FirstCaribbean Int'l Bank

FirstCaribbean Int'l Bank Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Worthwhile !

Managing Director (Former Employee) Bridgetown (Barbados)

Pros- opportunity for growth and development
    - diverse culture and environment due to multiple country approach to business
    - adequate investment in brand development

Cons- lack of clarity in roles and responsibilities in some parts of the business
    - top-heavy executive team

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile it is a complex business with criss-crossing layers of customer segment, country and legal company issues, clarity of purpose in roles and responsibilities would go a long way in empowering and focussing employees on company objectives and strategy.

It was an eye opening experience that set me up for the future

Transaction Processing Officer (Former Employee) Bridgetown (Barbados)

ProsColleagues were for the most part friendly
    compensation was competitive
    my department would put on in house celebrations for national events and get together outside of work

ConsHard to advance unless you know the right people.
    Long hours in some departments

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring and advancing people based on their knowledge and experience.

Very rewarding experience

CFS (Former Employee)

ProsFirstCaribbean has some excellent benefits compared to other financial instituions. This helps to make up for the mediocre salary. Its a very nice, clean working environment with high ethical standards and caribbean pride. I enjoyed working there.

ConsTop management changes too often; Pay too minimal compared to the market; Too slow when making changes to match or beat competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe bank needs to be a litlle bit more competitive in its market. More advertising would help to put Firstcaribbean in a better spot.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This place is the most toxic environment you will ever see.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Nassau (Bahamas)

ProsStaff are friendly and provide advice.

ConsSenior executive team are way out of their depth and do not have a clue about running a bank like this.

Senior guys are complete bullies and cannot be trusted.

There appears to be a complete lack of an articulated strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart by changing the executive team. Top people have demonstrated a complete inability to successfully operate a company like this. Next, consider looking for a venture-partner to obtain some expertise in bank management, or probably better yet, sell the franchise and move back to Canada where the presence of an oligopoly will help.

Worked for FirstCaribbean Int'l Bank? Contribute to the Community!