Five9 Reviews

Mike Burkland

1. Featured Review

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Five9 is a super fun place to work. It has great perks and benefits, awesome management, great product, free lunches, ski trips, wellness months, regular company outings, and really fun and energetic people!

Cons

The customers can sometimes be difficult but thats any company really.

2. Execs who make-good on their commitments, and Solutions that really work! SO Proud to work here! :)

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Leadership (they deliver on promises!!!), Excellent Exec Leadership Support (they really CARE about our customers and it shows), Awesome Robust Solution (that actually works!), VERY Satisfied customers, AWESOME Team-Work, Super Compensation, Great Partner Ecosystem, Positive Energy Overall, Great support system internally!

Cons

No 401k Match, SE's are spread thin - need more SE's.

Advice to Management

401k Match please, and more PS and SE Resources for all of the opportunities due to our thriving growth! :)

Good family atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Five9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, good pay and very fair with all employees.

Cons

Very political. Learn to navigate politics like most companies and you will do well.

High ambition low execution

Former Employee - Managing Architect in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Managing Architect in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Five9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company was willing to try new and innovative things.

Cons

They didn't have the staff to execute on what they wanted to do. They are split across geographical regions and have no hiring bar. It makes for a rough place to work.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving the overall quality of your team.

6. Fun ride

I have been working at Five9 full-time

Pros

good insurance and overall benefits

Cons

lack of accountability and knowledge on non-technical positions

Advice to Management

less micromanagement

Hit or miss

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Five9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With Five9, it's a hit-or-miss situation. Depending on the team you join and your professional goals, you may love or hate it. If you are not extremely ambitious and just want an okay place that earns you some cash, Five9 is a decent option. Bishop Ranch location is awesome, nice environment, whole foods nearby, food trucks a few times a week. Also, company has some nice events, like the annual ski day held at Kirkwood.

Cons

The company doesn't seem to do all that well on the market, that's a concern for the future and it also reflects potential internal issues that are not being resolved. Lack of competence and proper leadership in some teams and areas is a source of frustration. Also, the company is not very generous when it comes to promotions and yearly salary adjustments. The overall attitude towards employees sometimes falls short, especially in tough situations when someone has to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Show people that the company appreciates them. Not just through formal awards that employees send to each other, but through compensation and perks. It often feels like Five9 is just an investment, and the management just waits to collect the revenue and then bug out. It's hard to stay motivated and enthusiastic in such an environment.

It's like an extended family

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Five9 going on five years. I have never been so happy. I feel extremely comfortable with everyone on my team. We all seem to pull together to make it happen and help each other succeed. VP of SMB is awesome. He will push you if he think your slipping, but you know he wants you to succeed. My director is great, always ready to help me close a deal and take care of the fires when needed. I come from the dotcom era where it was not uncommon to change jobs every couple of years. I do not plan on leaving Five9 anytime soon.

Cons

It is far from my home. I travel almost 100 miles a day just to get back and forth to work. It would be great if they had better work from home options.

Advice to Management

I have never worked somewhere that I had no hesitation to go to the CEO if needed. The CEO and CFO always know you by name and make you feel like they are there for your needs and appreciate the part you play in the success of Five9

9. Not the best, not the worst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people that love small talk, easygoing. Company hosts fun events, people seem very work oriented, compensated very well.

Cons

Not proper training for people new to the business world. Must seek help outside work to get better at job. Departments are not cohesive. Things take forever to get done internally, and are not communicated well at all.

Advice to Management

Make changes to actually help the sales process don't just talk about them. Listen to employees if they have good ideas.

10. Five9

I have been working at Five9 full-time

Pros

Good Leadership team. Company is growing fast. Good, dedicated, hard-working people. Nice benefits and company activities

Cons

Processes are slow coming around to the growth and efficiencies needed. Some people are slow to accept new processes and become team players. Makes it difficult to get decisions made sometimes.

Advice to Management

Good job overall. Maybe take the populous pulse more often to help identify priorities and pain points.

Compared to the competitors I've worked for in the Contact Center Industry....Five9 ROCKS!

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Five9 is Agile, Nimble, Quick, Forward-Thinking, and Fast-Paced. The general atmosphere is very comfortable and supportive. Because Five9 is smaller and on the growth up-swing, there is a lot of flexibility to influence changes and make a difference, whereas with larger companies, that's not possible. The Executive Management Team is very focused and engaged. When they say they are going to do something....it happens. They are also VERY forthcoming with the entire organization as to challenges, goals, plans ,etc. WAY more-so than any other company I've worked for. It's refreshing because you feel as though you are part of the Vision and the Operational Agenda.

Cons

The biggest challenges are the usual challenges any company who is growing faces. As we bring on a ton of new customers, we need to scale.

Advice to Management

Need 401k match. Other huge advice issue: Don't have quota carrying Sales Directors Qualifying leads....all pre-qual on the leads should be driven via marketing and lead gen.

RSS Feed </> Embed