FirstLine Transportation Security

Add Photos

Miserable experience

TSO (Former Employee)

I worked at FirstLine Transportation Security full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay isn't awful, for the amount of experience required

ConsHealth insurance gets progressively worse, mandatory overtime "awarded" at random, no pay increases, no bonuses, no career progression, management is itching to fire anyone who makes more than base pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer an incentive or two to employees to do a better job. You have the best screeners in the country but pay them the worst. Then maybe you could hold on to enough people that you don't need to give everyone overtime every week.

Easy job. Horrible company.

TSO (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at FirstLine Transportation Security part-time for more than a year

ProsModest starting pay for a job you can get straight out of high school ($14.01/hr). Easy to be hired. Interview was only 5 mins long. As long as you pass the computer and physical test, have no criminal history, and have less than $5000 in credit card debt, you will get hired.

ConsBad management, scheduling department doesn't do their job. Mandatory overtime on days off with 1 day of notice. New rules every week. Horrible benefits (worthless 401k, health insurance, etc). Much lower pay than TSA screeners. Dead end job. Part time benefits still even when scheduled 42 hours a week. 8 hours of PTO taken when calling off on a 6 hour shift. Company would rather pay lawyers thousands of dollars to avoid paying employees unemployment

Advice to Senior ManagementStop enforcing ridiculous rules on everyone because a small fraction of employees were not doing their job properly. Give incentives to do good work (or at least a cost of living raise). Get your scheduling department under control.

Hired to be fired

Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at FirstLine Transportation Security

ProsThe pay here is okay.

ConsToo many to list. How about last-second requirements to work on your days off.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a scheduling department, make them earn their pay and do their job.

Worked for FirstLine Transportation Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstLine Transportation Security reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by FirstLine Transportation Security employees.