www.five9.com

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
4.1

Mike Burkland

It's like an extended family

I have been working at Five9 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Five9 going on five years. I have never been so happy. I feel extremely comfortable with everyone on my team. We all seem to pull together to make it happen and help each other succeed. VP of SMB is awesome. He will push you if he think your slipping, but you know he wants you to succeed. My director is great, always ready to help me close a deal and take care of the fires when needed. I come from the dotcom era where it was not uncommon to change jobs every couple of years. I do not plan on leaving Five9 anytime soon.

Cons

It is far from my home. I travel almost 100 miles a day just to get back and forth to work. It would be great if they had better work from home options.

I have never worked somewhere that I had no hesitation to go to the CEO if needed. The CEO and CFO always know you by name and make you feel like they are there for your needs and appreciate the part you play in the success of Five9

I have been working at Five9 full-time

Pros

Good Leadership team. Company is growing fast. Good, dedicated, hard-working people. Nice benefits and company activities

Cons

Processes are slow coming around to the growth and efficiencies needed. Some people are slow to accept new processes and become team players. Makes it difficult to get decisions made sometimes.

Good job overall. Maybe take the populous pulse more often to help identify priorities and pain points.

Compared to the competitors I've worked for in the Contact Center Industry....Five9 ROCKS!

I have been working at Five9 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Five9 is Agile, Nimble, Quick, Forward-Thinking, and Fast-Paced. The general atmosphere is very comfortable and supportive. Because Five9 is smaller and on the growth up-swing, there is a lot of flexibility to influence changes and make a difference, whereas with larger companies, that's not possible. The Executive Management Team is very focused and engaged. When they say they are going to do something....it happens. They are also VERY forthcoming with the entire organization as to challenges, goals, plans ,etc. WAY more-so than any other company I've worked for. It's refreshing because you feel as though you are part of the Vision and the Operational Agenda.

Cons

The biggest challenges are the usual challenges any company who is growing faces. As we bring on a ton of new customers, we need to scale.

Need 401k match. Other huge advice issue: Don't have quota carrying Sales Directors Qualifying leads....all pre-qual on the leads should be driven via marketing and lead gen.

Not the best, not the worst

I have been working at Five9 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly people that love small talk, easygoing. Company hosts fun events, people seem very work oriented, compensated very well.

Cons

Not proper training for people new to the business world. Must seek help outside work to get better at job. Departments are not cohesive. Things take forever to get done internally, and are not communicated well at all.

Make changes to actually help the sales process don't just talk about them. Listen to employees if they have good ideas.

Excellent work environment full of very smart people who are truly passionate about their work

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for over a year and although I have observed the normal changes and growing pains a company goes through, I have noticed some things are very consistent: Very results driven environment; People who are here really care about their work and making a difference; Executives have an open-door policy and are very approachable and open to listening to feedback and suggestions; The company has some great things in store to help them towards dominating our space; a CEO who cares about this company and the work-force.

Cons

Day before Thanksgiving should be a half-day.

Micro-management is the killer of all productivity!

Good company, normal growing pains

Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company has a great product and roadmap, and is poised to be a serious competitor. IMO, we are an underdog that is still climbing our way up, based on our strong market potential. To me, this is a great time to be here and watch the success unfold. The company and management team values work-life balance, and does a lot to foster that culture through activities, free friday lunches, etc.

Cons

As with any fast growing company, we do have growing pains. Processes need optimizing, and we could use some training and development plans for the existing teams.

Invest in our known top performers, give them more resources to expand their reach and get out of their way - these are the folks that are going to take us to that next level!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Started at Five9 a few months ago and love it so far. IMO, company has a great work environment, capable executive team, and is at the cusp of the next growth stage.

Cons

The only con I would say is lack of some of the large company benefits, for e.g., 401k match. However, that is to be expected from a company this size (and at this stage of growth). Good news though is that new benefits are being added regularly.

at this point all I can say is "keep up the good work!"

Great Executive Staff, Company, Culture, and People!

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A great company starts with great leadership and Mike is an amazing CEO that cares about his people and ensuring we have a great culture and all else follows when this foundation is set for people to do amazing things. I am a product manager and work with every group and team throughout the company. The one common trait I have discovered is that everybody cares and wants Five9 to succeed because they believe in the leadership and the people in the company.
    Company events are amazing and fun. The catered lunches are always fantastic!

Cons

Just wish they would bring the catered lunch to the 5th floor since the lines get long on the 4th floor for Friday catered lunches. Other than that, I love it here!

Keep doing what you are doing!

Lack of Process Hurts Long-Term Viability

I worked at Five9 (more than a year)

Pros

* Compensation and benefits package were fantastic
    * Experienced an IPO during my tenure

Cons

* "Legacy" employees, particularly at high-levels, are preventing company from moving forward
    * Politics
    * Lack of transparency

The company values are preached, but not followed. Five9 needs to remove some key personnel as these legacy employees are holding tightly to their own views instead of working collaboratively. STOP USING THE TERM "IT IS WHAT IT IS!"

Great company that makes you feel like family

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Five9 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great compensation for hard work

Cons

Not very organized from a partner/channel perspective

Don't assume your employees do things for certain reasons...ask them their reasoning for why they do what they do and you may be surprised how loyal they are to you and your organization when the appearance of what they did have seemed to send the opposite message.