Fiserv Reviews

2.8
1,041 Reviews
Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 72 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 23 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Fortune Most Admired Company.

Current Employee - Managet in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Managet in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Financial performance, opportunity and a transparent approach for customers. Opportunity comes as fast as you can handle it. Well run organization with outstanding solutions.

Cons

Not sexy, but just wait! Lot of moving parts that don't always work great together. Better than any of my previous employers.

Advice to Management

Better communications with all staff on a regular basis.

Join at your own risk - Work as an AS400/Business Analyst resource in Banking here and ruin your career as well as life

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Noida (India)

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A little flexible about your time to come to the office.

Cons

I spent more than 5 years in this organization having thought that it to be a product based company. I used to work in Large bank Division in As400 technology. I must say that this company is almost like hell. The kind of work this company has, is lowest category of work in terms of a product company because the good work is done all by Fiserv Inc and not by Fiserv India. Your technical skills will be ruined if you spend this much time. In the name of product you know nothing.

The kind of strategy fiserv india management has that demoralize the employee, create rifts amongst employees and their managers by nit picking, back biting, conspiring and insidious acts.

The entire management are TCS veterans and have no traits of managers of a product company. You will ruin your personality and demean yourself to hell.

There is an entire circle of veterans there, if you are flattering the management, wishing them twice in day despite being ignored then there is a chance you might flourish in this organization else your life is hell and growth is zero by all means.

The company doesn't have any HR policy and any appraisal policy, it's solely depends upon power center manager (lala). If you are in his good books you will get good hike else screw yourself.

HR is just a dummy and completely driven and controlled by power center top managers. For the same rating two employees will get different hikes; again depends whether you are in good books or not and that difference in the hike is huge.

The kind of environment that has been created in Fiserv India, especially amongst AS400 banking resources that they work like a machines and try to save their job every day. Forget motivation people work in abject fear.

For business analyst work, fiserv claims to have business analysts but they have zero product knowledge. There is no business analyst work in this company and they are merely testers in the name of business analysts.

The factual audit report of Fiserv India says that it has 50% attrition rate per year.

Please don't consider that I am writing this because I was a non performer or a dissatisfied person, this is a bitter truth and you will realize once you work there especially as a AS400/Business Analyst resource in Banking division.

I still regret with great remorse that why I wasted my so much time here and got suffocated for so many years. :( :(

3. Poor work place for all especially for girls

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Other than weekend allowance. No other good thing.

Cons

20 Hrs per working hours still no one appreciate you.
    Management never care about girls safety even on late night working.
    Each time they will give foolish reason for appreciating your efforts.
    No good hike.

Advice to Management

They won't accept any advice.

5. Good for middle and top management, very bad for anyone joining below Manager level

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pune (India)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Will got good time for life, less work stress (if not unlucky to get in one or two of the projects).

Cons

No growth, very bad policies, no standard everything is on the mercy of management. If you are the polisher you grow without any skills, else you will pay to quit.

Advice to Management

Fire them all, they all are spending their pension life here. Taking money for doing nothing and torturing fresh recruits and below manager employees.

Client Services

Current Employee - Product Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting work, but under appreciated. No overtime or weekends. No travel required. Limited work from home days.
    Very good meal plan (but changing).

Cons

Compensation does not reward performance. Company is cheap and excessively greedy. High turnover and limited advancement opportunities. Absolutely no human asset management skills. Middle management usually clueless.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to value your human assets. You talk a good game but the heart is not in it. Staff is tired of hearing how wonderful the company is doing and how much we are a part of it. If this is true, back it up with sharing the financial rewards. STOP the propaganda. This is the 21st century, not the beginning of the 20th century. High performance people would be crazy to work for you.

Worst of the worst financial services company.

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Starting pay rate in most of production departments slightly above minimum wage and unemployment compensation rate.

Cons

No team building nor collaborative operations management. Too much third world military style leadership and punitive management approach.

Advice to Management

Hire 21st century leaders with broad and diverse experiences from forward thinking industries.

