Flagship Merchant Services

Updated April 16, 2015
24 reviews filtered by
4.7
CEO

1. Awesome experience, awesome people, awesome earning potential.

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Its great to be part of a talented and motivated company that is a leader in the payments industry. You will not find an entry-level sales position with such a good combination of work atmosphere, experience, and earning potential. If you are driven and want to make money, this is a great place for you. There are countless promotions on top of the salary and generous commission structure. Not to mention free lunch on Fridays!

The work environment is fantastic. It is fast-paced and results driven. Management does a great job of building and maintaining a happy, motivated and well-trained sales force. Everyone is part of the team, and the general mindset is work hard, play hard. If you ever have a question/problem/concern, management and other sales reps are there to help. Basically, hard work is rewarded and respected. So if you give it your all everyday, you will do very well.

Also, the training is great. It prepared me very well for the job but also taught me a number of things that I will continue to use for the rest of my life. One of the coolest parts about the company (besides the view, the game room, the people, the money) is that everyone in the company did this job to some degree, so there is no disconnect and there is full transparency.

If this is your first job out of school or you want to work hard and be generously rewarded (or both), this is the place.

Cons

If you are not a hard worker or do not work well with others you will have a difficult time having as much fun or being as successful as everyone else in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The open door policy is great. You all lead by example and its impossible not to respect that.

2. Great Job, Great People, and Great Money

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun, fast paced environment with plenty of rewards. My first year I made just under 80k...fresh out of college! The training program, the management, the employees, its just awesome. Not only do they pay a good salary with a very generous commission structure, they give out gift cards weekly like they're candy!

Where else in Boston can you find a job that pays great, gives you free food for the week and free pizza every Friday with an arcade in office to boot? Don't worry, Ill wait...You simply cant.

Flagship is a one of a kind office and I suggest it for anyone who is driven, and ready to change the way they see sales.

Cons

Sales is not for the faint hearted or lazy. You have to be driven and motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep running it the way you do...maybe with a few more early exit promotions on Fridays.

3. Great income opportunity & learning experience for entry level sales

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

i was able to make six figures as an entry level sales rep at this company and the training i was taught was beyond what anyone can think. it was a great atmosphere to work in and the management was always available if you ever needed guidance or pep talks.

Cons

sales is sales - no cons as long as you have the right attitude and help behind you and i had that here.

Advice to Management

one on one call sessions more often, more so for a refresher and pick me up

5. I worked at Flagship Merchant Services for 3 great years while here in Boston.

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun and energetic work environment. Free lunch on Fridays and a fully stocked kitchen. Game room for when you need a break (ping pong, air hockey, Madden). Weekly and monthly promotions on top of salary and commissions. Great job for anyone looking to work hard, play hard, and make a ton of money! Management makes every sales agent feel like a part of the team with on going development and constant support.

Cons

It is a sales position. The earning potential is incredible but you need to have the motivation to put in the work to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what makes you great. Hands on, one on one development with every agent to get the most out of every employee.

6. A fantastic opportunity to learn the ins and outs of sales and make lots of money

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vibrant work atmosphere
    Hands on training
    The ability to make 6 figures year 1 without previous sales experience
    Catered Friday lunch/unlimited snacks and beverages
    Daily and weekly, individual and team led competitions for cash prizes

Cons

Sales is a contact sport--you need to be willing to be persistent and bring your "A" game to each call--enthusiasm, effort, and a genuine interest are all necessities to succeeding.

Advice to Management

Continue working on and reinforcing the sales techniques that you taught sales force from initial training--to become great at this job, you need to take a "one call at a time" approach.

7. Great job with ability to make real money.

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It starts with the training and you are then developed from there to be part of a productive sales team.

Cons

You will have to work hard and stay focused.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.

8. Exciting sales office that offers fantastic earning potential

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They not only offer a great base salary for entry level or even experienced sales reps, but their commission structure is higher than any sales job I've ever had. PLUS, they give us free food and drinks throughout the week. I loved it here but unfortunately I had to move for my husbands job.

Cons

It can be a high intensity environment but that's sales. If you aren't ready for competition than you shouldn't be in sales! The harder the work, the more money you make. It's that simple.

Advice to Management

Continue providing advice to everyone so the company continues to grow.

9. Great Sales Organization

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Flagship Merchant Services. I loved going to work because of my coworkers and the friendships I made. The training and management at this company propelled my knowledge and success in the sales industry. The extensive training program was by far the best I have ever been a part of and definitely paid off. There is unlimited earning potential at this company. Anyone who is hard working, willing to learn, and has an interest in making money should apply for this job. There is a lot of growth potential in this industry and within Flagship. My only reason for leaving the company was relocation for my spouse's job.

Cons

I lived outside the city so I had quite a long commute with the hours I worked. You do have flexible shifts if you live outside the city!

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the vets.

10. Invaluable Training for Work Ethic and Sales

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Taught me invaluable organizational and time management skill.

Cons

Repetition can take its toll.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work molding the managers and directors of the future, but mix things up a little bit from time to time.

11. Awesome people, fun environment and young office.

I worked at Flagship Merchant Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone that works there is great. The office is brand new with a beautiful kitchen, awesome game room and amazing views of Boston. The young atmosphere was perfect for being my first job out of college. The sales training was one of a kind and prepares you for when you get on the phones. Managers are fair. If you respect them, they respect you.

Cons

Tough industry and a lot of problems that come about with your merchants are out of your control.