Firstsource Solutions Reviews

Reset
2.4
Firstsource Solutions CEO & Managing Director Rajesh Subramaniam
Rajesh Subramaniam

Pros
  • I am working here because working culture is good anonymous the management is not thinking about us (in 7 reviews)

• Work environment is really good (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • low Salary , fixed time, advance leave request (in 6 reviews)

• the work/life balance is shocking also, spend most of my time in there and im not even full time (in 3 reviews)

1. Best Call Center in Colorado Springs!

Former Employee - Operator
    Former Employee - Operator

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers Clean environment Fair compensation Great bonus structure Hands-On Training Amazing Management Great location Great hours

Cons

Some Trainers Unorganized Changing Rules Small parking lot

Advice to Management

Amazing job.

2. Claims Processor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flex scheduling, some get to work from home, casual dress, paid training, limited opportunity to transfer to work in other states, monthly recognition meetings with some type of food

Cons

Mandatory OT lasting for years, expected to work 60 hour weeks if allowed to work from home, -lack of procedures - paid piece rate (per claim) combined with widely fluctuating workloads and system glitches results in unnecessary stress and lousy paychecks - employees are treated as disposable - strict audit system results in your pay being docked for three months - if a team gets proficient they lower your matrix pay - poor communication - below average benefits (6 holidays a year, 11 PTO - sick/vacation days) point system used like an axe - cramped work space - disregard for ergonomics - weak HR dept - high turnover - most frustrating of all is the paychecks are confusing (probably on purpose) to read - it is left to the employee to figure out their hourly rate - does not inspire confidence in the overall company

Advice to Management

Our division is extremely profitable. It would be great if some of those profits were used to enhance workspace, employee benefits and tech infrastructure. Realize that employees feel defeated, stressed, and exhausted from overwork and sometimes from underwork. Don't label them as "babies," make some effective changes! Since we are paid piece rate be respectful of our time. Some supervisors are more skilled at recognizing employee efforts, others seem to enjoy belittling their staff. People are promoted without considering their people management skills. "Well liked" employees are treated much better than others, i.e., fund raisers are thrown for some who experience personal problems while others get assigned points. Definite lack of consistency. Consistent and decent hourly rate with bonuses for exceeding expectations would be more motivating than matrix pay. Paychecks should be clearly stated like other companies. What are you trying to hide?

3. Claims

I worked at Firstsource Solutions

Pros

Mostly work on your own, after training

Cons

Not all employees treated equally

Not so grear

Former Employee - Insurance Claims Analyst in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Claims Analyst in Rockford, IL

I worked at Firstsource Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were relatively easy and flexible

Cons

Lots of sitting at a desk, micro-managing and guaranteed 50+ hours of mandatory overtime.

Advice to Management

Perhaps every other week for mandatory overtime. Its not healthy for people to sit around that long. A break will also increase productivity.

6. Good for Short Term Employment

Former Employee - Data Entry in Lake Katrine, NY
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Lake Katrine, NY

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do try to honor and reward individuals who excel at their work. Coworkers were friendly and it didn't seem like too much of a hostile environment.

Cons

The work is dreadfully boring. Management is extremely focused on productivity, and threat of losing your job is highly prevalent. Seniority doesn't matter much for data entry folks.

Advice to Management

Get more punch in/out clocks. Hire more genuine individuals for upper and mid-level management.

Keep Searching

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An abundance of opportunities for overtime.

Cons

A major lack of leadership. Low compensation. Expensive benefits, especially for what is offered.

8. Not the worst, but not by much

Former Employee - Team Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot of openings and always hiring.

Cons

They care more about billable hours than anything else, including your health. No clear goals, training is ineffective and needs to be revamped.

Advice to Management

Build the culture, have actual times of when systems will be working

9. It's just a job

Current Employee - Onsite Patient Representative in Decatur, AL
    Current Employee - Onsite Patient Representative in Decatur, AL

I have been working at Firstsource Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As long as you do your work you are left alone. I'm an onsite rep so I have a lot of flexibility in work with no one over my shoulder. Pay is decent and you can negotiate at hiring.

Cons

There is no support from management. If you're onsite and there is a problem they will not support you for fear of losing the contract. Increase in pay is a joke unless you change positions. All training was done via phone and wasn't really mandatory. I was already do work when I was signed up for telephone trainin and therefore my work was more important and I rarely attended the training. There is no SOP so everything you learn or don't learn is due from OJT. Management only cares about the numbers the set at the bringing of the month and the incentives to reach these goals are a joke.

Advice to Management

Have better incentives.

Horrible company

Former Employee - Onsite Patient Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Onsite Patient Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Firstsource Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Horrible place, horrible management and horrible co workers.

Cons

Horrible place, horrible people. I do not recommend to anyone. Miami management is terrible. Unprofessional and unethical . The worst ever!!!!!!!'

Advice to Management

Quit your job.you are terrible at what you do. Upper level management: hire managers who actually have education, professionalism and ethics! Maybe then your turn over rate won't be so bad.

11. Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Firstsource Solutions full-time

Pros

The only good thing I can say about this company is my co-workers and my team leader.

Cons

The pay ($10.00 an hour) call and the benefits suck. Management is always trying to find ways to increase volume so they can suck up to the client.

Advice to Management

Try and get the client to increase the pay. This will help keep the good employees

RSS Feed </> Embed