First Tech Federal Credit Union

First Tech Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014

Greg Mitchell

Great company with a committed management team and excellent benefits package.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

They value the members of the Credit Union and the employees. They seem to do a good job of soliciting and reacting to feedback from both employees and members alike. The financial benefits are great with discounts on loan products and a great incentive structure and 401k match.

Cons

Haven't run into any yet to be honest.

Continue to seek out unique ways to engage your employees in an open forum.

Great…..At First

Former Employee - Financial Solutions Representative
    Former Employee - Financial Solutions Representative

I worked at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most coworkers that have I've worked with were great! Bonus was decent too, if you worked hard for it.

Cons

FTFCU is turning into a bank, most upper management including CEO are all from banks. Sales,sales,sales mentality since all they'll hire now are applicants from other banks. Training is non existent, I'm glad I won't be there long enough to see how salesforce works out, since it probably will flop like other new systems before it. Don't talk down to reps not making their goals as fast as you want them to be. Treat people with respect especially since if it wasn't for us FTFCU would have already went down the tubes.

Promote from within for upper positions, don't hire from outside over other qualified internal candidates. CEO needs to act like a human not a robot, get rid of the sales and bring back member service or FTFCU won't be a Credit Union for long.

Aug 15, 2014VP of Marketing

Although I am disappointed that you were unhappy during your time at First Tech, I truly appreciate you providing this feedback. It helps us understand how our renewed focus on bringing the tools ... More

Going downhill

Current Employee - Member Service Representative
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative

I have been working at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent and benefits are better than most jobs I've had. Training is well done.

Cons

New management (from banks) is bringing the bank culture into the credit union. Heavy sales pushes, people literally looking over your shoulder. The feeling down at many branches that I'm familiar with is souring quickly. This is no longer an institution that I recommend to anyone for jobs or personal banking.

Stop trying to push sales so much - the branches are getting very strained and members are noticing. We're becoming more like banks with the aggressive growth initiatives. Put the focus back on member service, not just wrapping up sales in "member service" talk.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Services Representative (FSR)

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative

I have been working at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I thankfully work at a branch with a great branch manager. If you work hard, the commissions are not bad. Benefits and paid time off is pretty good.

Cons

Company does not hire from within. No career growth or upward momentum. The only people who move around are the tellers... to FSR... if they are lucky. If you apply for any other position, you will find out they hired an outside person with better qualifications, say if you want to try for a mortgage officer (vs retail loans that FSRs do).

Train and hire people from the company for other positions.

Jul 1, 2014VP of Marketing

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. I strongly encourage you to chat with your branch manager or regional director about advancement opportunities as well as job shadow ... More

Started out fine, turned into a living nightmare.

Former Employee - Member Service Representative (Bank Teller)
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative (Bank Teller)

I worked at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked my former manager, and my fellow employees, it made it tolerable.

Cons

Worked there for over two years! It was hard to make sales goals, especially when we were pushing the "effortless banking" so hard. Who am I supposed to cross sell to when nobody is coming into the branch anymore? Also, felt like a car salesman trying to make my goals because they want you to talk and sell to everyone, even when they don't need any products! Awkward. Too much of a bank feel. Also, in the two years I was there I felt unnoticed. My efforts weren't really recognized, especially with monetary rewards. In over two years I got a whopping 19 cents in raises total. I think my first one was like 9 cents and the later 10. Just crazy for all of the work I was doing. Added tasks when people would quit. Which was all the time! Also, a former employee disclosed to me he made over a dollar more per hour than me! I was there for a year and a half before they hired him, he started out at more per hour and never made his goals! He quit before me too. A little scandaless secret, he never made his goals on his own (maybe got two cross sells) but the lead was doing it for him! And some of them were my hard earned ones. Last but not least, the CEO and other higher ups were just too intense. It's a credit union, not a bank. I just wish they'd remember that!

Quit trying to be like a bank. Honor your employees for their hard work. Have integrity and compensate people for their accomplishments and honesty.

Mortgage loan officer

I have been working at First Tech Federal Credit Union

Pros

Love the small feel family. The staff is great. Love the teams and members.

Cons

Everything else. New CEO is horrible. Makes it the worst place to work.

Change CEO

It all depends on the region you work in.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, training, excellent support from other departments

Cons

If you work in one of the smaller regions, there is very little to nonexistent opportunity to advance. Some of the regional managers are hated by most staff. Little recognition for jobs well done. Lots of change in technology. The pay is also considerably lower than the same work performed at a bank.

Hire regional managers that are good with people - giving them recognition when it is deserved.

Great

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Hillsboro, TX

I have been working at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

None at this time , right now

Jul 1, 2014VP of Marketing

Thanks much for the positive feedback! So happy to see you're excited about our future!

DDfdfsdf

Former Employee - Collection Representative  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Collection Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and good benefits

Cons

Poor management and not member service friendly

Members should come first, not your wallets or egos.

Very pleases

Former Employee - Branch Lead  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Lead in San Diego, CA

I worked at First Tech Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staying neutral not a decision maker

Cons

I really don't have any comments

no comments at this time

Worked for First Tech Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!