Fiserv

Updated December 20, 2014
2.6

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 72 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 23 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

Growth Depend Upon project.

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Time Flexibility
     Good Work place

Cons

Lack of Technology(depend upon project)
    Low Hike

A Lost Leader

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Terrific legacy technology. Invented the managed account accounting industry and had gained close to a 90% market share. Part a $5 billion company with strong growth and a great stock value.

Cons

Unfortunately, over the course of time, the former Security APL group sat back on its size and prominence and failed to reinvest and innovate. Competition popped up with better more nimble technology and a different view of the industry and depleted the groups market share. New sales became next to impossible, due to an antiquated pricing methodology and lack of product vision. The move from Jersey City to Warren NJ was absolutely a culture change that hinders client interaction with large organizations in NYC. Morale is at an all time low and employees don't trust the decisions of the Leadership team. They have opted to increase profits to corporate by decreasing investment in the division, causing infighting, silo's and people generally feeling like they are not appreciated.

Change your philosophy. Accept that you are not longer the industry leader and regain the hunger that you once had. take your clients criticism seriously and begin to operate from an offensive position instead of consistently playing defense. Get in front of your clients, listen to their issues, change and correct what is wrong using methods that work. Not the same methods that clients criticize annually because of failure to deliver and failure to understand the root cause of the issues that they raise. The industry has changed and is moving and changing rapidly, you're already behind the curve, correct course and begin to rebuild your business. There is no silver bullet, its hard work and hard decisions that will help you turn the corner.

Good Company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Helpful colleagues, nice environment, too much to learn

Cons

insurance plans need to work on.

doing well, need more technical aspects

Good organisation with great work culture

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Great work culture, flexibility, increments

Cons

Few onsite opportunities. No other cons as such.

Very Good Company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in India, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in India, TX

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Very Good Company to wrok

Cons

Need more technical work, thats it

Doing good

Frustrating, unfulfilling, inflexible, stressful, and dead end are terms that describe this experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Most co-workers are great people. This is about the only good balancer.

Cons

Management is inflexible and sometimes unreasonable. Bad work to life balance. Too many silos. Undercompensated.

Listen! Be more flexible with working hours and environment. Pay people what they are worth.

Employee for 5+years

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very good benefits, friendly working environment

Cons

Pay raises are minimal, not much room for advancemen

Just A Job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Fiserv

Pros

Company subsidized cafeteria, free soft drinks , casual dress code & frequent visits from great food trucks in the area.

Cons

Adequate training period but terrible follow up with newer employees. Hard to get answers to even simple questions. Little to no communication between supervisors and employees except
    occasional one-on-one time.

Need to do less micromanaging of stats and take a class or 2 on communication with your employees.

Always watch your back

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Well it is a check and they do have insurance and some of the people you work with are decent. At least the stock is doing well

Cons

Wow where do I start? If Fiserv buys your company update your resume and get it out there because the chances are they will slice it up and send jobs to other plants and you will be out on the street. The plants they sent the work to did not fully understand what was supposed to happen and they ended up losing customers. After they laid me off I got a call from another Fiserv branch but they told me I would have to take a cut in pay from what I was making. All they care about is the bottom line. They are a big fish in a big pond but when they come out with new software the customers groan because it wont work with their other software. Upper management doesn’t care about the lower employees and just want to impress each other. One time I had to do training for 50 employees but some mucky mucks from HQ came that day and a SVP grabbed the projector just in case he had to do a presentation. You cant leave anything out on your desk at night or someone will steal it.

Stop forgetting about the people who put you where you are

Way too many middle and upper management

Former Employee - Senior Software Development
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The workers, not the upper management

Cons

No raises for several years, employee appreciation day ends up being paid for by the people in each office.
    Benefits are ridiculous and too expensive, could not afford their health insurance
    Way way too many VP's,
    reduction in force, way too many times. No upper management gets affected by this just workers and first line managers
    Pretend to care about what we think, but their surveys only gave you certain options and the topics they knew we would not bash. FAKE!

Get rid of useless upper management and their redicuolous salaries, and you could keep 1/2 the teams you just laid off!!!