Fisher Auto Parts

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bo Fisher III

Good company to work for, like a big family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany really is like a big family. Fast growing company. Treats employees well. Fisher compensates fairly well. CEO is easy to get in touch with.

ConsWhat should be mundane decisions or administrative procedures should be handled at much lower management level rather than running through corporate executive level

Some good, some bad.

COUNTER SALES (Current Employee)

ProsGreat hours if you don't want to be working until 10pm, customers are like family and you end up developing great relationships with them.

ConsI'm counter sales, I'm constantly left in the store alone to run it while the store manager is out doing my job. The pay is not competitive to my area although it says right in the handbook they strive to stay competitive. No advancement opportunities, they almost always hire from the outside. Don't trust anyone in the company, they WILL throw you under the bus if they don't like something you do. All in all I can not recommend working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI gave 5 years of my life to this company an had planned on this being my career. However I was offered a job doing less work for more money by a competitor and the district manager wouldn't match it because of hearsay, stating I wasn't a "team player" when I constantly outsold both the store manager and outside sales rep. It's kind of hard to be a team player when all the rest of your team does is watch YouTube and TV all day. Without the people that run this company day to day an take care of the customers, you wouldn't have a company.

Can't believe how I was treated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the few auto parts stores left that don't expect you to work 8am-10pm every day. Deals mostly with the professional installer.

ConsNo loyalty. No room for advancement. Hires from outside rather than promoting from within. Poor communication. After many years of faithful service, I had to leave after having my pay cut without notice or explanation. This, after I took on more responsibility in a failing store while the store manager was out on medical leave. They quickly replaced me with a green employee making less money which has become a pattern since they have grown.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people who take care of you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

small company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Avon, OH

ProsNot bad for a small family owned company. Being in the auto parts business, there was confidence in te job being there for a long time.

ConsSteady work and over time available regularly even if you did not want it. No opportunity for growth since all of the high management jobs are held by family members. Ate all of the small auto parts stores to become bigger.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not advance employees based on seniority or last name.

Bad place to work!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsUnless your starving look elsewhere.

ConsLow wage, long hours and no way to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should pay more attention to the talented people they employ.
    They stores have no rook to advance employees up the ladder.

Great Family Business!

Manager (Current Employee) Staunton, VA

ProsJob is easy. Company gives excellent tools to do your job. As long as you follow their outline for business then their formula will make you successful. Service is the key. This company services customers better than any in this industry.

ConsConflicting messages to stores about expense control, versus margin, versus making the sale at any cost. All three are important. But navigating the balance is very vague for inexperienced employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter balance in preaching the messages of controlling expenses and earning margins. Store managers need to constantly hear that sales, and more sales will cure all of those percentages that are expected to be managed at certain levels.

Neutral, neither extremely positive or negative

ProsLarge number of locations to work from.

ConsMinimal benefits, expensive for coverage provided on medical. Lack of opportunity for advancement. Company prefers to hire from outside for management and sales positions rather than to look within.

Worked for Fisher Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!