Fishbowl Marketing
www.fishbowl.com Alexandria, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Fishbowl Marketing Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014

Scott Shaw

Best company I've ever worked for

Local Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat culture, management cares about the employees, CEO Scott Shaw is very approachable and down to earth, team happy hours, flip-flop dress code, great views from the huge balcony of DC & National harbor, multiple options for public transportation

Conscan't really think of any. I've worked for a number of other companies that have been OK to work for, but Fishbowl is head and shoulders above them.

Advice to Senior Managemente-mail platform needs to be updated...very antiquated when compared to competitors

Great People

I worked at Fishbowl Marketing full-time

ProsLoved the people, company culture and atmosphere. Everyone is really friendly and hard-working. Great corporate culture.

ConsSalaries too low, jobs can be tedious.

An interesting tech company doing great work, but one who hasn't quite figured out how to invest in its people.

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing

ProsTeam-oriented. Casual work environment. Everyone (senior management included) is on a first-name basis.

ConsBenefits are sold as being top-notch, but in comparison to other companies are rather lackluster.

Fishbowl is the best to work- Period!

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsThis place is a rare gem. It's hard to believe, that in the DC area, you can work somewhere that's so cool. The office is incredible with balconies all over the place with views of DC and this crazy comfortable balcony furniture but its super casual too. I don't think I have ever seen anyone wear a suit and I love wearing my jeans and flip flops everyday. This stuff is cool but what's better is the people, the amount of promotions that happen all the time and that my manager really works with me to grow my career.

Not to mention parties, happy hours, ice cream socials and just fun stuff happening all the time!

It's been almost a year now and I love it.

ConsI don't drive and the metro stop is about a mile away. There's a free shuttle but I wish I could walk.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you. Scott- I love that you still conduct orientation and talk to everyone.

Laid back environment, limited paths for advancement, high turnover

I worked at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe atmosphere is relaxed; CEO is incredibly nice and promotes a friendly environment

ConsYou may end up being over-burdened by your workload depending upon your department; it seems there is little thought in advancing most employees, more like moving them around and calling it a promotion; other department heads do not follow the CEO's lead in promoting a friendly environment; seems likely the company will be acquired by a larger competitor in the near future

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on providing clear career paths and promoting from within to take full advantage of your dedicated workforce

Flag Review

Fishbowl Marketing Director of Talent responded to this review

Oct 21, 2013

Thank you for your years of contribution to the Fishbowl team and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Feedback like yours helps us recognize opportunities to improve our communication to our ... More

Intense yet lucrative

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsLearn so much at an entry level position and given a ton of actual responsibility.
Work directly with clients and/or their marketing agencies
Great staff and good focus on company morale in general

ConsWork load for the marketing team is not always evenly dispersed. Account executives were given as many as 20 or more clients each and coordinators sometimes managed projects for 2 AE's giving them around 40 clients to manage projects for. Stress level can become overwhelming at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have tremendous talent within the company. Wages should reflect that more.

Good company with great people.

I worked at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for more than a year

Prosalways interesting, work with a great team

Consworking for a marketing company does mean that the focus is on delivering the numbers

Culture rules plus I have life balance

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsIn services I was used to working around the clock but not anymore. I never had balance until now. This place actually give you a manageable client load and reasonable expectations. Imagine that? I was used to all night push to get client work out and every weekend check my email all the time at agencies in town.

The CEO conducted my orientation and stopped by to personally welcome me. This place has heart.

ConsThis is the first place I have had to track my time for client work. It blows. They are launching a new system and I am hoping its easier. I know we have to bill clients but all the stopping and starting the clock is not my fav.

Advice to Senior ManagementScott Shaw- you are cool.

This place is great!

Tech Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsSmart and dedicated people work here but even better the people are really nice. I have met new friends and the company is really growing. The office is super casual and there is a lot of people who have been promoted.

My friend referred me and I got to say that I was skeptical because he really had nothing negative to say and there is a big referral bonus. I am really glad I came.

ConsTraining can be a bit disorganized but everyone answered my questions. The metro is about a mile away and the free shuttle stops running at 7 pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Looks good on surface but look deeper...

Professional Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsNice location, fun coworkers and very nice CEO are pluses.

ConsLots of changes without much thought of how it impacts employees. HR only interested in what's best for the company, not there for the rest of us which is not what I was led to believe. Lots of hype from the interview has led to a different reality from day to day work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of turnover should be a signal to pay more attention to employee satisfaction. Poor career paths except for select favoritism.

Worked for Fishbowl Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Fishbowl Marketing – Why Work for Us?

Fishbowl provides the restaurant industry’s only comprehensive smart marketing platform, guest 360, which helps clients maximize sales through integrated software and services. The company serves overs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fishbowl Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fishbowl Marketing CEO Scott Shaw. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Fishbowl Marketing employees.