First Team Real Estate

3.3

Cameron Merage

Great Management

I have been working at First Team Real Estate

Pros

Awesome company to work for. Forward thinking, strategic, provides all the right tools for employee success.

Cons

None. Just put the work in and you will see results.

Keep on doing what you are doing.

Growth Potential for the right candidates

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Irvine, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate

Pros

This company has great employee benefits and growth potential for the right candidates. They retain and promote key personal and provide professional development opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes can be a politically charged environment.

Give better performance reviews and bonus structures.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone at the office is very helpful and supportive. I started as a brand new agent and am really impressed with the training they offer.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the company. I wish they had the marketing team available open on Saturdays.

Keep up the good work!

Overall good company

Former Employee - Coordinator in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Orange, CA

I worked at First Team Real Estate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment, you get to work with real estate agents who are pretty fun. First team offers great training, so agents are usually successful in their business which makes for a happy office. Happy, busy office.

Cons

The amount of work can be overwhelming, and the pay is pretty bad for all the responsibilities your job comes with.

Take care of your staff, you take so much money from agents commission checks, the least you can do is ensure the people who are sitting there with 8-5 jobs taking care of your office are happy.

BEST Company all around!!!!

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not only do they have amazing marketing & support but they pay for multiple platforms for agents to use.

Cons

I think the company all around treats its employee's , Agents & Customers with the utmost respect & integrity.
    I feel that agents who complain about their commission split are the agents who are not trying to grow their business. If you want to make a career out of Real Estate we are the company, if you want to make this a hobby that you do once every 5 months, We are not the right business fit for you.

Continue to grow your offices, with training & support!

Great company culture

Current Contractor - Realtor
    Current Contractor - Realtor

I have been working at First Team Real Estate as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

First Team does a lot of things right. Their marketing is leagues ahead of the competition. Great environment/corporate culture. Supportive and knowledgeable staff. They also provide great training to their agents as well as staff. Lots of growth potential as they recruit internally for positions first and give people the opportunity to move up.

Cons

Compensation is usually less than what you can make elsewhere. Even though the company operates in Southern California, everything is Orange County centric.

First Team is a great company. I have been associated with them of over ten years as an agent and for a short while as an employee. You really need to focus on Real Estate and not so much of trying to get your hands in every pocket through selling Escrow, Title, Mortgage and even Home Owner Insurance. That just dilutes the resources/focus and reveal the owner as a greedy man. Last, and most importantly, if you pay your employees and agents well, you will make a lot more money.

Excellent training Backbreaking fees

I worked at First Team Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training. The Manager is a great source of advice and experience.You make your own schedule and determine your own success.

Cons

Poor commission splits on top of plenty of fees

Run and don't look back!

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

Horrible treatment of employees, micromanaged, low pay. Con game for agents, they don't help anyone, just nickel and dime you for sub-par marketing materials.

A Fading company in Real Estate

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at First Team Real Estate as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Learn the essential skills.

Cons

Worst comission splits/compensation in the industry.

This company needs to shape up in compensation to their employees or will risk losing the marjority market share which is already happening. I have seen many agents leave their offices saying "Oh yeah I lost $40,000" to this company before leaving to Realty One. They will sell you by saying that they have been around for the past 30 years. That's great you guys are the dinosaurs, there's people who've climbed to higher positions now literally in less time than it took this company. While the support here is great, I don't think they are worth 40-50% on your deals, unless they are actually helping you to get them. They once pulled out my error and omission insurance with out saying anything first. Also, even if you rode your comission split all the way from 50% to 90% or whatever, they will always take a BS 6% marketing/advertising fee. My mantra has always been work smarter, not harder. Because this industry is very much like a roller coaster, and sometimes transactions can be far and betwee, you deserve every penny you get, so if you are entering the industry, I encourage you to interview 3 firms at least and I think you will find that these guys are at the bottom of the totem pole in the industry with most of their agents doing only 3-4 transactions before fizzling out or switching firms. Why do they fizzle out, well they make less... This is a feast and famish-type industry, and a firm that starves their new agents, and rewards top-producers, isn't going to actually make any progress at hacking away market share once there top-producers fizzle out. Let's not forget, the new agents (especially younger) entering, are going to be in the driver-seat of the industry. If you can't grab and keep them, what vitality does the company really stand to have in the long-run?

Corporate values

Current Employee - Marketing Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at First Team Real Estate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are great. They help me get through the day and sagar to help support and get our work done. We collaborate well and they are there to listen and care about me and each other.

Cons

Our managers don't care about us or the team. They micromanage, yell at you for mistakes, unaware of the problems and bully the staff. The environment is negative in the Marketing area. We all walk on eggshells. When mistakes happen, instead of solutions, it's a blame game. I don't want to go to work on Mondays and can't wait for Friday to get there. I can't be social or take breaks and my lunch is so short 30 minutes.

Look at the managers in Marketing and reconsider them. They are not positive, they micromanage and they are putting people down. Consider if you want that for your corporate culture. Look at the systems, stop micromanaging and give a break to those who make mistakes, that's how you learn.