Fiserv Reviews

• Jersey City, NJ
1.9
Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Not sure about all of Fiserv but the Investment Services division is a mess. No one is addressing what is wrong.

Current Employee - Customer Operations Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

*The co workers in the trenches
    *Telecommute flexibility
    *Free bagels on Mondays
    *Jeans on Fridays

Cons

* losing quality employees for several reasons, no employee retention
    *no promotions (as said by HR)
    *minuscule raises
    *no bonuses unless you are a director (or above)
    *lack of product focus
    *no forward thinking on products, competition way ahead of us
    *constant re-orgs....every 12-18 months
    *little to no career development
    *absolutely horrible health insurance
    *too much hiring from the outside, no internal movement
    *top heavy on management
    *no resources for development or client projects
    *staff is stretched way too thin
    *morale is at an all time low (I've been here ten years)

You may ask why I am still here at Fiserv after 10yrs. Well I am quitting tomorrow.

Advice to Management

No use advising them on something they will never listen too

A Lost Leader

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Terrific legacy technology. Invented the managed account accounting industry and had gained close to a 90% market share. Part a $5 billion company with strong growth and a great stock value.

Cons

Unfortunately, over the course of time, the former Security APL group sat back on its size and prominence and failed to reinvest and innovate. Competition popped up with better more nimble technology and a different view of the industry and depleted the groups market share. New sales became next to impossible, due to an antiquated pricing methodology and lack of product vision. The move from Jersey City to Warren NJ was absolutely a culture change that hinders client interaction with large organizations in NYC. Morale is at an all time low and employees don't trust the decisions of the Leadership team. They have opted to increase profits to corporate by decreasing investment in the division, causing infighting, silo's and people generally feeling like they are not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Change your philosophy. Accept that you are not longer the industry leader and regain the hunger that you once had. take your clients criticism seriously and begin to operate from an offensive position instead of consistently playing defense. Get in front of your clients, listen to their issues, change and correct what is wrong using methods that work. Not the same methods that clients criticize annually because of failure to deliver and failure to understand the root cause of the issues that they raise. The industry has changed and is moving and changing rapidly, you're already behind the curve, correct course and begin to rebuild your business. There is no silver bullet, its hard work and hard decisions that will help you turn the corner.

Great people to work with but otherwise not a very good experience

Former Employee - Reporting Systems Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Reporting Systems Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great day-to-day team and coworkers
    Flexible work hours, open to work from homes.
    The coworkers I worked with day to day were some really smart and dedicated people

Cons

Lack of direction and leadership
    Low market pay and lack of raises
    Lack of focus, doesn't feel company going right direction. A lot of internal projects ended up getting us nowhere and hurts morale

Advice to Management

Really need to have a clear focus on goals and not just getting short term projects done

5. Very Disorganized

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot, gained good experience

Cons

Company is constantly being bought out and reorged

Advice to Management

try to keep experienced people

Good Company but the vision seem to have lost.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Except ESPP I cannot mention of anything. Earlier the medical plan was great but that has been increased in the last 5 years.

Cons

Do not meet numbers cut resources without even thinking. No open environment, does not promote internal resources and hire senior management from outside. The current CEO has been listed as worst 9 CEO's so that explains. Appraisals and salary hikes negligible.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees , do not outsource everything to offshore, leverage on skills rather than layoff senior and experience people. Treat employee as assets and build your company over it,.

Not a good place to be if you are not a manager or above.

Current Employee - non-manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - non-manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ESPP made me some good bucks till now.
    Good options for medical coverage. Overall, good benifits.

Cons

Too much of bureaucrat.
    Downsize atleast once a year.
    Biased profit sharing thinking - bonus is only for managers and above.
    Not much opportunities of growth.
    Overall work culture is not encouraging.
    Expect worst from internal tech support and HR group.

Advice to Management

Practice promotions within the current employees rather than hiring someone new. Stop adding an eagle within the geese.

Not that the associates use to get big bonuses, but the cut down of bonus for the deserving employees (non-managers) is unfair. Please dont eat other's fruits, just because it is in your plate.

And here is one BONUS advice -

Focus on client is necessary but how will the client experience quality if the associates are not being focused. Think about it!

Political minefield

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work there are generally of a good caliber: intelligent, ambitious, dedicated. Very easy to get along with, and even make friends at work.

Cons

Management is an entirely different story- it's a minefield. Annual reviews that are JUST good enough to keep you where you are, constantly dangling carrots as far as promotions/raises/etc.

Advice to Management

Heavy compartmentalization, you never interact with your boss' boss and rarely with other departments. Unless you're good at playing politics, look forward to year after year after year doing the same job with minimal career growth.

More Layoffs

Current Employee - Minion in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Minion in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well equipped to do my job - light laptop, Blackberry, large monitors, work from home. They hire good soldiers - haven't found one yet that I dislike. Management is another issue.

Cons

I've been here a year and a half and there have been 3 lay offs and more recently cuts in raises and bonuses. The departments and divisions are horribly silo'ed. Their pitch of "One Fiserv" is altruistic and definitely not real. They espouse signing of new contracts yet they continue to lay off people. How is that fair to people who need to make money so that they can live? I wasn't initially pleased with my 1% increase and a laughable bonus but I am glad I still have a job.

Advice to Management

Forget the weekly bagels, free coffee, pizza lunches - give people some job security. Do something concrete to make it truly "One Fiserv".

Get out while you still have time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Unfortunately, there are very "few good men and women" at Fiserv overall. My manager and my team at IS were wonderful. It's a shame they had to leave as well. Good luck IS - now part of Fiserv.

Cons

Leadership is always questionable. It's all about who you know and not what you know. Regular layoffs have become the norm in this organization. It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses. Health benefits are pitiful. I love how Corporate HR tries to make it sound like Fiserv offers excellent benefits compared to the market. I had to try my best NOT to go to the doctor in fear of having to pay out my ridiculous deductible. I couldn't afford it.

Advice to Management

How about we layoff the CEO so we can save a few million? Thank you Mr. CEO for your advice during a town hall, "if you don't like the way we do business, there's the door." Of course there is always option #2, layoff (at least you get an okay severance package.) So get out while you still have time.

good coworkers/little professional development in IT department

Current Employee - Software Developer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work with a great team of people who have experience from a lot of industries / gain valuable experience working for a public company / steady pay check / easy working hours with little stress

Cons

when I interviewed for the job, I asked what FIserv could do to advance my career in a practical way. I was promised mentorship, continuing education, industry events, and opportunities for promotion.

Instead of working on new projects, most of my work has been migrating services from domestic teams to new, outsourced teams. Not that fun or challenging.

Advice to Management

invest in your employees. we want to learn, but you must provide more opportunities.