Fitzemeyer and Tocci

Fitzemeyer & Tocci a great place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team structure based on market sector allows teams to work together and focus on design. High energy and dedicated project staff allows teams to work towards a common goal of delivering the project design from concept through construction. Team goal orientated.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

High Turnover and lot's of small renovation projects with tight schedules

I worked at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health care benefits are 90% covered. Free parking. New software.

Cons

High Turnover. No Cad/Revit coordinator. Rigid management attitudes. No overtime allowed. High workload with limited design resources. Lot's of small hospital renovation projects with tight budget and schedules. Poor production management. Lower end of the pay scale justified by the coverage of health insurance.

Manage production and schedule projects accordingly. Focus on retaining employees by being flexible rather than rigid. Allow for overtime to cope with aggressive schedules or hire/retain more people.

Overall a very good experience.

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has recently re-focused its business model to allow a more defined group structure. The president and principles have also re-focused the companys values and employee expectations and have organized in such a way that these are shared with the entire company. The company is expanding in a good direction healthy for future growth.

Cons

Resources are a bit limited at times. The industry is fast paced with project deadline after project deadline and it is sometimes tough to complete the task as hand within the project deadline with the limited resources.
    Known to have a higher than average employee turn over rate.

Expand the company with quallified employees and dont let the good ones get away. The company is as only as good as it's employees and building around the excetional ones will quickly benefit all.

Great people, great benefits

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci

Pros

state of the art technology, friendly staff, informal environment, opportuntiies for training, exceptional benefits, great clients, very stable company

Cons

none i can think of at this time.

great place to work...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

I have been working at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (less than an year)

Pros

F&T is a well run company with plans for growth over the next few years. I feel like their pay scale is fair, but not overly agressive. They offer excellent benefits (95% paid health insurance with no deductible, 401k match, etc) and hold employee events, which seem to be dissappearing in the workplace these days (ski trips, summer outings, holidy parties). Management is clear with their expectations and goals for employees and is willing to provide everyone with the tools needed to meet their objectives.

Cons

None that I am aware of.

I'm glad to work here; keep up the good work :)

Happier after I left

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health insurance coverage, Company outings, Very close to both I-95 and I-93, Friendly staff, Great clients, Annual participation in a charitable foundation.

Cons

Was on the lower end of the take-home pay scale (possibly due to above average health insurance coverage), Overtime started at 44 hours and we always felt pressured to work 44 hours or less (43.5 hour work weeks were commonplace), We rarely got to reap the benefits of "Half Day Fridays" because there was so much work to get done, Scheduling of project deliverables were frequently clustered together which created a high-stress environment, High employee turnover, Failure of upper management to recognize and do something about these very real issues.

Create incentives for employees to feel better about staying late - save your money on company outings and pay employees overtime at 40 hours and beyond. Fix the scheduling issues. Hire a drafter so engineers don't have to spend half their time struggling with CAD issues the day a project is due, Embrace change.

Fitzemeyer has big goals but experiences high turnover and loves to hire young inexperienced Engineers.

I worked at Fitzemeyer and Tocci full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They cover most of the medical insurance.

Cons

They don't pay as well as other firms because they cover medical insurance. They will not pay overtime but will pressure you to work for free to get the job done. They book everything that comes in and leave it up to the engineers to figure out how to finish it all. They work in teams rather than departments. They have high turnover and are not very flexible.

Learn how to manage engineers with experience.

Fitzemeyer and Tocci Photos