Fiserv

Updated November 17, 2014
2.6

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 70 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 22 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

I'm Not Happy, But I have A Paycheck

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As far as call centers go, Fiserv does have the best one I have worked in. Clean, bright environment. Friendly people. Lots of "morale" activities. Nice benefits, even if they are pricey. The potential to earn a bonus each quarter. It is not hard to move around in the department which is nice because supporting the same thing for months and months can become tedious. Some flexibility of schedule. The annual review process does give you a voice to talk about the things you have accomplished through the year which is good. It does seem like the management in the call center tries to recognize people when they have done well, or have gone above and beyond. Some opportunity for project work and experience outside of your normal position.

Cons

Call Center metrics are aggressive and possibly unattainable if you aren't cutting corners which can be very frustrating. Compensation for most call center associates is poor. Occurrence system is pedantic at best and wildly disrespectful of the fact that human beings are not robots nor do their lives revolve around Fiserv. There needs to be better career paths for call center associates. There does seem to be a LOT of cronyism going on.

The Call Center environment (in any company) is an incredibly challenging environment to be an associate in. Being successful at the associate level, as it stands (in ANY call center), often requires you to sacrifice your basic needs, as well as suffer high levels of disrespect on a daily basis. It would be really great if we could change the current paradigm. I have heard so many associates talk about getting a "grown up job" when discussing how much they are dissatisfied working in the call center at Fiserv. This is because in our pursuit to please the client and drive service levels into the green, those of us working on the front lines are treated as children made to justify our ever action or lack there of. You are ranked and valued based on the most recent metrics report. Previous excellence and future potential mean very little and we associates are told that every day. Respect the associates as much as you do the customers and clients we serve. Make this feel like a "grown up job."

Fiserv, innovative financial services company

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Completely transparent, you get what you are promised. Cool technology in bill pay products coming out frequently. If you do what you say you will, you will be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

I worked away from corporate office and often there was disconnect between home office and our office.

Continue to find the talents of people and give them responsibilities and financial benefit. Great employees throughout company waiting to do more.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fiserv as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay for an internship.
    Great managers and coworkers.
    Friendly work environment.
    Casual attire.
    On-campus cafeteria.
    Growing company.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities.
    Underwhelming and isolating office spaces.
    Lack of responsibilities.
    Too many hoops to jump through to get anything done (Corporate policies I suppose).

Too many changes

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Depending on the department, you may just have an awesome supervisor. I was never micro-managed, so that was great.

Cons

Before all of the changes took place, this was a great company to work for. Suddenly, top management changed and all the new managers started hiring their friends and everything went crazy. Everyone's workload wasn't evenly distributed and things just became drastically unfair.

Appreciate those who have worked in the trenches for this company instead of swapping them out for your friends who know little to nothing. You're the reason the turnaround rate is increasing drastically.

They understand banking technology -- but not much about marketing

Former Employee - Senior Writer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Writer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Solid company that is well-positioned in their market -- banking technology. Given the nature of their product, they are data-driven with measurable goals and expectations.

Cons

I worked in the marketing department. The business decisions around branding and marketing were politically-driven with the total focus on pleasing people of influence within the organization.

Create a culture that invites customer-focused thinking and less concerned about internal dynamics

Great company. Leading products.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Competitive salary. Work from home flexibility.

Cons

Not much growth opportunity. People get frustrated after a while and move on.

Promote and recognize your top performers.

Good Learning Experience

Current Employee - Intern in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fiserv as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The workplace itself is very relaxed and the people are very nice. As an intern I gained a lot of experience in the business world. The company did a great job with their intern program and helping us get exposed to the real world.

Cons

A lot of backwards and time consuming processes. There are a lot of very incompetent employees who.

Fortune 500 company, lots of potential but just a number

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its a large company with lots of opportunities. We get to work on the latest and greatest technology.

Cons

The company is so large that the employees are just numbers and don't feel appreciated. Its all about the stock price and not the well being of the employee.

Take care of your employees and the rest will follow.

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Salary increases are minimal, but other than that no complaints

Easy to work with as a contractor!

Former Employee - Contractor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Contractor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed their help desk and contractor support. They were also great about providing top notch hardware. Whenever I needed help from their help desk, they were immediate and I spoke to a real person.

Cons

Billing and getting payments sent to me was difficult due to their internal payments processing process for contractors

Consider including contractors in their visioning and culture