Fisher Auto Parts

Updated June 11, 2014
Updated June 11, 2014
2.6

Bo Fisher III

Good company to work for, like a big family

I worked at Fisher Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company really is like a big family. Fast growing company. Treats employees well. Fisher compensates fairly well. CEO is easy to get in touch with.

Cons

What should be mundane decisions or administrative procedures should be handled at much lower management level rather than running through corporate executive level

Some good, some bad.

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES

I have been working at Fisher Auto Parts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great hours if you don't want to be working until 10pm, customers are like family and you end up developing great relationships with them.

Cons

I'm counter sales, I'm constantly left in the store alone to run it while the store manager is out doing my job. The pay is not competitive to my area although it says right in the handbook they strive to stay competitive. No advancement opportunities, they almost always hire from the outside. Don't trust anyone in the company, they WILL throw you under the bus if they don't like something you do. All in all I can not recommend working for this company.

I gave 5 years of my life to this company an had planned on this being my career. However I was offered a job doing less work for more money by a competitor and the district manager wouldn't match it because of hearsay, stating I wasn't a "team player" when I constantly outsold both the store manager and outside sales rep. It's kind of hard to be a team player when all the rest of your team does is watch YouTube and TV all day. Without the people that run this company day to day an take care of the customers, you wouldn't have a company.

Can't believe how I was treated

I worked at Fisher Auto Parts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of the few auto parts stores left that don't expect you to work 8am-10pm every day. Deals mostly with the professional installer.

Cons

No loyalty. No room for advancement. Hires from outside rather than promoting from within. Poor communication. After many years of faithful service, I had to leave after having my pay cut without notice or explanation. This, after I took on more responsibility in a failing store while the store manager was out on medical leave. They quickly replaced me with a green employee making less money which has become a pattern since they have grown.

Take care of the people who take care of you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

small company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Avon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

I worked at Fisher Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not bad for a small family owned company. Being in the auto parts business, there was confidence in te job being there for a long time.

Cons

Steady work and over time available regularly even if you did not want it. No opportunity for growth since all of the high management jobs are held by family members. Ate all of the small auto parts stores to become bigger.

Do not advance employees based on seniority or last name.

Bad place to work!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Fisher Auto Parts

Pros

Unless your starving look elsewhere.

Cons

Low wage, long hours and no way to advance

Management should pay more attention to the talented people they employ.
    They stores have no rook to advance employees up the ladder.

Great Family Business!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Staunton, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Staunton, VA

I have been working at Fisher Auto Parts

Pros

Job is easy. Company gives excellent tools to do your job. As long as you follow their outline for business then their formula will make you successful. Service is the key. This company services customers better than any in this industry.

Cons

Conflicting messages to stores about expense control, versus margin, versus making the sale at any cost. All three are important. But navigating the balance is very vague for inexperienced employees.

Better balance in preaching the messages of controlling expenses and earning margins. Store managers need to constantly hear that sales, and more sales will cure all of those percentages that are expected to be managed at certain levels.

Neutral, neither extremely positive or negative

I have been working at Fisher Auto Parts

Pros

Large number of locations to work from.

Cons

Minimal benefits, expensive for coverage provided on medical. Lack of opportunity for advancement. Company prefers to hire from outside for management and sales positions rather than to look within.

Worked for Fisher Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!