Firth Rixson Reviews

Reset
2.9
David Mortimer

Firth Rixson - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I worked at Firth Rixson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice small company. All shop floor workers are very hard workers. Previous CEO was way ahead of the game. Knew everything from start to finish - Good man. HR person has been the most enjoyable person to talk too. She listened and also worked very hard.

Cons

Company owned by investment firm. Thus, profits come before customer on-time deliveries. Example: your $10K job will be pushed back even though it's due at the end of the month. The $20k job that's not due until the middle of next month will take your spot. It's all about the money. Obnoxious sales manager. Silo environment. Environment (including the offices) were very dirty. It's a forging plant so it's expected.

Advice to Management

Prime customer service first, profits second. No customers = No profits

2. Great job

Current Employee - FORGING PRESS OPERATOR in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - FORGING PRESS OPERATOR in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Firth Rixson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great pay, quarterly bonus,

Cons

very hot and greasy place to work

3. Human Resources

I worked at Firth Rixson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company afforded many opportunities to learn and work on challenging projects. Very good compensation and bonus programs. Locations throughout the US as well as UK.

Cons

Limited opportunities to move up unless someone resigns. Long term executive group.

Learned a lot on the job, more than any other entry level.

Pros

Small company feel, good location, learn a lot on the job.

Cons

Hours get rough and expectations are high

Advice to Management

Improve compensation and you will be able to hold on to better talent.

6. CNC OPERATOR

Current Employee - CNC Operator in Midway, GA
    Current Employee - CNC Operator in Midway, GA

I have been working at Firth Rixson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LOOK I have been with firth rixson almost a year, Yes it's a naw company and new company's come with speed bomp. So how can you judge a company that is groing. You should look at all oppertonaties that F.R. has to offer you, if you come to work with us remimber f.r. is offering you a job, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO OFFER THEM. You will only get out of a job what you put in it. You give them 100% they will give you more than 100% I have seen it personally.

Cons

THEY ARE GROWING THAT COME WITH PAIN.................

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I WILL BE THERE FOR YOU. JUST ASK I DON;T SAY NO..............

Disappointing and a black spot on your permanent record

I worked at Firth Rixson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay is about it (they will tell you anything to get you in the door though...I wanted training so of course I was told I would get it...but didn't)

Cons

No Bonuses Poor Management Poor work environments HR doesn't handle any HR related issues Expected to work +40 hours no questions Ridiculously high turnover rate...6 people in 1 week happily resigned...

Advice to Management

The forging industry is not rocket science, please do not pretend it is. Managers form better employees. Employees need incentives. The mass majority of society is not okay with making mid-5 figures working 70+ hours a week, let a lone enjoy it. If you want a happy company you are going to have to treat your employees like $1,000,000 investments. Hiring and firing people is not the fault of the employee; it begs to ask the question, WHAT IS MANAGEMENT DOING WRONG? Focus on outside training for managers and hold management reviews or performance reviews. When 11/12 people complain then you know you are making their life hell and you need to soften up a little bit in the tough industry we work in. I would hire expert managers in other industries to learn everything from the current inefficient and nasty managers then once the trainee can effectively move around the shop floor and handle things on their own, its time to hand the ruthless managers their separation packet and ask them to leave in the best interest of the company. Good Luck!

Multitude of experience at a price. (Firth Rixson Monroe)

Former Employee - Sales Graduate in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Graduate in Rochester, NY

I worked at Firth Rixson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get your feet wet in the forging industry. You can learn a lot in a small period of time. -Long leash. You get to do your job the way you want. -Pay is ok.

Cons

Promises of sales graduate program are a hoax. Meant as a place for senior management to give jobs to their relatives and connections who have yet to aspire in life. -Quarterly bonus program is not actually quarterly. -For salary workers 11h days are regular. Saturdays mandatory. Lunches discouraged. -Saturdays at the end of the month are 12h minimum days.

Advice to Management

Stop sacrificing Monroe for the good of the company. -Build the integrity of the Graduate Program. -Keep to your promises. Firth Rixson no longer has any honor.

Terrible work atmosphere, everyone scared of senior management.

I have been working at Firth Rixson full-time

Pros

Shop floor workers a good set of lads

Cons

Poor culture, this company thinks nothing of it's workforce and dismisses them at the drop of a hat. Long hours expected as standard without any reconpence or time off in lue.

Advice to Management

Get with the times, workers are people you know not machines!

Bad Choice

Pros

Good compensation and solid industry experience.

Cons

At least a third of the workforce gets fired or laid off, regardless of how well they performed their job function. I gathered that on average, they would keep employees about a year before terminating them. Very long hours (worked up to 80 as entry level, first tier management would see 100, don't expect a weekend off) and management with comic-book villain personalities that treat you awfully. I'd rather work at McDonalds.

Advice to Management

Care about hiring. Take it seriously. Get better at hiring people you will actually keep, rather than inflicting so much pain on them.

RSS Feed </> Embed