Firstsource Solutions

Firstsource Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Firstsource Solutions CEO & Managing Director Rajesh Subramaniam

Rajesh Subramaniam

Pros:
  • "The work environment at First source is very good"
    in 11 reviews
  • "I am working here because working culture is good anonymous the management is not thinking about us"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Salary is less compare to Others""
    in 6 reviews
  • "Bangalore, India - lack of management support and positive encouragement""
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I have learned so much in the collections of Barclays credit card accounts.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

Proswonderful place to work and short commute

ConsFirstsource is closing the Colorado Springs location

incompetent management and broken promises

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIndependent work environment. Able to work from home when weather makes it impossible to get to the office. Sick, personal, and vacation time were par.

ConsManagement was often indecisive, saying one thing while doing another. Management was quick to cast blame on subordinates for their own oversights. Training was a pointless waste of time. Raises were often promised but postponed.

UNPROFESSIONAL & UNORGANIZED

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Belleville, IL

ProsWhat pros? The only thing I can think of is that you can sometimes, if not a majority of the time, work without being hounded.

ConsWhere do I begin? I get the whole minimal supervision but really? When you NEVER had proper training on the work they put you on and you have TONS of questions, sent NUMEROUS emails and there's no response, not even acknowledgement that you read it, then there's a problem. You get no help and the explanations are VERY confusing and unclear. Then they have the nerve to tell you that you have a goal to meet. It's just horrible..They only help certain people. You literally have to figure things out on your own. When you ask questions they look at you like you just did something wrong. You run out of work, they say they have tons yet you still have nothing to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to FOCUS on YOUR team. EXPLAIN clearly. Give one on one reviews. Answer questions and emails. Make sure all employees have work to do. Live up and own up to your position/title.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is a joke

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Kingston, NY

ProsThe only good thing I can say is that they offer benefits. Which really isn't that great since all companies should offer medical, dental and 401k.

ConsManagement did not manage. The people who were in those roles did not know how to manage and ignored important issues. They were never proactive and did not care about the needs of the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing good at data analysis and financial planning does not make you a manager. Managers need to take care of employee issues not just ignore them because you are lazy.

Total lack of communication

Eligibility Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers all get along. Many share the same interests and have become close friends/family almost.

ConsNo communication stemming from upper management to immediate supervisors. No incentives, 2% merit increase only, no room for advancement and no stability. Since it is a vendor, as soon as a contract is terminated, you lose your job. No internal relocating or placement. Honestly, the worst company I've ever worked for!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement in different regions are on different pages. Nobody follows a standard operating procedure. There is much favoritism and a very low morale coming from all representatives. Management needs to communicate down to staff and work in a standardized way. There needs to be incentives and reason for increase in productivity. Most representatives are there because they need work, but leave as soon as something else comes along. The turnover rate is bad. The company cares only about meeting their quotas and not how they are poorly managing their teams. I am glad I am out.

You get out of it what you put in

Par (Current Employee)
    Honolulu, NC

ProsGreat learning exp. great benefits but you are expected to work, if not no success

ConsCompany can be cheap, insurance is horrible

Have worked for FS for a little over 6 years

ProsGreat people. If it weren't for the tentured agents and some of the leadership, this place would be unbearable.

ConsPromotions from within do not seem warranted at times. You might be a great agent, but not a great manager. Upper management is not "visible", they talk a good talk... They all talk about eachother behind closed doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really do care, don't just say it. You all need to work as a team, not as individual mini P&L pots. The fun is gone...

We are not children and stop showing favoritism..

Par (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsI love my co workers. The only reason l am still with company.

ConsDealing with unfriendly managers. They don't even say good morning. Not enough training for the job you are expected to do. You learn as you go. Pay is too low for what you have to do. The building is very dirty and dusty. The bathrooms are very nasty.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe friendly, stop showing favoritism because daddy works there and grandma retired from company. Hire a cleaning company that will actually clean.

This is the Title of My Review

Data Entry Operator (Former Employee)
    Lake Katrine, NY

ProsIt's a job. It's better than collecting no wage.

ConsLow hourly rate. Above minimum wage but not liveable.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you pay more and treat people with respect. Then quality employees will stay and put an end to the revolving door syndrome.

Great if you don't have a life outside of work

Medical Claims Examiner (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsYou are paid per claim that you process. If you are a hard worker you will be paid for it. The atmosphere is fairly laid back. You can listen to music all day and tune out the rest of the office which works well when you are trying to process as many claims as possible.

ConsThe management constantly makes promises that they can not keep and the overtime is absolutely ridiculous. You are basically only as good as the number of claims you process. Management is completely out of touch with reality and rarely, if ever,take suggestions from processors. If you are a top producer, any promotion that you get is a pay cut. This leads to sub par processors being promoted to leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. We know what will get more claims processed. We want to process as much as possible. Setting arbitrary goals and continually perpetuating overtime isn't going to solve the existing production problems.

Worked for Firstsource Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Firstsource Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Firstsource Solutions CEO Rajesh Subramaniam . All 173 reviews posted anonymously by Firstsource Solutions employees.