Five9

www.five9.com

Five9 Reviews

Updated Feb 28, 2014

Mike Burkland

Five9 is a growing company full of capable people and a rewarding team environment.

ProsExcellent facilities, regular social events and family oriented team building efforts. All of the departments work together and the CEO is a fantastic leader who conveys his vision effectively.

ConsSan Ramon is in the inner east bay, far from San Francisco. The facilities are lacking in basic services like laundry as well as interesting food options, so employees have to drive to take advantage of those things. But the community in San Ramon has plenty to offer.

Advice to Senior Managementneed 401K matching

Mar 5, 2014

We are very glad that you are pleased with the future potential of Five9, and hope you will continue to be happy working at Five9.

OK Work Enviornment, Company Has Potential

(Current Employee)

ProsGood company that is going places. Promotes work life balance. Nice people. Great CEO.

ConsSome management encourages unethical practices. One sales manager is very inexperienced and does not provide useful training. The manager lacks actual sales experience and pushes for high numbers even when quality is bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you hire the right people for the role and not just friends and family.

Mar 5, 2014

Thank you for the feedback, we agree that Five9 "is going places." We hope you continue to enjoy your time here and we appreciate the constructive feedback.

Depressing work environment for Tech guys

Engineering Technology Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsBusiness is still good, there are some great people to work with

ConsCommunication skills is the only thing you need to be successful at any role in this company. Core technical people don't survive in this kind of environment. Other departments try to close this gap and bring aboard people who have no idea what moving parts this product have.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease find CTO who will start consolidating Tech and Business departments. That fighting to death between departments which was happening during last 3 years has almost destroyed your Engineering and is going to destroy your business.

Mar 5, 2014

I'm sorry to hear of your experience; this is not the work environment that we are trying to create. We want you to know that we have taken note of your experience, and thank you very much for the ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Infrastructure unable to meet customer demands

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsGreat company that fosters input and creativity. Huge growth in all areas. Very competitive product.

ConsGrowing pains are causing the company to buckle internally. Support lacks depth and accountability.
    Engineering and development are mostly Russian and are reluctant to break away from build projects to for support issues. customer facing roles are vulnerable to clients outbursts with little infrastructure support with heavy escalations and delays.

Advice to Senior ManagementRedesign entire operations model. Poor model in place now and outages make the support system most vulnerable, when it should be most effective.

Mar 5, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Five9 has the energy of a start-up, the expertise of a legacy, and the growth potential of Starbucks circa 1990.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsFive9 is growing at an extremely quick pace, and employment is growing with it to a very corollary degree. Everyone here is attempting to increase productivity and improve the product and company. Management recognizes that sheer manpower is necessary to do so. Upper management is also extremely involved and concerned with lower level work capabilities and strives to create a seamless environment (ie ensuring projects do not bottleneck at the top).

ConsThere are some standard growing pains with Five9. As a rapidly growing company, it is difficult to ensure that every voice is heard, and that the total company culture truly exemplifies what individual departments are putting forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Mar 5, 2014

We are glad to hear you are happy working at Five9, and we hope to continue promoting the culture you have enjoyed so far. We also appreciate the constructive feedback.

Fast growth, great market- A really great place to work!!

Prosdynamic, talented team-some of the best professionals i've ever worked with. Incredibly fast growth company, with a great market opportunity.

ConsSome incompetent people were kept in leadership positions too long, has resulted in some quality issues. Company is growing very fast, focus is on the top line growth, and not morale or culture at this point. So many new people make it difficult without clear direction and strategic focus from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove faster when you know the wrong person is in a key position. Give clear goals- not just top line revenue goals, but specific departmental goals.

If you like cold calling and head bashing go Five9

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsCEO, Mike, tries his best to make this seem like it's a real company.

ConsManagement hired/promoted in the last 6 months is inept and simply put in place to expand in order for the company to go public. Five9 isn't ready to go public. We can't keep our solution on-line daily much less support more customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales, engineering, and management are the keys to success for Five9. Clean out the fat cows draining productivity. We were lean a year ago, making $$$, on our way to upgrading our system, now we gave that up and are sluggish and slow.

growing fast, hiring more

DB Report Manager (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

Proslots of work to do, lots of project to participate, lots of experience to gain, just be proactive and you'll get it

Consmanagement is making weird decisions and hiring unqualified personnel instead of highly qualified professionals that leaving company

Advice to Senior Managementvalue people who are making all the hard work

Maybe if you're green and can't find work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsCompany lunch on Friday. Company social every few months.

Cons- agreed to pay rate on phone, then wrote contract for lower, had to check them

-unfriendly work environment. Type where you say Hi to many people and they just look at you
    -Not my job mentality - heavy - Trying to engage departments to handle issues with product
    -tier 1 to 3 tech support does no troubleshooting
    -Tier 1 to 3 tech support can engage All Execs and Engineers in Service alerts, for problems as small as accepting an invalid certificate on a webpage.... basic stuff that should be screened prior to engaging such high levels.
    - All the original Engineers are gone, leaving only those stumbling to figure out what is in place.

-execs try to micromanage everyone when they're clueless and just panic.... not good

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your managers handle things, you hired them for their knowledge.
    Screen tech support so you don't waste everyone's time.

Fast-paced and tough at times - but overall a solid job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsOpportunities to work with bleeding-edge technology, lots of opportunity to find your niche and contribute.

ConsBleeding-edge technology can be tough at times. Due to growth, some teams seem to be adding people 'just because' rather than evaluating the pros and cons of adding additional members. There is a TON of work to do over the next couple years - if you want to just do the same thing and not venture outside of your comfort zone, be careful about the team and/or project you get involved with. (not really a 'Con', but important to know)

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to grow too fast. Also remember than more bodies do not equal more productivity.

Worked for Five9? Contribute to the Community!