First Watch

Add Photos

Ken Pemdry

Very good

Busser (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosgreat staff and management well worth it

Conslong days and very early mornings

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Fun work environment

Server (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIt is a great atmosphere, you really become friends with guests that come in on a regular basis. It's the best restaurant I've worked in so far.

ConsThe managers get switched around a lot, so once you get used to ones pet peeves and humor, they switch managers again.

Awesome

Server (Former Employee) Gahanna, OH

ProsWeekday morning breakfasts with the team members, consistant money,

ConsSunday afternoons are a drag once the wait is over, the clean up begins

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst Watch has a pretty good upline strategy, their ducks are in a row :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

server

Server (Former Employee) West Chester, OH

Prosbusy, great managment, great money, great time. I absolutely LOVED my job!! Oh and NEVER work nights again.

Consnot a set schedule but flexible.

Advice to Senior Managementpositive reinforcement does wonders

Loved working there!

Server (Former Employee) West Bradenton, FL

ProsFun employees, great customers, management very helpful. Great money, especially on busy days.

ConsManagement turnover, server turnover, some un-dedicated employees

Great food, growing company, and free nights

Management (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsOne of the rare companies in the restaurant industry that has free nights. Great opportunities given company is growing. This company has high standards at every level. It's a place people are proud to work for.

ConsIt's hard work. Physically and mentally demanding- more so than other places I've managed. Upper Management wants it done right- there is no room for doing something halfway... not a bad thing, but high expectations!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up... continue to develop people from within.

Micro management at its finest

General Manager (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsHours are favorable for some people; not having to work nights. Decent quality food. Loyal customer base in some markets

ConsConstant micro-managing from the middle management levels. "Nitpicking" the smallest details at the most in-opportune times and getting in the way of their own success. Middle and upper management will step over dollars continuously in order to pick up pennies. If you are a business minded, independent thinking manager, this is the last place you want to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWithout the quality people on your front lines and store level management, you would be nothing. You should keep that in mind when making your "business decisions" on how to treat them. If you want a company to really grow you must focus on guests and build sales as well as empower your people at multiple levels to do better by you and by the customer, not pinch pennies and micro manage to the point where you measure your success by the hour.

Misleading and lack of training

Manager (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsHaving nights off. Good muffins.

ConsSold on so-called "focus on our people" culture. Nothing could be further from the truth. Training is a joke. No structure, no communication. Sign on if you like spending most of your day absorbing labor cost by prepping, cooking and cleaning the kitchen at the end of the day. Impatient with learning of cooking skills and expectations of progress were totally unrealistic. MIT candidates watch out. They want a COOK who has management experience not the other way around.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is SO crucial to a young company like yours. Invest in it. Don't sugarcoat the management job description and really DO become that company that "puts people first". Don't sell quality of life if you aren't going to live up to it. Keep making those muffins.

A pleasant job where you can meet a lot of people and make several connections.

Server (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsMeeting people and the hours

ConsMust work weekends and there are only a few shifts that make good money.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more constructive criticisim

eh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsGreat hours for a median pay

ConsThe upper management seems detached from actual store operation

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on Team building

Worked for First Watch? Contribute to the Community!