Fiserv

Updated December 16, 2014
2.6

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 72 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 23 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

Frustrating, unfulfilling, inflexible, stressful, and dead end are terms that describe this experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Most co-workers are great people. This is about the only good balancer.

Cons

Management is inflexible and sometimes unreasonable. Bad work to life balance. Too many silos. Undercompensated.

Listen! Be more flexible with working hours and environment. Pay people what they are worth.

Way too many middle and upper management

Former Employee - Senior Software Development
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The workers, not the upper management

Cons

No raises for several years, employee appreciation day ends up being paid for by the people in each office.
    Benefits are ridiculous and too expensive, could not afford their health insurance
    Way way too many VP's,
    reduction in force, way too many times. No upper management gets affected by this just workers and first line managers
    Pretend to care about what we think, but their surveys only gave you certain options and the topics they knew we would not bash. FAKE!

Get rid of useless upper management and their redicuolous salaries, and you could keep 1/2 the teams you just laid off!!!

It is the worse company to work for!

I have been working at Fiserv full-time

Pros

There are no Pros.

Cons

Too many to list.

Software engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gud projects
    Work life balance

Cons

Salary is less
    Should work on raising increment

Should improve policies

From BAD to WORSE!

Former Employee - Operations in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Operations in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with in my department.

Cons

In the 5 years I worked there, things went downhill FAST! Employees are not treated with respect. No raises for us, but CEO gets giant bonuses for upping the stock price. No raises plus higher benefit costs every year meant I was making less money after 5 years then when I started there. Decreased shift percentage for 2nd and 3rd shift workers. Took away sick days and told us when we HAD to use our vacation (i.e. banking holidays). Took Employees Make a Difference week down to Employees make the difference DAY! I think you get the picture.

You took a Fortune 500 company off the Fortune 500 list. Enough said.

Frustrated. Supervisors that get nothing acomplished. Except to Micro manage.

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fiserv the Company does not have very many pros. Most of the call center people are very nice and come from banking backgrounds

Cons

Products and system updates that are never successful. They impact clients and cause Sev and calls to spike out of control. Negative impact. Supervisors and manager are of no help. Constant 1/2 lunches. Completely understaffed. Constant turnover. Poor management.

The department Manager is completely out of touch with the staff. Never comes out of the office. Sends long emails that absolutely say nothing and are of no help to the department. This manager has had more turnover in the department than previous managers in the past 5 years. The manager does not understand the job that the client rep does. Certain supervisor's in the department have also never done the client rep job and do not know how the systems work. One supervisor just listens to calls and acts like an overgrown cheerleader. The others are clueless

Processor Sr

Former Employee - Processor Senior in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Processor Senior in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I could get dropped off and picked up by friends. It was a job where I could support myself and tune out all the LOUD ghetto old bitter gossiping supposedly grown women that do not need to be employed there at all. They make your company look so bad yet you continue to employ these people. But when someone like myself, who has a background in corporate banking comes along I was totally shut out and was viewed as a threat. I was let go over a BS supposed rule instead of just saying I was not viewed as a good fit because I was not loud and ghetto like my surrounding co-workers. This place is a joke and routinely every year thins the ranks for the dumbest reasons. Should have realized when a manager told me to work very slow when the efficiency expert was coming in to evaluate our daily routine. Guess last hired first fired is very much still active. Such a waste of my time.

Cons

Attitudes, very clique-ish environment, unclear on policies, pay, benefits, over time only exists for the favorite. If you don't kiss up and grovel you are targeted for removal. Hood managers and team leads who could care less about you and your development. If the real world knew how they operated they would be out of business tomorrow.

Be crystal clear on what will and what will not get you fired! And for GOD's sake please write a hard-copy Standard Operations Manual for your employees point of reference that can be used online instead of having to ask managers/leads what to do and having it changing everyday on their whim. Get rid of that stupid card swipe system since you are so techie advanced!

Horrible place to work, the epitome of the dead end job.

Former Employee - IT Professional in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Houston, TX

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There aren't pros to working there.

Cons

Underpaid, understaffed, poor benefits, poor leadership. Many companies value their employees, but not here. It is impossible to succeed, there are no training opportunities and no advancement opportunities. If you sign on here, you will never be promoted, never leave the job you were hired for. The good people (not many left these days) leave because the pay is too low, then they hire a replacement at a higher salary. There is no reason to perform because as long as you are a warm body you get treated like everyone else. (1 or maybe 2 % increases and declining benefits). High performers get zero additional reward, so there is no motivation. Upper level management is arrogant and ignorant. A very dysfunctional company. One good thing, they are profitable (not that it's shared with employees).

Treat your employees using the "Fiserv Values" that you preach. Reward performance, review your pay scales, let your poor performers go. The culture is so bad it would take at least five years to turn things around. Not only have your top employees left, so have your top managers, you have very little left to build on. You cannot get high performers with you poor compensation package, nor can you retain them. Everyone knows there are no advancement opportunities, so people need to leave in order to grow our get properly paid.

Great place to be unnecessarily nickled and dimed tg death

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The department I worked in was very small and pretty socialable group. Manager pretty much gave us free reign to do our jobs in peace

Cons

Corporate policies are designed to drive you to distraction. I was told during my first review by my manager that he considered me to be a top-level employee and that I would be receiving 2% raise. What he neglected to tell me was that Fiserv would be pro-rating that 2% by 2/3 because I had only been with the company for 4 months. So when all was said and done I got a whopping 10 cents.

Get some people in HR who know what they are doing. Every encounter I ever had with HR ended in an absolute debacle. You consistently have to follow-up with them and they never seem to have an answer EVER. It is almost as if the people hired to work in HR have no experience at all.

Avoid this place and get a real job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart people across the organization that are passionate about what they do. Thankfully I had the opportunity to meet some of these people. None of them are in account processing though.

Cons

Archaic sales and marketing practices and no room for creative ideas, forward thinking. Dysfunctional leadership in account processing group- little accountability, just about shuffling the deck with the same old same old. Role definitions are unclear. Gossipy middle-aged women sitting in stain grey cubes under dim lights checking the box, contributing very little, praying that longevity at the company will get them through retirement. Stiflingly repressive work environment in Brookfield. I look forward to working for the competition.

None. They don't want advice.