Worst indian company

Current Employee - Lead
    Current Employee - Lead

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

1) Great company for cunning and non technical persons.
    2) If you are corrupt and person with no ethics then you will be champion in this organization.
    3) You can grow with politics and flattering.
    4) Great pool of cruel managers who can deliver any worst product.
    5) Heaven for employee with testing background with no technical knowledge.
    6) If you have good relations with managers then do need to work and perform. You will get slaves appointed by managers to server you and you have license to eat their credits.

Cons

1) Low growth for honest and dedicated employee.
    2) If you stay for a long time then your family life will be spoiled due to pressure put by organization.
    3) Appraisal and rating are based on your relations with managers.

Advice to Management

Rename you award and recognition program to managers's choice award.
    Give respect to talent and do not spoil.
    Be fare,stop doing politics.
    Do not eat credits of good work of talented employees.

If you have a desire to grow professionally and have an enjoyable and profitable career, then do not work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New facility
    On site cafeteria
    PTO policy was pretty good

Cons

Pay was a joke. Management was a joke. Company is a joke. I would not refer my worst enemy. Looking back, I am disappointed in myself that I wasted three years of my life working here. Here is my story... I started at entry level as an inbound phones associate and exceeded my goals each and every month. I achieved the highest performance rating for 14 consecutive months, before finally receiving a "promotion", although my pay and job responsibilities hardly changed. Just four months later, I was presented with an opportunity to do something that I really enjoyed (I will not provide my job title). When I started in this new role, I was initially told that it would be a 90 assignment, at which then my performance and business needs would be evaluated and they would then determine whether to keep me in this position permanently. Well, I very much enjoyed my job responsibilities so I did the absolute best that I could each and every day. After the 90 days, instead of presenting me with an offer for a permanent position and paying me appropriately, they gave me another 90 day extension period. After those 90 days, I received another 90 day extension, still no pay increase. Finally, after 16 months of being in this role, they presented me with an offer to transition to salary and make me 'official', however, there was no pay increase with this transition. After another six months of misery, I was offered a jaw dropping (in a bad way) 2% pay increase. My job responsibilities was very unique and took a very special set of skills to accomplish, yet they refused to fairly compensate me after I demanded a pay increase. After almost four years and two promotions, I was still making peanuts and was completely miserable.

Advice to Management

My advice to management: Find yourself a new job.

Toxic in Bank Solutions

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

None.. Honestly. The minute I walked in the door, I received the coldest reception from my co-workers. I still can't get over how impersonal and rude they were.

Cons

Worked for a person that could not, even on a good day, get along with other lines of business. Constantly complained about her peers (all senior level). Was known around the co as someone to avoid. Could not collaborate, say thank you...nothing. The classic case of promoting someone because of tenor and not for true management skills. Oh, and the HR dept....I was asked by the senior Bank Solutions HR person to share information about someone that I worked with on a project (and way above me in hierarchy) because she was in the process of reevaluating leadership roles at the top of the business line. I did not answer her. Was shocked she'd ask me that, and more shocked that she would share such sensitive information with me or anyone. Just a completely unprofessional group of mediocrity.

Stay away! Terrible employment experience

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst (Computer Systems Analyst) in Troy, MI

I worked at Fiserv full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some good restaurants in the neighborhood

Cons

Lack of management --You may see a manager once per month if they feel like approaching you.

Most unfriendly people I've ever met -- "Here, read this" were the only words spoken to me for the first 3 days of my employment. Co-workers did not greet me, did not explain my job to me.

Misleading job description -- At Fiserv "Systems Analyst" = "glorified help desk". Was never told in advance that I would have phone shifts taking end-user help desk calls.

Treat workers like prisoners -- VERY RIGID schedules. Not able to use cell phones at work...really?

Terrible pay rates. Company doesn't hire direct, but uses out of state contract houses that don't know what is going on. Contractors not treated "on par" with employees in any aspect of the business.

Advice to Management

Invest some time in getting to know your people. Assign work according to appropriate job experience.