Fischer Homes

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Hawksley

Great Company, Division, and Culture!

Sales Counselor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFischer Homes is a great company, and I'm happy I chose to join the Atlanta team! They invest in their employee's training and development, which is more than can be said for a lot of companies out there these days, specifically builders. I'm working in the Atlanta Division, but the excitement and appreciation can be felt company-wide, and you'll know this once you step into the corporate offices in Ohio. Also, the quality of the homes is top notch. Nothing beats selling a product you can stand behind 100%!

ConsInsurance benefits are not so great for family - quite expensive!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more affordable insurance options for employees with families.

Not sure which I sold more of...houses or my soul?

Anonymous (Former Employee) Erlanger, KY

ProsGreat product, excellent designs. Story of the company's foundation: inspirational. Proprietary computer systems/IT support: completely solid for a small firm.

ConsChallenges of working here - trying to live your life simultaneously. If you value your personal life, professional reputation or, consequently, both, Fischer will put forth an attempt to destroy them. You will step on land mine (poor training) after land mine (zero work/life balance) after land mine (dysfunctional leadership). In the end, your career will explode before you and you'll spend a long, long time becoming whole again.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe talented people who love this company are leaving - some by choice, others by force. Either way, it is a heart-wrenching experience. Do the company a favor: examine the mass exodus of talent from your organization and sincerely question the decisions made. Right your path, Fischer. It's much harder to build a great home than it is to build an educated, loyal team.

Don't believe the hype...

Sales Counselor (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWork space was somewhat ok.

ConsTerrible management/ownership. Very management top heavy, needed to constantly train, because they cannot keep anyone in a sale position for a long period of time. It's a revolving door of sales people.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phenomenal

ProsThe company has very high customer satisfaction, and builds great homes. It is extremely sound financially, and was able to expand into new markets during the toughest part of the housing downturn (when other builders were struggling). To be a privately held company, and have that financial ability, speaks to the rock-solid operational strategy of the company. Great culture, great team of people across the board. Definitely one of the best places to work!

ConsIt is definitely a results-oriented company, so employees are expected to produce, which is not the perfect fit for everyone. If you are willing to work hard, and be a great team-player, the sky's the limit.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to execute the core values of the company - bright future!

Unappreciative Management of Sales teams- Out of touch

Sales Counselor (Former Employee) Crestview Hills, KY

ProsBenefits overall were good if you work internally - not in sales positions. Sales positions could make 100k +/year if you kiss enough butt to get into a selling neighborhood, then work 60-80 every single week for a year or so, continue to take your managers verbal and mental abuse to make it to see the closings to get paid. The nagging never stops.

ConsNever ending nagging. No sales numbers are ever good enough. If you aren't a total Yes man and are willing to have absolutely no personal life and like to live in fear of losing your job (which also means losing your earned commissions) or losing your neighborhood that you have worked so hard to build.. its a good place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just hire new managers just like yourself or like the last loser who failed his own business... or the manager you fired years ago. Hire managers who encourage and support sales teams. Without sales people SELLING your houses - NONE of you would have a job!

New Home Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost other sales people were great. All hating the job

ConsWhat a joke, poor training, poor leadership, micro managment

Advice to Senior Managementclose, start caring about your employees and the customer

Fischer is a good company to work for a couple years, that's it, the raises stop and more work load.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Crestview Hills, KY

ProsFischer homes is a good First job right out of school to get some job experience. Training is good.

ConsPoor raises, poor salary compared to other companies, you just get a pat on the back, thanks good job keep up the good work, salary job they expect you to work a lot of free overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees raises, don't expect your salary employees to work over 40 hours per week if that's what there getting paid for.

Need a better culture

ProsThe company is going to be a around for a long time because it is a very frugal company.

ConsPay below average per position. Needs major streamlining. Poor support and alot of departmental fingerpointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance cheap with smart buisness decisions. Work very hard on streamlining things and letting go of old habits.

Worked for Fischer Homes? Contribute to the Community!