter to traditional banking standards Slow reaction to opportunities or innovation, not atypical for industry Otherwise the best place I've ever worked.

Advice to Management

Establishment of career tracks to allow for greater professional development.

11. I don't know.

Former Employee - Teller in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Teller in Conway, AR

I worked at First Security Bank

Pros

The hours were great and so was company "community".

Cons

There was no monetary compensation given for a job well done.

Advice to Management

setup a career path

RSS Feed </> Embed