Fisher Investments

Fisher Investments Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Fisher Investments Founder, Chairman and CEO Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher

Pros:
  • "My experience is that Fisher Investments has very competitive pay and benefits if not better to other money management type of companies"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Learn a lot about sales, useful later on in different areas of employment"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Tell in offer letter it will be 45k based on 10 hour work week but end up paying you 41k if you work the 10 hours a day"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Employees who aren't interested in money management or a competitive workplace may burn out"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to start your career

Camas, WA

ProsThe pay straight out of college is very competitive for the area. If you are willing to work hard, you get a lot of experience very quickly, and there is a lot of opportunity to try different jobs in different areas of the company. Some of the managers are really great, and I know right now they're putting a lot of effort into revamping training throughout the firm.

ConsThey've been going through some growing pains in the last few years. They expanded very quickly, and are still trying to figure out how to catch up with the additional needs of a bigger company. This means a lot of trial and error in terms of both new positions and entirely new departments. While it can be exciting, it can also be unsettling and just plain frustrating when they get it wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between departments, and more cross training to help employees understand how their job fits into the big picture and affects other teams. Most of the problems between departments come down, essentially, to a simple lack of understanding.

A great place to start a career, but then need to move on

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive culture - good probability of making some great money and upward mobility. Great place to build a network that can/will be helpful down the road.

ConsThe cultue is lack luster - not for the faint of heart, you need think skin to survive

Dehumanizing corporation-Individuals are without hesitation- completely irreplaceable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNon- authority colleagues are fantastic. Benefits and increased PTO/Sick time for all employees is a major plus.

ConsYou are continuously a robot working for a machine- no matter what position you uphold. All employees are held to a fear based driven sense of moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the majority of the "old school" management style but make an effort to modernize it to our current decade. Treat your employees as people not seat numbers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable, Good People, Not Exciting

Investment Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is truly interested in hiring good people and developing them to grow within the company. Pay is decent, benefits are very very good.

ConsStale work environment, over specialization of work makes many days extremely repetitive.

Decent place to work

San Mateo, CA

ProsBenefits are outstanding. Great people and atmosphere. Senior mgmt. are available and proactive.

ConsPay is mediocre for the industry. Pay disparity between tenured employees and new hires is atrocious. Feels like an assembly line at times.

Miserable and Micromanaged

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Camas, WA

ProsDecent salary and bonus structure. Young environment, most people are well under 30.

ConsThey lure you in by not offering much information about position. You will learn no marketable skills, and work with people who all hate their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say make an effort to keep people around, but I think that is against the business model.

Competitive atmosphere, definite meritocracy

Investment Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGreat 401K plan, great benefits. Pay is decent. Camaraderie amongst employees is a huge plus.

ConsFear-based atmosphere, some consider low key, biased discretionary bonuses based on favoritism, tough culture

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect

I love my job

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Camas, WA

ProsIn my role at the firm, I'm learning a lot. I was hired in without a lot of technical skill, and my boss has given me time to explore and fail.

ConsMy role as an analyst is different from many other roles at the firm. The pay is good, but certain jobs like being a CSA do not sound appealing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of the stress level of your employees.

Fast paced, merit based, and good work/life balance

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Woodside, CA

Pros- Excellent training and support in a fast paced environment.
    - Positive camaraderie among senior management.
    - Good environment for people who are critical thinkers and believe in improving the process.
    - Better than average compensation (prob 90% percentile) and excellent benefits.

Cons- Limited work hours, sometimes it could be good to work longer hours to stay ahead.
    - Corporate offices are located 25 miles south of San Francisco, would be nice if they opened one in San Francisco.

Tough starting position but with good career outlook

Pros-Fast growing company.
    -Good compensation
    -Great people.

Cons-Standard 50 hour work weeks.
    -High stress entry level positions.
    -Sales staff is very tough to work with.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fisher Investments Videos

Fisher Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fisher Investments is not your typical financial services company. We consider ourselves industry pioneers and pride ourselves in our specialized business model and innovative approach. We believe this creates value for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fisher Investments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fisher Investments CEO Ken Fisher. All 186 reviews posted anonymously by Fisher Investments employees.