Fiserv

Updated December 17, 2014
2.6

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 72 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 23 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Helpful colleagues, nice environment, too much to learn

Cons

insurance plans need to work on.

doing well, need more technical aspects

Very Good Company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in India, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in India, TX

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Very Good Company to wrok

Cons

Need more technical work, thats it

Doing good

Just A Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Company subsidized cafeteria, free soft drinks , casual dress code & frequent visits from great food trucks in the area.

Cons

Adequate training period but terrible follow up with newer employees. Hard to get answers to even simple questions. Little to no communication between supervisors and employees except
    occasional one-on-one time.

Need to do less micromanaging of stats and take a class or 2 on communication with your employees.

Employee for 5+years

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very good benefits, friendly working environment

Cons

Pay raises are minimal, not much room for advancemen

Great Employeer

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people and great managment make it easy to work here. The management teams really have their employee's best interests at heart. I cant tell you how many times I have been told not to burn myself out.

Cons

The organizational structure changes alot, however it makes for the management teams to all be on the same page.

Make the management teams and organizational structures less fluid, it should result in a more consistant environment with less turn over.

Great company. Great people. Innovative. Deflating release processes.

Former Employee - Manager, Software Development
    Former Employee - Manager, Software Development

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to work with brilliant people. Diverse set of skills across the organization. Many individuals have deep knowledge of technology and the industry. Excellent benefits. Generous 401k matching.

Cons

Too often the wrong roles are making product road map decisions. Frequently changing release schedules is deflating to those who work so hard for the overall success of the products and company.

Bonus goals seem non-achievable since year after year the stock price goes up, but employees are told that bonuses will be a small fraction of their target amount due to financial goals not being met.

Rein in over-bearing senior managers that derail sound release management. Otherwise, credibility with clients will continue to erode. Every company has its prima donnas. It's important to identify and mentor them, as well.

Be more transparent about bonus potential so that employee expectations can be managed effectively.

A Lost Leader

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Terrific legacy technology. Invented the managed account accounting industry and had gained close to a 90% market share. Part a $5 billion company with strong growth and a great stock value.

Cons

Unfortunately, over the course of time, the former Security APL group sat back on its size and prominence and failed to reinvest and innovate. Competition popped up with better more nimble technology and a different view of the industry and depleted the groups market share. New sales became next to impossible, due to an antiquated pricing methodology and lack of product vision. The move from Jersey City to Warren NJ was absolutely a culture change that hinders client interaction with large organizations in NYC. Morale is at an all time low and employees don't trust the decisions of the Leadership team. They have opted to increase profits to corporate by decreasing investment in the division, causing infighting, silo's and people generally feeling like they are not appreciated.

Change your philosophy. Accept that you are not longer the industry leader and regain the hunger that you once had. take your clients criticism seriously and begin to operate from an offensive position instead of consistently playing defense. Get in front of your clients, listen to their issues, change and correct what is wrong using methods that work. Not the same methods that clients criticize annually because of failure to deliver and failure to understand the root cause of the issues that they raise. The industry has changed and is moving and changing rapidly, you're already behind the curve, correct course and begin to rebuild your business. There is no silver bullet, its hard work and hard decisions that will help you turn the corner.

Always watch your back

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Well it is a check and they do have insurance and some of the people you work with are decent. At least the stock is doing well

Cons

Wow where do I start? If Fiserv buys your company update your resume and get it out there because the chances are they will slice it up and send jobs to other plants and you will be out on the street. The plants they sent the work to did not fully understand what was supposed to happen and they ended up losing customers. After they laid me off I got a call from another Fiserv branch but they told me I would have to take a cut in pay from what I was making. All they care about is the bottom line. They are a big fish in a big pond but when they come out with new software the customers groan because it wont work with their other software. Upper management doesn’t care about the lower employees and just want to impress each other. One time I had to do training for 50 employees but some mucky mucks from HQ came that day and a SVP grabbed the projector just in case he had to do a presentation. You cant leave anything out on your desk at night or someone will steal it.

Stop forgetting about the people who put you where you are

I'm Not Happy, But I have A Paycheck

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As far as call centers go, Fiserv does have the best one I have worked in. Clean, bright environment. Friendly people. Lots of "morale" activities. Nice benefits, even if they are pricey. The potential to earn a bonus each quarter. It is not hard to move around in the department which is nice because supporting the same thing for months and months can become tedious. Some flexibility of schedule. The annual review process does give you a voice to talk about the things you have accomplished through the year which is good. It does seem like the management in the call center tries to recognize people when they have done well, or have gone above and beyond. Some opportunity for project work and experience outside of your normal position.

Cons

Call Center metrics are aggressive and possibly unattainable if you aren't cutting corners which can be very frustrating. Compensation for most call center associates is poor. Occurrence system is pedantic at best and wildly disrespectful of the fact that human beings are not robots nor do their lives revolve around Fiserv. There needs to be better career paths for call center associates. There does seem to be a LOT of cronyism going on.

The Call Center environment (in any company) is an incredibly challenging environment to be an associate in. Being successful at the associate level, as it stands (in ANY call center), often requires you to sacrifice your basic needs, as well as suffer high levels of disrespect on a daily basis. It would be really great if we could change the current paradigm. I have heard so many associates talk about getting a "grown up job" when discussing how much they are dissatisfied working in the call center at Fiserv. This is because in our pursuit to please the client and drive service levels into the green, those of us working on the front lines are treated as children made to justify our ever action or lack there of. You are ranked and valued based on the most recent metrics report. Previous excellence and future potential mean very little and we associates are told that every day. Respect the associates as much as you do the customers and clients we serve. Make this feel like a "grown up job."

Innovative Products and Services

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fiserv will take companies into the next generation. Forward thinking and will continut to be a successful company. Ability to work from home is a great bonus.

Cons

Very large company- decsions are slow. Very process intensive and decsions are only made at the exective level. Seems to have high turn over rate.

Fiserv has great employees, management needs to trust them to make decsions with out the intensive governance process