Fiserv

Updated November 13, 2014
3.4

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 72 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 23 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Fiserv, innovative financial services company

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Completely transparent, you get what you are promised. Cool technology in bill pay products coming out frequently. If you do what you say you will, you will be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

I worked away from corporate office and often there was disconnect between home office and our office.

Continue to find the talents of people and give them responsibilities and financial benefit. Great employees throughout company waiting to do more.

Not terrible. Has issues that should be addressed.

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Other than medical, the benefits are very good. Tuition reimbursement, cafeteria allowance, good PTO, wfh if you're in the right group. Stable, secure. Decent pay Good coworkers. Intelligent managers (at least mine were).

Cons

Medical benefits are bad. HDHP w/HSA. They say it's the industry standard. So why not be a leader and provide good health benefits instead of being one of the crowd? Lack of opportunities and training. Culture can be a little unprofessional. CEO can be a jerk during town hall meetings. Someone needs to tell him to stop threatening to fire you. Even as a joke. And stop withy the stand up routines.

- Better health benefits
    - better training opportunities
    - allow for advancement
    - encourage career growth.

tCTit

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers and Management are caring and helpful.

Cons

Nothing bad to say good company.

This company should be in the top 5 worst companies

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Paid time off. It's a job in a very bad economy. Air conditioning works well.

Cons

Rediculasly bad health insurance, low salary, low salary bans, very low percentage raise when you can get one, stingy hunger games type bonus structure, old outdated equipment. Not very many career opportunities in the Phoenix office. There is a sight director in Phoenix but no other Directors, VP's or anything higher. They like to keep all the control in the Dublin, Oh call center where they have plenty of Directors, VP's, Sr VP's. Every once in a while Dublin will send us a postion in a department we don't have in Phoenix, but we know eventually they will decide they need one less position in that department and they will lay that person off. So it can be dangerous to apply for the rare opportunity that may pop up in Phoenix because you just may end up looking for a new job. Our department has been asking for certain equipment upgrades that are very inexpensive, but we are always told it's not in the budget, but the company will buy two seats on a plane to send one or our VP's out to make an appearance a few times a year. Cut one of his trips to our site and it will pay for the upgrades we have been begging for. We are internet banking company but are constantly having issues with our systems not working properly.

It's time to start putting money back into the company instead of always trying to make your balance sheet look good. If you want to keep good people, you need to pay them.

I am invisible

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work-home time
    Distance from home
    My team

Cons

Stifling culture, micro-management, overwhelming scrutiny

My department is not considered revenue creating. My department is loss prevention. We deal with millions of payments a month. Our job is to make sure the customers' payments make it to their billers in time. We field questions from every department and managers. If another department makes an error, it is up to us to correct it, and contact both billers and customers to alleviate the problems. We are not allowed to say "I don't know". Yet, when we request to be included into a site team builder, we are forgotten. Our picture is not displayed with the call center group photograph. We are hidden and disparaged by the site management because we are not on the front lines. Loss prevention. I would think that this is important, but Fiserv does not.

Negative and frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm hard-pressed to come up with more than a couple but there is vacation time and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

This has to be the most profitable yet GREEDY company that I have ever worked for. The annual increases are hard to come by and might catch you up with the cost of living if the cost of living remains frozen and you work there for twenty years. The demands of the first couple levels of employees far surpass the compensation that is provided. The expectations and level of accountability for entry level employees far exceed that of upper management. It is hard to fathom how some of them can be so close-minded and mediocre at inspiring, leading, developing, innovating, improving, and teaching yet they hang onto their job with ease and treat their direct reports with double standards. There appears to be no eye for talent and no skill set or willingness to develop and promote when a management position becomes available. A majority of the positions that have opened up during my time here have gone to external candidates. I seriously question the selection process and their inability to see the impact that it has on an already all-time low morale. The environment and morale were not great when I started but have drastically deteriorated due to ridiculous rules and being micromanaged every second of your day. It appears that the preference is for you to leave your common sense, creativity, and humanity at the door and become a drone that doesn't ask questions for the eight plus hours a day that you spend there.

There are no holiday parties, group events, or team builders and only bare minimum, sloppy, and sporadic efforts are made to improve morale. The communication is very poor and expectations change on a monthly or sometimes weekly basis. There is zero effort to competitively pay the employees or reward them for meeting goals or taking on additional workload. The hours satisfy my current needs and that is the only reason I have stayed this long but I see no real opportunity for advancement and a promotion to the next level would undoubtedly result in a meager raise and further being taken advantage of. I would never refer anyone to work there because of the surplus of call centers in this area. If someone finds themselves in the position of starting over, I would not suggest to settle with this level of mediocrity.

I would suggest that the senior management get a clue and start seriously trying to improve morale by loosening their large and stiff purse strings. Please take a look at what your competitors are paying their employees for similar work and experience and at the very least, make a feeble effort to bridge the gap. If you treat your employees with a shred of the dignity, respect, and appreciation that you expect your employees to treat your customers with, the morale and attrition wouldn't be the ugly problems that they have become. You are an industry leader that has been wildly successful and profitable and it is time that you start treating your employees like they are the employees of an industry leader that has been wildly successful and profitable. They have unquestionably contributed to your successes and the bonuses that you've received. Why don't you stop spending your time posting positive comments about your company on sites like this and start figuring out a way to not be one of the worst publicly traded companies to work for in this great country of ours?

Was a great company before Yabuki!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None none one none none

Cons

Why does Yabuki get raises of 5 to 14percent when the employee are seeing less than 2?

Start treating your employes like people and not like numbers and might feel like associates

Complete Disaster, run as fast as you can!

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate (EFT) in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate (EFT) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Free soda 24hours a day. 24/7 operation so many shifts available.

Cons

Pay scale is FAR LOWER than other business outfits doing the same or similar type of work. No pay raise in 2 years and even the it was less than 1.00. Little to no employee recognition. Bully bosses and very low employee morale across all business channels. Quality standards for work have increased with no employee support and very little guidance. Hasty new employee hires are bringing in folks who have no business in customer service. Many good employees are quitting at a high rate.

Take the high road and fight for your employees. They will work FOR you instead of against you. PAY more and you'll get more. Respect your employees and they will be happier and morale will go up. Quit promoting people internally who are not ready! Treat ALL shifts equally!

horrendous

Current Employee - Inbound Phone Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Phone Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

cafeteria on the premises. free parking outside.

Cons

I took assessments to get this job and went through an interview. Then when I get into training class they tell me it is not a good fit for me. What is wrong with them?!

Listen to people who have just started at your company as they have no prejudices yet. they are objective because they do not know you! I was hired after going through an interview and assessments and then when I get into the training class i am treated badly because I am not picking up the material as quickly as other people in the training class. then i am told by the new hr person that they just hired 2 months prior to my starting that I am not a good fit for the job??!! Encouragment, kindness, making people feel valued...that is what motivates people! Not negative judgements and assumptions about their abilities!

Okay, but no growth opportunity or pay compensation increases

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Good Training Programs
    Dedicated Training Staff
    Telecommuting Opportunity
    Lots of variety to work
    Ability to impact and drive company profit results
    Diverse employee base
    Build positive peer to peer relationships for a comfortable and positive working enviornment

Cons

Poor pay compensation and promotional opportunities since Fiserv aquired CheckFree
    CEO gets pay increases, but employees do not
    Expected to evaluate performance but even if you are a solid contributor, there are no pay increases
    Not a lot of development opportunity for career growth

Find a way to create layers of promotional opportunities
    Work more diligently with workforce to create the ability to request time off as needed
    Work with other leaders in the company to get on the same page