Fitbit Reviews

If Your Boss is a JERK, Oh WELL

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Free food, fun folks, nice offices, some nice peeps.

Cons

There is rampant favoritism and if your boss does't like you, too damn bad. They boarder on abusive and that's just the way it is. If you and your boss get along well, great! If not start looking because they will make your life miserable. Too many snotty, entitled millennials. Grow up kids! Oh, they have sold bulk orders to Monsanto. Help them get healthier while they kill us, great!

Advice to Management

Please listen to the staff when you do polls that are anonymous. There is some very interesting information there, for those brave enough to write the truth.

painful

I have been working at Fitbit full-time

Pros

exciting energetic company with good diversity

Cons

huge growth recently which effects culture and leads to more roles and responsibility confusion. unbaked processes and lots and lots of politics. sad for a company that is relatively small (or used to be). lots of politics.

Advice to Management

organize, and listen to people, not just the people who don't stop talking.

Great Company, Great People

I worked at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Great work environment, awesome people to work with, tons of opportunity to branch out.

Cons

Heavy workload with long hours, processes were not yet developed and were hard to improve upon due to resistance from certain players.

Advice to Management

Remember this company was built on the hard work of great people, so continue to give them incentives to stay and continue to grow with the company past IPO, once you get there.

Great culture, huge opportunity

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hypergrowth company, leader in an extremely hot space. Employees are engaged and passionate. People are very friendly. Company has done an amazing job of executing, leading to very high market share (over 60%). High growth means lots of opportunities to grow, learn and participate in all kinds of neat projects.

Cons

High growth companies aren't for everyone. Things are always changing (that's the nature of young, fast-growing companies). Fast pace of hiring could make it challenging to retain the culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to execute, don't let the culture dissipate as the company grows.

Unhappy stepping

Former Employee - Senior Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top management is accessible, kinda. Good breakfast and weekend HH (weekend lunches used to be good, nof anymore). Growing brand will get you lot of attention in outside world.

Cons

Unskilled management across the board Mktg/Hardware/Sply Chain/Finance/Cust Support. No dearth of dictators and micro-managers here. Individual contributors certainly have little voice and are generally scared to voice opinions - therefore many yes men/women. Lot of cross-departmental stress/politics and team shifts are not encouraged (and managers will not not keep your discreet reqiests a secret). Management is generally all bells-n-whistles, and with impractical expectations. Ambitious subordinates, many of whom have never worked in a real company before, will use every opportunity to stab you in the back. Suck up or shut up and be prepared to face heat if you don't like no for an answer.

Advice to Management

Come out of the bubble if you really want company growth.

Excellent, fast paced company with passionate and friendly environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit

Pros

Developers get to impact the company in a meaningful way, without having to jump through hoops or work through politics. Very friendly environment and culture with a healthy work-life balance, and the company is still moving very fast. Exciting growth in an industry that is a positive influence in in the world.

Cons

The company is growing very fast, which puts company culture at risk

Advice to Management

Continue to improve communication of product vision and company direction

Never Again....

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit

Pros

The product is SO cool! Their are a handful of people that are wonderful, and the research team kicks serious butt! The office is nice, and their is some fun swag, free lunches and happy hours. Lunch provided could be healthier but, its still super duper.

Cons

I do not know where to begin. But, having now experienced some time in a new position in another company/start up - I can truly say this place is FAR from a normal work place. This place tore me apart for life. The customer support management was SO unkind, it was harassment. Nothing was ever taken seriously, and their were other people on the team that were so mean due to the constant bullying from upper management and onto other people. It took everything in my power to come there every day. I couldn't believe I was in a work environment that was this stressful. Not due to the work load, but the people! This place needs some help, and people need to learn to be professional and normal in the work place. I have continuously told others never to apply there and will forever be a Jawbone up advocate. Too bad :(

Advice to Management

Get some people that are actually nice, and speak kindly to others. Be professional, and when employees are coming to HR due to harassment, take it seriously! You guys are headed straight for law suit land. Really serious stuff going on here.

Great place to work

I have been working at Fitbit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No expectation to work long hours - come and go as you please as long as work gets done. There is good communication within my team and daily meetings where opinions are heard so that everyone feels valuable. For a recent grad, the salary/compensation is competitive versus offers from the big software companies (Amazon, Facebook, Google). The increase in salary makes up for the limited perks compared to the big companies.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that perks are limited to snacks/drinks and happy hour/catered lunch once a week.

There is a lot of potential

I have been working at Fitbit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If I could give 1/2 stars I would. Right now Fitbit as a company is 2.5 stars but has so much potential to be great. +Strong brand +Employees are genuine. This sounds so simple, but in this time of dime a dozen hyper-growth, over valuated Bay Area companies it can't be emphasized more. +Standard "tech" perks. Snacks, lunch, jackets, backpacks

Cons

Lots of work to be done. Leadership needs to take notice very soon. +No VP of HR/People/Culture. This is the most worrisome. No one focuses on the people as a whole without seeing just "my team" "my engineers" "my, my, my" Leadership team has tunnel vision on only their own teams and most are engineering centric. +Compensation is below market. Not many internal promotions, raises or equity increases. +Benefits are okay. Maternity/Paternity leave are terrible.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to lead. We are not a start up and that is not a bad thing! Be proud of this. Get out of the weeds and be strategic. Please add a female or better yet 2 or 3 of them to the executive team. If it happens to be the VP of HR make it a mission to hire one on the technical side of the company as well. Let's strive to be a great place to work, not just a great consumer brand. There is potential but as employee begin to vest I see lots of attrition coming our way if the leadership doesn't address the above issue.

11. Nice place to work

I have been working at Fitbit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small teams, standard startup feeling. I can walk to every one and they are willing to help me. There isn't much meetings, mostly working on my stuff.

Cons

Lunch is not provided every day

RSS Feed </> Embed