Fitness together

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Jervik

Great place to work

Prosflexibility...able to make your own hours

Conshave to work long hours to make enough money to survive

Great Concept Poor Managent

Owner (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGreat equipment. Privacy with outstanding 1-on-1 concept. Not having to do sales and interviews of clients. Super location, owner, and great tunes to train clients.

ConsVirtually all studios in Northern California closed due to poor sales. There were some excellent owners, but I think that 1-on-1 training took a big hit when the economy went into a funk.

Advice to Senior ManagementNational advertising would have been a great help and I think that some of the regional manager/directors could have done a better job with helping studio owners survive the economic downturn rather than just trying to expand sales of new units. Group training would have helped tremendously.

Overworked

Lead Trainer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNot having to worry about making sales is a huge pro as well as being salaried. You're able to work with clients in a one on one setting. There is no one around to distract your client or make them feel like they are being scrutinized by their peers.

ConsWork far too many hours, never compensated for growth in the field, no incentive program. Conversations are never followed through with, so nothing new is ever implemented on a studio level.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on education for employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Got my start here people where very friendly pay is ok

Personal Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsPeople where very friendly and it felt like a positive enviroment

ConsPay was not spectacular

No encouragement to continue your education

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees encourage continuing education

Excellent company to work for

Personal Trainer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPrivate Rooms for ONE on ONE personal training sessions

ConsNot a lot of room to work out

Not the best place to get started in the personal training industry.

Personal Trainer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThey give you clients so you don't really have to land any yourself.

ConsYou get less then 20% of what they charge per session for the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the % earned per session for your personal trainers.

Great place to begin a career in personal training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSupportive environment for trainers. Great clients to work with. Team atmosphere instead of cutthroat at bigger gyms. Management provides clients to train. Can move from trainer and learn more about sales. At busy times have trained 40-50 sessions a week.

ConsOne-on-one training hard hit by ecomonic slowdown, making it harder to get sessions trained. Also, a few years behind in move to small group personal training. They should have started this in 2008/2009 instead of 2011.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue exploring small group training, but need bigger studios to do it.

great learning experience

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Latham, NY

Prosgreat way to work on interpersonal skills. all clients come in seeking help in a friendly environment, usually with a very positive attitude. there are so many tasks to accomplish so you are never bored! As an employee of a successful branch, I am completely satisfied with my position. I learn a lot about databases and website management, as well as other areas of communication.

ConsAs an admin, there is a lot of envelope licking! But overall, there aren't many downsides to working here. I am a college student and this is a great learning experience for me.

Excellent job to test knowledge and put ideas together to bring in max amount of clients.

Personal Trainer (Current Employee)

Prosflexible and fun to work for owner. great variety of clients. Equipment in good condition to put together workouts.

ConsWide variety of operating hours and non consecutive hours. clients go on vacation=no appointments and no hours to work. ideas and operations change drastically and cause frustration with trainers and clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a set plan for clients and trainers to use and work together. Although working with different trainers are nice.. it would be nice to have a better way to track client's progress.

Depends on what your franchise owner is like.

ProsThey bring in all the clients for you. Good personal training and nutrition programs. Not much training or ways to improve without doing it on your own.

ConsNot very good pay. Hours are inconsistent.

Worked for Fitness together? Contribute to the Community!