FirstPRO Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014
Updated May 27, 2014
3.7

April Fawcett Nagel

Great company which offers unlimited growth and high performance team culture! Open compensation plans. Very specialized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at FirstPRO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Becoming on of the top recruiting firms in Philadelphia. Industry leading compensation, great leadership, team culture, almost zero turnover, fun environment. Significant support from team and leaders. Great clients. firstPRO makes it very easy to be successful and become very focused on career. Management cares and is extremely dedicated to staff.

Cons

Competitive recruiters so must stay on your game. Work hard play hard environment.

Continue hiring top talent while keeping up hiring standards.

Ok place , if you just want to collect a paycheck

I worked at FirstPRO full-time

Pros

Overall, the people who work here are very nice. It's not a sweat shop compared some other recruiting firms.

Cons

The culture is very stuffy and old fashion. You must dress in a tie everyday - whether you meet with clients or not and they do not understand the concept of telecommuting or remote work. Leadership in the IT division is non-existent. Director has no clue how to run, lead, or motivate an office, has no understanding of the industry, and will question everything you say and do to make themselves feel relevant.

Don't expect the company to grow if the complacency among employees are acceptable.

Can be good experience for right person..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FirstPRO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are self-motivated, you will do well.

Cons

Religious component can be uncomfortable if you are not a religious person.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to learn the staffing industry

I have been working at FirstPRO full-time

Pros

Employees are very close and enjoy working and spending time together. Company is growing and management provides incentives to progress. Owner has great wellness programs and values opinions of employees. Great leadership and core group to the team.

Cons

None to date, never hate going to work here

As company grows, make sure to hire new employees that will fit in with the culture.

firstPRO: The world of endless growth and potential!

I have been working at FirstPRO full-time

Pros

Could not ask for a better working environment! The people make for sure a fun and hard-working environement. We feed off of eachother with a strong healthy competition.

Cons

I don't have any major cons with firstPRO, I think we have a solid organization!

Continue to have an open door policy and continue to grow as individuals within your divisions

I would recommend working here.

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at FirstPRO full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice people to work with and moral is good

Cons

systems could be updated to be more current.

it could be more helpful to automate manual processes.

FirstPRO is a cult and a den of thieves

I have been working at FirstPRO full-time

Pros

The may go out of business soon

Cons

Where can one begin... Hostile work place, cheating customers and clients at every turn, lying to candidates and on and on and on. All the owners care about is themselves and their money

Ask your god for forgiveness

A Christian Based Work Place"

I worked at FirstPRO

Pros

A warm and welcoming environment, with a CEO that extends a helping hand.

Cons

Big Money Draws demand Big Money Deals. If you are not a rainmaker dont even bother digging yourself a hole.

Hire young and hungry.

Good people, interesting environment

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at FirstPRO

Pros

Company treats its contractors well. Good group of people striving to do a good job. Fun group to work with.

Cons

The nepotism tends to run rampant within FirstPRO - if you can marry into the inner circle you'll be good to go. One office does not know what another office is doing. Benefits package for perm employees leaves something to be desired.

Take a close look at your employees and determine whether they are adding value or extra weight their team is carrying.

FirstPRO is an up and coming woman owned and operated company

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FirstPRO

Pros

FirstPRO offers a good commission structure, competitive draw, and the ability for a recruiter to make a good living for his or her family. FirstPRO in unique in that we have a non-denominational chapel in our corporate office and we have mass weekly as well as other religious type teachings that are offered from time to time. We are now becoming very much a "corporate" company and beginning to put standard S&OP's in place. FirstPRO has about 125 recruiters that work out of the corporate office and other locations in the Atlanta area as well as a office in Philadelphia. FirstPRO has annual revenues between 40-45 Million annually.

Cons

FirstPRO is a place where you pay to work. A recruiter must pay for himself or herself in the first 90 days generally to have a desk. Job security only lasts about 30 days at a time if the recruiter’s billings are not way above expectations. Benefits are quite expensive for both individuals and families (and this is not much different from other companies in the same industry). This is something that does need to be addressed. Also, you must work in the office and as of today there is not the opportunity to telecommute, which again I believe is something that should be addressed in today's world.

It takes more than 90 days to see if a recruiter is worth his or her keep. Job security only lasts about 30 days at a time if the recruiter’s billings are not way above expectations. Benefits are quite expensive for both individuals and families (and this is not much different from other companies in the same industry). This is something that does need to be addressed. Also, you must work in the office and as of today there is not the opportunity to telecommute, which again I believe is something that should be addressed in today's world.

Worked for FirstPRO? Contribute to the Community!