Fisher-Price

Updated May 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bryan Stockton

great experience lots of positives

Director (Former Employee) East Aurora, NY

Prosgreat salary, good benefits, great team

Constransitioning to a more mattel oriented position

Advice to Senior Managementbe more innovative

Good resources. Big company. Lots of red tape

ProsGood benefits, interesting projects, travel, good cross functional teams

ConsToo big of a company. Inpersonal

Great Company, but becoming too corporate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) East Aurora, NY

ProsPeople are great and genuinely care about each other
    Benefits and time off
    Half Day Fridays
    Employees really do care about making great toys

ConsThe atmosphere has really changed in the last 5 years. Fisher Price use to be a huge company with a local feel and now it's being over run by corporate greed and policies. Corporate direction is focused on share holders not the children anymore. There are layoffs at least once and year and no one feels like their job is safe regardless of their performance.
    Very limited opportunity for advancement and those that have advanced have been fired or demoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle and Upper Management is in the same position as all other employees, watching jobs get cut or moved to Asia wondering if they are next.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshalf day fridays, thats it...

Conshorrible management, not allowed to have an opinion, lay-offs, declining market

Advice to Senior ManagementFire management and become a flatter organization

Fantastic vibrant atmosphere

MBA Marketing Intern (Current Employee) East Aurora, NY

ProsIt was a wonderful experience and a great lively atmosphere. It's definitely a great place for a creative mind. It's very fast pace and the staff are very friendly.

ConsNot easy to gain full time employment

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp those interns that perform well to find full time employment with the company.

A great place to work in Western New York"

Manager (Current Employee) East Aurora, NY

ProsFantastic benefits, great work-life balance, and a wonderful brand to be associated with. Some really fantastic and talented marketers, designers and engineers.

ConsSalaries are only competitive by Western New York standards. If you want to move up or make more, you have to move to Mattel HQ in El Segundo, CA. There is an entrenched middle management layer that has grown comfortable with mediocre salaries due to WNY's low cost of living.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the striking disparity in the diversity of the workforces in East Aurora (which is relatively homogeneous) and El Segundo (marvelously diverse).

Amazing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work overall in every aspect.

ConsNo cons from my point of view.

Mechanical Engineering Co-op

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people, fun environment, get to play with toys

ConsSometimes the workload was a little heavy

Advice to Senior ManagementNot too much in particular

A really great company to work for!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexibility and work life balance.

ConsPlenty of travel that I really enjoyed though.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and share ideas with other districts!

Best job I've ever had

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) East Aurora, NY

ProsGreat people at all levels, employees treated well, generous vacation and benefits, opportunities to share ideas and contribute to products, half day Fridays all year, on-site cafeteria and gym, opportunities for bonuses, profit sharing, etc.

ConsPerpetually a little short-staffed in the production positions. Fast company changes mandated by Mattel can catch you off guard. Company is a little tight-fisted when it comes to upgrades and investing in employees. A lot of money spent with expensive ad agencies that aren't effective. I wish more money was allocated internally on kick-ass facilities and equipment.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest internally where you are currently seeing promising results (in spite of shoestring budgets), for even better results.

Worked for Fisher-Price? Contribute to the Community!