Fitch Reviews

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014
3.3

Simon Bolton

Overall great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Fitch

Pros

Great office environment, friendly co-workers. Really enjoyed the people I worked with and most of my bosses. They provided me with all the tools I needed to succeed and gave me the flexibility I needed to manage my personal life as well.

Cons

Occasionally office politics gets in the way of a productive work environment and some managers aren't up to par. But overall nothing too bad to say.

Be in the office more. It's hard to develop a connection when you are out of the office 50% of the time.

Not so great environment to work as a team member

Former Employee - Intern  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Fitch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good open office environment, friendly co workers and good benefit package. Not so competitive salary. Some teams were not very well organized.

Cons

Weekly meeting was kind of wasting of time. Some team members were wasting their time and also others' too. Lack of knowledgeable team leaders. Not so creative working environment.

Amazing team and opportunities, but often unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Fitch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong creative, lovely office facilities, great people. Enjoyed the majority of the team, had some great clients, participated in fun, inspirational work.

Cons

Several senior managers that were bad actors, had their own agendas, didn't walk the talk, didn't listen to the client, and had unrealistic expectations around life/work balance -- essentially, none.

Walk your talk, balance the load, provide growth opportunities to more than the creative staff

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great potential, lack of vision and poor leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Fitch full-time

Pros

There is an amazing team in place with strong culture, but the leadership is lacking. The directors are not empowered to do their jobs, and the overarching company that owns FITCH seriously hinders and restricts their growth.

Cons

Lack of vision, lack of career development, stressful work environment, lack of loyalty and recognition for hard work. Oh, and absolutely no bonuses.

Start from scratch. Get new leadership, trust and empower directors, show more loyalty and respect to your staff, and simply put... Pay better.

Good place but lack of leadership

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Fitch

Pros

Great people, great brand, good portfolio (but the work is old), nice office, family friendly. A lot of potential with a strong leader.

Cons

No new business, in the red, no leadership. It struggled for too long and now has to overcome poor market perceptions.

Take an interest in the Seattle studio. Develop a focused sales plan and then act on the steps. Keep the design staff you have left.

Not a great experience.

Former Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Fitch

Pros

Global firm, if you like working with big global clients, most of their work is for well known companies.

Cons

Shady, unprofessional people. I didn't get paid for a few of the last days of my contract. I was not made aware that an amount was deducted from my final paycheck, until I saw money was missing for myself a over a month after competing the job. No one ever contacted me about a problem. After a lot of back and forth through several people about the missing money, the truth finally came out that pay had been deducted.

Respect your employees more.

A superb, social, creative place to work, and for some big clients!

Former Employee - Intern Graphic Designer  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Intern Graphic Designer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Fitch as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great, friendly, atmosphere and people. Excellent clients. Large amount of facilities to enhance creativity, be productive and also relax. Motivation for all employees to communicate with each other.

Cons

The big boss sits in a large windowed room and never appears to come out, which is a little intimidating! Rows of desks with minimal space/personal storage.

Consider actively involving the big boss with all employees on a regular basis, even if its just to say hey hows things. Find a solution to offer larger desk space and personal storage.

It was a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. Got to work on good brands but the work atmosphere was not conducive.

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Fitch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In Retail Design this is one of the best brands to work with.

Cons

There is a lot of talking down. Big egos and less work.

Where do I start?

Relaxed and creative agency.

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at Fitch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, excellent work life balance, and fun creative staff. Coming to work was generally fun and inspiring.

Cons

Volume of work fluctuated drastically as things tend to in the Middle East. With the growing competition in Qatar specifically (lots of agencies were saturating the market) it became more and more challenging to win new business.

Fun culture, talented team, amazing people, and great client work

I have been working at Fitch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some really exciting work being done; the best group of people you can work with anywhere; there is a strong cultural emphasis on career development and international opportunities; great reputation in the industry

Cons

Some inconsistency in leadership. If your team doesn't have one of the great managers, you might feel limited in your role; the teams aren't always staffed appropriately so you can expect to put in a lot late nights if you have a big deadline coming up

Check in with your teams more. Check your ego at the door. Invest in more training.

Fitch Photos

London Studio
Columbus Studio
Columbus Studio

+ Add Photo

Worked for Fitch? Contribute to the Community!