Fiserv Reviews

Jeffery Yabuki

Senior Account Executive

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of products and services

Cons

Overworked, way too many managers, many levels for approval and decisions Takes about 4 to 6 months to get anything approved

Too busy to lead. Scared to make a decision.

poor benefits and poor work/life management

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

despite the negative atmosphere at the office, there's camaraderie between fellow laborers who are also subject to the same difficult conditions.

Cons

i didn't do my research well, and I thought that there were a lot of PDO days. But I didn't know that this included holidays and sick days. After 11 holidays, there's only 7 days off a year. Benefits are poor, and management rarely listens to feedback from employees from my perspective. Management is very demanding and my quality of life decreased significantly during my time at Fiserv. As is evident in the reviews on this site, Fiserv suffers from high employee high turnover. That's because we feel that the company doesn't give a sh*t about us!

The siloed business divisions don't work together and there's no vision for the company as a whole.

Resources are poorly shared between divisions, and yet we're expected to support each other.

There's little room to move up unless you're friends with upper management.

give us more time off and keep

easy job isn't too demanding, but no room to grow

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like most of my immediate team, and the pay is competitive. I got good experience learning about the finance industry.

Cons

Company politics suck and take up at least 40-50% of my week, and I don't get to focus on developing and writing code. Instead, I spend my time justifying my projects, giving updates, and justifying my projects again.

Recently after spending 4 weeks working on a project that had been approved by the director, it was cancelled with no explanation. I just want to work -- not play politics.

Because of the tough atmosphere, it's hard to grow and move up in the organization unless you're a personality type A person who is willing to play management's games.

I do not recommend!

The company would be more efficient if it was a horizontal team, not a vertical hierarchy

5. Interesting but don't recommend staying for long

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

A good environment for getting things done, a good place to learn the finance domain. Supportive colleages, OK (but not great) benefits

Cons

It is way too conservative on many bottom-up initiatives. THe management could learn a bit better from its past mistakes too.

Loved it when it was CheckFree, then dreaded Fiserv came and ruined a great work place

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Great people, made some really good friends.
    Learned a lot in my field.
    Encouraged to expand knowledge and training, and to obtain certifications.

I came into the company while it was still CheckFree, and I loved working there. After about a year, the merger with Fiserv happened, and things slowly started going downhill. But my team, a technology group, were really great people, everyone got along and we were all knowlegeable at our jobs, and most importantly, willing to help each other. Thatt part of the job I was truly grateful for. My immediate manager and the Director of my group are wonderful people who I consider friends and colleagues, and will keep in touch with.

Cons

The pay is far below market value. They pay the same nationwide regardless of geographic region, so my job in NYC paid the same as the job anywhere else. The cost of living in NYC is much higher than the rest of the country, but that doesn't matter. And the pay was low to begin with. Couple that with no raises for almost 3 years, paltry bonuses, and little to no chance for advancement, and the choice to leave was a no brainer.

The real reason I left, though, was because the FET (Technology group) organization is going down the drain. They have a "vision" to consolidate data centers, yet after 3 years little to no progress has been made and the plan seems to change on a monthly basis. At the same time, they are offshoring jobs to India in every single technology dept. That team that has 30 US members today will almost certainly be slashed in the coming year or 2, with a skeleton US crew being backed up by Indian associates. The members hired onto my team seemed like they were ok at the job, but they were completely unnecessary and we found ourselves just trying to find work for them to do. The FET goal is to offshore as many jobs as possible so they can severely reduce US head count. I saw the writing on the wall and decided to get out while I could. My advice to any FET associate, don't trust a word the senior leadership tells you. They see you as expendable and will lay you off as soon as look at you.

CheckFree was wonderful and I really miss it, I could have seen myself staying there for a long time, but Fiserv is just a really terrible company. They don't care about their employees at all and don't care if they leave. In fact, they seem to encourage it so they can fill your role with someone in India.

To me, it seems they are sacrificing the company for minimal savings in the short term by off shoring rather than investing in the long term health of the company. Maybe the big wigs are trying to drive up the stock price before they cash out and retire.

Stop off shoring jobs to India. In a time when the US economy is struggling and people here need jobs, you are doing everything you can to make it worse. Plus, offshoring rarely works. I've seen it many times, a company sees cost savings in the short run but in the end they bring the jobs back to the US because in the end it costs much more than they thought it would to operate overseas. Plus India won't be cheap forever, there's already housing issues in Delhi that have driven up real estate prices. Guess what that means? You will be forced to pay the Indian employees more in the future. Bye bye cost savings and the reason to offshore in the first place.