Flagship Rehabilitation

Updated Dec 22, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

William E. Freas, Jr

The company has a supportive administrative staff.

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployee is compensated enough based on experience.

ConsThe company does not find enough coverage for Chief Physical/Occupational Therapists for them to take their PTOs or vacation benefit to the point of burning out their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDespite the economic challenges that all rehabilitation companies face, they should know how to take care of their employees especially the Chief PTs/OTs in their facilities.

A Positive Growing Experience

Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee)
York, PA

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStrong in compliance relating to Medicare regulations.
Supportive staff and upper management.
Very structured with expectations and consequences.
Fair with flexibility.

ConsRaises and reimbursement does not seem to at a fair amount considering time and effort put in to the job. Higher expectations with unreachable goals for a 40 hr work week. No family time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate and appreciate your salaried staff for all of the free time donated to the company.

Corporate out of touch with day to day employees

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time for more than a year

ProsFree on-site ACP training, assistance with CEUs, reimbursement for licensure

ConsFind your own coverage for PTO or time off isn't approved; higher-ups do not care about employee happiness as long as numbers are met

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they complain to HR repeatedly about how awful their manager is.

not at all impressed with this company

SLP (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time

Prosthe therapists who I work with

Constoo many and I want my job

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your therapists with dignity and respect!!!

ZERO star would be an appropriate rating

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation

ProsGood building and patients. Some of the therapists are skilled

ConsThe policies of this company make me sick to my stomach. Salaried PT and OT have to work have to work over 40 hours every week with no pay for the overtime. If you are a little short of 40 hours in one week then you have to use your PTO. They do not consider the free service ( unpaid overtime)you do the rest of the year. The management are just filling their pockets and put an impression that they are in a huge loss. Took away 4 holidays from us and make us sign up for the other two holidays. You will be lucky if u get 1 holiday in a year. Sick of this place:(. So glad to be out of here !!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHate you guys. Stop treating us like slaves...!

productivity, productivity, productivity

SLP (Former Employee)
York, PA

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time for more than a year

ProsAccepted me as a CFY with min. experience. I worked with a great group of therapists at my job site.

Consnot very organized, demanding. Not much concern for overall performance with clients, only concerned with productivity. Expected you to travel, would relocate therapists constantly.

Good for stability

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation

ProsGood communication with senior staff, flexibility, Good health coverage,

ConsNo to minimal professional growth.

Advice to Senior Managementinvolve lower level staff in decision making.

Steer clear

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation full-time

ProsIt is a family oriented company. It is all about their family!

ConsThere is a reason that they are always looking for help. Steer clear of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more support to your therapists.

Mediocre to poor

I worked at Flagship Rehabilitation

ProsIt's hard to come up with something really concrete in terms of pros. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and the owners and leadership seemed ok. They have some nice clinical resources, and talk a lot about quality and excellence, but at the end of the day, they really aren't doing anything innovative or special. Pay was OK. Productivity standard was typical.

ConsLeadership micromanages, and has limited skills. Some staff members are treated poorly, and I never quite trusted anyone there. There is no diversity to speak of. The culture is very reactive and at times unprofessional. The ones who seemed to love it (there were a few) seemed naive, brainwashed, or incompetent, or were members of the family who ran it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should probably keep trying. There are a lot of dedicated and talented therapists who work there and that is the best thing this company has going for it.

Working for this company has been a very satisfying and refreshing experience for me.

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flagship Rehabilitation

ProsHonestly there are so many. First of all I think as a Therapists it is satisfying to know that the people who own and operate the business are also Therapists. I believe that the company looks out for the best interests of the patients they treat and truly adhears to indusrty regulations, which many companies seem to overlook. Also they promote within so their is always opportunity for growth. Finally, they are not a national company, so you are more than just a number!! They truly care about their people.

ConsThe expectations are set very high. Probably higher than most companiies I've ever worked for in the past. Im not referring to productivity but documentation, timeframes etc. I personally do not have a problem with this as I feel when you work in Healthcare standards should be high, but there are Therapists out there who cannot keep up with the expectations as our indusrty changes. Because of this it places more work on those in the field who are stong and in the field for the right reasons. LTC is seven days a week so I would say if you are a Therapist who doesnt want to work, this would'nt be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to keep your employees in the loop on all of our industry changes. Love the new News Letter. Please make sure Recruiting is working hard!!!
Congrats on new Philly business!!

Worked for Flagship Rehabilitation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flagship Rehabilitation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flagship Rehabilitation CEO William E. Freas, Jr. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Flagship Rehabilitation employees.