Fiserv Reviews

2.6
1,009 Reviews

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • Good work/life balance makes you tolerate more than you would at another place (in 54 reviews)

• They allowed us to work from home (not sure if that is the case) (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 18 reviews)

• Very silo-ed work business units cause unnecessary red tape (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Quiet Consolidator

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Local platform team flexible
    Values consistency
    Great vacation (if you survive layoffs long enough to benefit)

Cons

Weak benefits
    Below market pay
    Regular corporate layoffs to consolidate businesses
    Little career growth opportunity
    Off-shoring history

Corporate intervention need not be for minutia. Local decisions have value. Don't announce philosophical objection to merging platforms to clients and staff, then slowly merge them anyway. Could be worse, but transparent management chain would make apparent flip-flop decisions make more sense.

FISERV is a very good company to work for. Excellent employer!!

Former Employee - Internal Network Support (INS)  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Internal Network Support (INS) in Troy, MI

I worked at Fiserv full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are the contributing factor. Very helpful and have a family like atmosphere.

Cons

I can't think of very many except, that there should be more opportunities to move up in the company. Very little opportunity to get promoted.

Management is a very competent team. They are doing an excellent job.

Competitive place to work that rewards effort and success.

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company strives to be the best of breed in its industry. I have personally made a career over many years at Fiserv even though the banking industry that we servs has struggled mightily from time to time. Fiserv believes that there is always a way to meet client needs and it looks for good people that have passion and get satisfaction in meeting them.

Cons

If you like don't like change, this is not the place to be. Fiserv is continually working to remake its culture in the face of multiple acquisitions.

invest heavily in an integrated suite of innovative products.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

C levels without a clue

Former Employee - BA & Client Relationship Management  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - BA & Client Relationship Management in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer free bagels every other Friday

Cons

Undelivered pay increases & bonuses, they promise but dont deliver.

C levels who can't run reports & have no idea how systems work. You'll often find yourself doing their job.

Managers who provide no training or direction to new employees, they often have to seek out help from peers.

Weekly IT meetings are screaming matches between developers

I have worked here for years and am very un happy at where I stand in the company.

Current Employee - Technical IT Professional
    Current Employee - Technical IT Professional

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is alright and there are average benefits

Cons

NO promotions whatsoever. People are terrible at communicating

Its so terrible I don't know how to give any advice

This place is ran by a bunch of people who have not one clue (former teachers and truck drivers trying to manage MBA's)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home (remote)
    Flexible Schedule
    Paid the Bills, but that wasn't enough to keep me tolerating the dysfunctional environment

Cons

Everything else.
    Managers can be belligerent and no one seems to care
    Change processes (that don't work) every other month to processes that continue to not work
    BU and other entities don't seem to talk to each other (get on same page)
    Projects don't have a beginning and an end.. they go on and on (people quit every other day). HIGH TURNOVER!..

Get a entirely new Sr. management team..People keep leaving for a reason... THE TURNOVER IS REALLY HIGH.. look at the management.. It can't be all of those people leaving regularly. Hardly anyone has been there over a year!

Great company to work for

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, people, culture, work-life balance, benefits

Cons

Very large company with many products. Can take some time navigating through everything.

Not the best

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hire younger people, nice workspaces

Cons

Low salaries, stressful work, unnecessary middle management

Horrible treatment of contractors

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Interviews were structured and encouraging

Cons

Fiserv contracted me and several others to run Tandem/Unix support for multiple shifts. Our training was very structured and the lead technician was very professional. Once training was over and our shifts were established, all that changed.

The shifts we were told we'd get were not the same once we started working. I was told in the interview I'd be getting 2nd shift Monday thru Friday. Instead, I was stuck with the graveyard shift which ran through the weekends. Since I was on lay staff at my church, I politely asked if this could be changed. I didn't make a big issue out of it; just respectfully inquired

The woman who took over as our team lead (and who was responsible for our shifts) openly criticized me in front of my co-workers. She made it seem like I was a drag on the team, and insinuated I was some kind of religious nut. I went ahead and performed the graveyard shift, because I didn't want to stir up any trouble.

Adjusting to this shift was not easy since it my first overnight work. While I performed my tasks flawlessly (some of which involved hourly batch processes) I did have to get up and walk around a bit on my breaks, so I could stay awake.

The following Monday, after my shift, I got a call from my recruiter about "suspicious behavior". Apparently, this manager told them my walking around in this manner was "highly suspicious" and that I "didn't have enough to do". I cleared up this misconception with my recruiter, letting them know that I was simply trying to stay awake. All my work had been timely and I had tracked all potential security issues during my shift. Regardless, the recruiter told me to be careful, since I was all of a sudden on thin ice with the company.

I realized pretty quickly this woman had it out for me, based whole church comment. She decided to punish me my assigning me to assist another night guy run cable. This put me in an even more compromising position, since I had hourly tasks to perform on the Tandem server. All this time, this women never spoke to me directly about it. Not once. It was almost as if she was afraid to talk to the very people she hired.

In speaking with others, I learned that her department had an alarming amount of turnover since she was moved into that position. People would be working there one day, and then mysteriously disappear a week later. I recall once instance where a computer operator developed an allergic reaction to her co-worker's cologne (almost to the point of breaking out in hives). Instead of moving her to a different location, they simply fired her.

My last week there, I alerted the staff to a server that had gone down. It was a pretty severe issue, and we all had to get on a conference call about it. Two hours later, the issue had been resolved. The senior manager (over the female manager who didn't like me) even personally thanked me for spotting the issue in time.

The following Tuesday, I get another call from my recruiter. Guess what? Fiserv had ENDED my assignment. This time, they claimed I was "destroying files" and "banging my head against the wall".

There was not an ounce of truth to what she said. She didn't even bother to look for an excuse; she just made something up. If I hadn't been able to secure a job soon after, I'm pretty sure I would have filed a wrongful termination suit. The staffing agency agreed this was wrong, and even mentioned they were about to stop doing business with Fiserv.

I later found out they let go of the other people on my team as well. Probably the same B.S. as I went through. I question this company's appointment of management and overall ethics. I would encourage anyone looking to work at Fiserv to seriously consider what they are getting into. This company does NOT have your best interests in mind.

Appoint people with proven leadership skills, rather than going by the buddy system. Communicate with contractors as well as full-time staff. After all, they're carrying the bulk of the load. Get some ethics, for God's sake.

Don't get sick

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Not, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Not, MO

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cons

Went on FMLA was promptly fired. Don't get sick or say that you have any health issues. Doesn't matter. They will fire you. Currently shopping for attorney and researching assets of former boss.

If there is a skip trace and asset research or lien put on your personal property, its because someone is starting lawsuit for EEOE violations.

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!