Fiserv

Fiserv Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki

Jeffery Yabuki

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance makes you tolerate more than you would at another place"
    in 38 reviews
  • "The ability to work from home was nice (though this has been discontinued)"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Processes constantly changing which have little to no value"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Very silo-ed work business units cause unnecessary red tape"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Management

Lead Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFriendly Employees. Good working environment.

ConsNo Career in this company

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs good grip of the day to day process

Customers and leadership alike treat employees with hostility

Customer Facing Role (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUndeniably strong financial position and solid business model.

ConsIt is hard to see what has become of the companies Fiserv has acquired. Innovation slows down while product investment is directed to integration with other Fiserv assets, but slowly and adding tremendous cost to the clients. They can't figure out how to do anything without taking months, not weeks, and quadrupling cost along the way. Customers (not all, but many) are unhappy, leadership leads based on fear and when these two are combined, it barely makes the workday tolerable.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates. Empower them. Develop some sort of career path and growth opportunities. Stop reducing middle management to traffic cops and stop hiring leaders who only care about themselves. It would say a lot if Mr. Walmart was asked to go. His personal brand of arrogance and intimidation is like a poison that leaks out to all other areas.

The good ole days

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMost of the people are good to work with, the benefits are pretty good if you look at the whole picture which most people miss. Flexibility in hours in the office depending on position.

ConsI know that you need to make money to survive, its the sole purpose of owning a business. But salary is low while expectations are high. Work/Life balance suffers depending on position. Environment is negative due to all the unhappy people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStock price is not the sole metric. Take a good look at what is going on in the different business units and why you have so many people leaving. Also, make sure to reward the employees. They put in long hours, work extremely hard... but see small pay increases and no profit sharing. And lastly, it hasn't gone unnoticed that the small things are missing... family picnics, team gatherings..... you need to bring those back.

2014 Benefits - Fiserv's motto 'we strive to be mediocre'

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey offer benefits package to employees.

ConsWhat they offer leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust watched an hour long webinar from HR executive on changes to the benefits package (medical, dental, life insurance, etc) for 2014. They tried to explain that they aimed to be middle of the pack with regard to benefits offered to employees as compared to other fortune 500 companies. In doing so they lowered some benefits, increased some & costs are also in line with that model. Way to go Fiserv, your HR benefits motto appears to be 'strive to be mediocre' - should employees model this same behavior on the value we add to Fiserv???

I don't use any the Fiserv benefits as my spouse has vastly superior benefits (e.g. Vision premium is more than 50% cheaper than what Fiserv offers, medical also significantly less pricey than Fiserv & with better coverage).

If you consider a job from Fiserv, calculate in the fact that you will spend a small fortune on medical monthly premiums & out of pocket costs from your salary.

It's been challenging

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, good culture and challenging work

ConsExpected to work long hours which doesn't provide for a good work-life balance

working to improve

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 3 years

Prosthe people work hard and are (for the most part) genuine.

Conssalary (lower than market) and raises are scarce

Advice to Senior Managementenhance benefits to be the best in the industry.

Fiserv call center in Hickory NC

I have been working at Fiserv

ProsGreat place to work. Modern office very professional but fun. Supervisors and managers are always looking to help.

ConsVery busy and high expectations. Can be stressful at times.

Downward spiral

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUsed to be a great company with vision and ethics

Cons"One Fiserv" is a joke. Forget about outside competition, there is enough internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssociates make the company either a success or a failure. You can not have the best staff available when you are not willing to pay market rates

Low employee morale

Client Service Analyst (Former Employee)
Lincoln, NE

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than a year

Pros-You'll get to travel, if that's something you enjoy.
-As a brand new college graduate, you'll get a job and the pay isn't bad to start (until you realize you deserve to make more money)

Cons-Pay. They start you around 38k or so, which isn't bad for a recent college grad. But you soon realize that it is not competitive for the industry, and you're generally solving software issues for customers and data centers that make significantly more money than you do. Raises are a max of 2% a year...which is bad. This is the main complaint of any Fiserv employee. Most of the talented people leave Fiserv after a year or so, and make about 15k more a year for a competitor or Fiserv customer.

-Training: Most people here don't go to school for anything computer or software related, they essentially hire you and train you from the ground up. That's good, except the training is very unorganized, very little for the expectations they have for you, and it won't be easy or enjoyable for most people who don't know much about computers.

-Morale: You aren't making much money, you're working in a stressful environment, and the senior analysts that you rely on for help are either too busy or just plain lazy. You'll be troubleshooting issues way above your skillset, working through lunch or after work hours, there will be nobody available to help you....and you'll be troubleshooting issues that the customers IT manager (making 70k a year) wasn't even able to resolve. It's frustrating, to say the very least.

-Advancement: If you love the software, don't mind about low pay, and learn the product, it is possible to move up to a manager or senior analyst role. But, as I said, most people leave long before that, and if you do make it that far, it's pretty normal to have senior analysts that have been in the same job for 10-15 years and still make less than 60k.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They're concerns and complaints are legitimate, and preventing you from retaining talented people. The job isn't easy and the support/training we needed wasn't there. Do something about it, for once.

Horrible, horrible, horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you want to work hard with low pay and no recognition, then this is a place for you.

ConsHorrible leadership, horrible pay, and horrible treatment of woman in the workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Board of Directors needs to stop turning a blind eye to the turnover, in the end that will bring down the company. Employees are dissatisfied with pay, bonuses and benefits.

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!

Fiserv Videos

Fiserv – Why Work for Us?

Quick Facts Year founded: 1984 Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin Locations: 155 worldwide Employees: Approximately 21,000 Revenue: $4.48 billion in 2012 Who We Are Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiserv reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fiserv CEO Jeffery Yabuki. All 696 reviews posted anonymously by Fiserv employees.