Fishbowl Inventory
www.fishbowlinventory.com Orem, UT 50 to 149 Employees

Fishbowl Inventory Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

David Williams

Fishbowl is a company that trusts its employees, encourages creativity, and gives back to the community.

Orem, UT

ProsI love the flexible hours. You can work whenever you want as long as you get in 40 hours a week. It may not be that way in every department, such as customer service, but as far as I know the company is extremely flexible and lenient.

Managers don't micromanage or have lots of red tape in the way of starting projects. They like ideas and they don't mind honest feedback. Even when I tell the president that something she has done needs fixing, she doesn't get angry, but listens and makes changes. It's rare to see such humility.

The company is family-friendly and makes efforts to allow parents to spend more time with their children and spouses. The employees are generally quite friendly, and there is an atmosphere of fun and good humor around the office.

The paid time off and health and dental insurance offered to employees are pretty generous.

ConsThere are some entrenched ideas that can be hard to overcome. Some departments seem to foster animosity for others, sometimes resulting in breakdowns of communication at times, but nothing so serious that they can't be solved over time. It's a small business, so don't expect all the perks of working at a big company, such as extremely high pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a good job respecting employees and trying to be helpful. Mostly, they tend to stay out of the way and let employees do their thing. Fishbowl is probably the most trusting and open to employee feedback of any organization I have ever worked at. I don't know if I have any concrete advice because they're already doing the most important things right.

Good People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe is a very laid back place to work in most cases. The majority of the jobs are support positions that are entry level. They are very laid back.

ConsThere are a few insane and manipulative people management who cannot be trusted.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the core competency of the company, which is software development, don't get distracted by uninformed and manipulative people.

Great Company

Orem, UT

ProsLaid back, fun place to work. Low micro-management, bosses expect employees to get the job done. Gives a lot of room for fun during breaks and lunches.

ConsNot perfect. Fishbowl has to cut programs/benefits sometimes. Only one ping-pong table, it is often occupied. Human resources is lacking, they have switched between 2 systems within the last 10 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and deliver what they need.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company. Development is tough

Orem, UT

ProsVery nice people. Like the ownership of the company.

ConsDepartment to department communication is tough. Some of the development management is difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all the VPs have the respect of most of the employees

Best place I've worked to date.

Orem, UT

ProsCulture and environment are fun and relaxed. Get your work done and you can play a bit. Very flexible with time off needs/ hours. Friendly people, a lot of support, open-door policy.

ConsCompensation system is complex and based too much on commissions, especially for non-revenue generating positions. Raises are mostly based off commission, which can actually be a pro in some cases, but the commission structure is extremely complex and hard to understand. On good sales months everyone benefits which is good but hard to directly affect from non-revenue generating positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the trust in management has been lost. Some management has a hard time with the fun culture and falls back "this is how we always did it" despite evidence that the culture is working.

Worked for Fishbowl Inventory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fishbowl Inventory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fishbowl Inventory CEO David Williams. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Fishbowl Inventory employees.