FirstEnergy

FirstEnergy Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

FirstEnergy President, CEO and Director Anthony J. Alexander

Anthony J. Alexander

Pros
  • Good pay, fairly good benefits, a lot of good people(in 8 reviews)

• Offered good pay compared to other call centers in the area(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours -- there is no work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• upper management is disconnected from the day to day operations(in 6 reviews)

Really nice people

ProsThe people are very nice and great to work with

Consunless you are willing to relocate, it is very difficult to get professional growth

A good place to work

Nuclear Engineer III (Former Employee) Shippingport, PA

ProsSteady employment with nice benefits

ConsOn the downslope not sure were the bottom will be.

Fast growing company, with an unfortunate corporate system.

Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) Akron, OH

ProsCompany stability, benefits, and job stability.

ConsCorporate managing and guidelines. Poor management and selection. Hard work does not capitalize advancements.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on employees that provide good results and hard work for advancement rather than people that work their way up by knowing the right people and how much they "A" they kiss.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved going to work every single day

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe travel to all different plants around the north east is fun and makes the work day go fast. It is a good way of networking and being able to keep in contact with as many people as possible. The pay is also very good.

ConsSome people are tough nosed people and have to have thick skin. It's 100 percent travel all day everyday. If you don't like to travel do not take this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe hire on more people to decrease the travel

Corp. Giant insensitive to loyal employees futures.

Operations Specialist B (Former Employee) Masontown, PA

ProsThey not only generate power, they own some very strategic transmission lines.

ConsI moved out of state to begin my career with FE, 4/8/13. Out of nowhere, 7/9/13, they announced they would deactivate our plant in 90 days. They did, and SEVERED us!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen making corp. decisions, take into consideration the effects your decisions will have upon the futures of your loyal employees & their families.

Constant layoffs = increasing workload

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Akron, OH

ProsWorked with fun people; had the opportunity to work with many different departments on projects

ConsConstant cycle of lots of hiring then a lot of layoffs; no work/life balance - expected to work late/weekends to get the job done; not sufficient customer systems for the number of customers expected to be able to manage

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time getting to know the lower jobs to see what really goes on

Underwhelmed

Accountant (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsSalaries are similar to other companies.

ConsThere is little chance of advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect all employees

I have been told I am a valuable asset to the company and have alot of potential.

ProsBenefits are good, Work environment is good, coworkers always ask for my input.

ConsUpper Management does not engage employees to have a voice into the success of the company as a whole

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy are the Rules of Engagement not being used to have an open dialog with employee across the company

First Energy Shows its Age in its Technology

Nuclear Engineer II (Former Employee) Shippingport, PA

ProsThey have an inviting group of workers. They are very willing to mentor or take you under their wing to show you what is what.

ConsDated technology makes completed job assignments difficult. You need to know who to talk to in order to get the information you might need to start/finish a task. Their FileNet system is dated and the search function provides less results depending on how you enter the text. All drawings, calculations, information is not available on FileNet requiring you to search through aperture cards or film reels to find drawings or calculations.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance with the times and the generation you are about to hire. They are a generation of information being at their fingertips and become easily discouraged when they have to sort through files/paperwork for information. Listen to the complaints of current employees and do what you can to keep them aboard.

Regulatory Compliance is the main goal at this company location

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelatively high local job security

ConsLack of local leadership
    Bare bones funding

Worked for FirstEnergy? Contribute to the Community!