Flagler Hospital

Flagler Hospital Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fun people to work with, typical hospital lifestyle.

Admission Representative (Current Employee)
Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Flagler Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsEnjoyed all the people I worked with.

ConsFelt micro managed by upper management. Was clearly ready for promottion, but "seniority" beat me out . Person promoted was not ready for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employee empowerment. I believe more employees would be happier if they were able to voice ways to make the system run better within the Healthcare guidelines.

was going to work here but not now

Service (Current Employee)
Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Flagler Hospital full-time for less than a year

Prosnice location. Beach was not nice.

Consnot working where upper management is not respected and not doing a good job....hate the good ol boy and girl stuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about employee satisfaction, win the employees then you will win the patients satisfaction, control your Doctors do not allow them to treat your staff bad.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Flagler Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsAt first, company seems to care about it's employees and seems family oriented.

ConsWhat "seems" isn't always reality and certainly isn't in the case of Flagler Hospital. Good ole boy (or mostly in this employer's case, Good Ole Girl clearly describes the environment. People are clearly shown preferential treatment if they are in the "in" group. For example, the same employees can not show up for work repeatedly and barely even be given a warning while another employee who has good performance appraisals is let go after only been absent from work 1x. Some persons just because they may cozy up to that department manager, are given special schedules while others not so cozy just have to suck it up. Honestly, just not professionally run and would be concerned about a family member staying there for this reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the err of your ways and change for the better.

Not a place for career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Flagler Hospital for more than 5 years

ProsLocation, close to the beach

ConsNot appreciated by senior leadership

Flagler Hospital

IS Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flagler Hospital full-time

ProsGreat co workers, family friendly

ConsSenior management to mid management are the worse here. Strong nepotism, unequal rights for employees, unethical practice of religion in the business place.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean your house up starting from the top to the bottom. Management needs major change!

System Administrator

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at Flagler Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsThe radiology department was very fun to work for and with lots of good technicians. The ground level IT workers and the NICU works are some very good people.

ConsSuper high turnover rate in the IT department due to horrible management particularly in the applications department. If you are not a woman do not expect a promotion in IT.
The cardiology department is just as bad.
the doctors in the NICU are even worse. When an IT guys has to tell a Docotor to do their job there is a MAJOR problem.

You tell them that things are not going to work, they do not listen, then they blame you when things don't go right for their lack of decision-making and responsibility to do the right thing.
They hired lots of people they do not know what they're doing will have no experience in their current roles. Like a previous review said the good old boys club here is firmly in place, it does not matter how much you mess up if you're part of the good old boys club you're golden.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that are qualified to do the position they are hired for. Not just they fit your "culture." This is going to be the number one reason why the EMR implementation will be considered a failure. Lots of people that did not know their job. Including the IT director.

ok glad to have job

Eng (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flagler Hospital

Prosstready work at least some benny,s

Consgood ol boy network firmly in place

Worked for Flagler Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flagler Hospital reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Flagler Hospital employees.