FirstBank (Colorado)

FirstBank (Colorado) Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

John A. Ikard

A rewarding challenge

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsOfficer Role:
    Exposure to senior management, high level of responsibility/autonomy given to officers, trust from senior management that we are capable of handling that level of responsibility, constant growth/challenge, exposure to broad areas of knowledge in a generalist role.

FirstBank as a Company:
    Philanthropic, ethical in every way, conservative and thoughtful approach to business decisions which limits risk and exposure, fun, intelligent, and driven employees.

ConsOfficer Role:
    There is limited flexibility as we are tied to retail hours (typically 8-6). There is not an option to work from home or otherwise structure your own hours. There are very high expectations for officers and we run very lean, which can be challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your employees. It has served you well to be accessible and open to feedback and this should continue. Stay on top of trends and always be in a proactive, rather than reactive, state. Work to create more of a balance for your officers in terms of work-life vs. home-life.

Good benefits, poor management, no consistency between branches

Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) Aurora, MN

ProsGreat training, fair workload, good benefits and PTO

ConsPoor hiring decisions poor management and frustrating policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Use your head and think about your actions before making decisions.

Great company to work for including benefits.

ProsBenefits, Compensation, company holiday party.

ConsManagement politics, also because of the companies philosophy they will find a petty reason to fire people before laying them off. Because of new technology and lack of training I was fired on a technicality that I had no responsibility for. They even tried to fight my unemployment insurance because they are incredibly cheap. Fortunately I won because the state could clearly see that I had no fault in the reason I was fired.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Supportive environment, but slow career growth

Teller (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWork life balance is great, many employees here have families of their own.

ConsLack of career growth. Most tellers are stuck working as tellers for a long time. Salary is mediocre. Work can be monotonous.

Advice to Senior ManagementFinds ways to make employees valued.

You're Working for a Bank

ProsGood benefits and a lot of great people work here. Education and training to improve career is available and provided.

ConsDress code could loosen up a bit. Very conservative in all aspects of business - great for security of customer's personal information, but could stand to let up on some other areas. It would also be nice to adopt more of a "Google-view" on the work environment where modern perks make for a more enjoyable workday.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because an employee is sitting at their desk, that doesn't necessarily mean they are as productive as possible. A happy employee is a productive employee.

FirstBank (Colorado) Response

Jul 15, 2014Search Engine Manager

Thank you for your feedback, your sincerity is appreciated. We are always looking for more and better ways to keep our employees happy and will continue this approach in the future.

Officer

ProsGreat company culture, diverse training and exposure to top level business and decision making early on.

ConsCompany has a socialistic approach to compensation and promotions. Hard workers and slackers get promoted at the same schedule and get virtually the same raises. Unilateral career path with no way other options.

Advice to Senior ManagementBase compensation and promotion on performance,

Employees are valued

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

ProsThere is a company-wide commitment to customer service. Everyone is working together to make sure we provide the best possible experience for customers. There is a large IT staff committed to helping the business succeed. You get an opportunity to do a wide-array of tasks, and there are many opportunities to try new things. I started in 2000 and have accepted many opportunities to advance. The Management team from the very top through all levels focuses attention on giving employees opportunities to grow and to advance.

ConsIf you want to specialize in one thing and only that thing, you may not enjoy the culture here. Some people who prefer casual dress may not enjoy the dress code. More business than business casual.

Run as fast as you can

Teller Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsTraining and education. Fun people to work with

ConsNo room for growth, archaic business practices, turning into a sales culture, no support for middle management

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that morale plays a big part in the retention of quality employees

FirstBank (Colorado) Response

Jul 15, 2014Search Engine Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. You are absolutely right in that morale plays a big part in retention of quality employees and we will always work to keep ... More

Just ok, very long hours

ProsGood retirement plan and perks here and there (golf tournaments, sporting event tickets, concerts, etc.)

ConsLong work hours. Inexperienced loan officers.

Good community bank

ProsHard working, committed people. Positive reputation in the community.

ConsHighly negative management culture, long hours, high stress, poor compensation that's too heavy in stock.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on creating a better work/life balance for officers and better training curriculum.

Worked for FirstBank (Colorado)? Contribute to the Community!