Flagstar Bancorp Reviews

157 reviews filtered by
2.5
Flagstar Bancorp President & CEO Alessandro P. DiNello
Alessandro P. DiNello

Pros
  • Some good people who mean well, but quality leadership is sorely lacking (in 7 reviews)

• Competitive pay, normal hours, good benefits, good PTO, opportunity to move up (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • And often changes in upper management in the last 3 or 4 years (in 7 reviews)

• Flagstar has little room for advancement (in 4 reviews)

1. I was very unhappy after being there for a month alone at my cubicle!!!!!!

Former Employee - Bilingual Mortgage Servicing Representative in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Bilingual Mortgage Servicing Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

Many of the co-workers are friendly and you become close since you work with the same people everyday.

Cons

They have no empathy with situations you may have. If you fail to hit one small key point you are given a verbal warning as opposed to aajust advising you and helping you better that issue if it were to arise again in a different call.

You aren't better than anyone and place yourself in some of the workers shoes and bring yourself down from that high horse you're sitting on so that you can relate to your workers!!!!!!!!

2. Flagstar has the potential to be the best.

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As I said great customer service good work life balance decent benefits except maybe the 401k. Good PTO flexibility and alot of good people working in retail banking.

Cons

The salary pay for bankers is down right criminal. Lots and lots of turnover and I assume its due to the low pay wages in retail banking. Recruiting system is horrible.

If Flagstar could atleast become competitive in its pay rate for banking employees. They rank at the bottom compared to others. Senior management wanted to know why they can't retain people. My advice to senior management is stop avoiding the questions you already know the answers to.

3. Don't trust coworkers

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

Decent pay & the perfect hours.

Cons

Not a team working environment & co workers & management will throw you under the bus at any given time because of their laziness & lack of quality work ethics. The blame game will start at the top so don't trust, don't make friends because in reality they don't care about you. I worked hard everyday for almost 3 yrs only calling in 1 time during that span so don't think that perfect attendance, great work ethics, & providing excellent customer service is enough because it isn't. Its a back stabbing company at its best who will never care about their employees.

Check your job description again, take responsibility for your own actions, STOP being lazy, & remember your suppose to be a leader & your workers are a product of your coaching & are only as good as how & what you teach them. This is especially true for the Waterford Branch.

5. It was great. No complaints.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

Great pay and love the employees. Very kind and great atmosphere.

Cons

Boring, days can feel long just sitting at a desk all day

6. Was treated terribly by management

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only pros I can say that I was treated much better by coworkers who treated me like a good friend or family member.

Cons

If you have a disability look elsewhere, you will get treated with no respect and will feel like an outsider by the management. They refused to honor a special chair for me when I had the actual doctor's note. They wanted to save money so they gave me an old chair but complained that it didn't match with the companies chair throughout the building. Also they don't have any supplies meaning you have to bring your own personal supplies on your own money. They are cheap and don't give out good raises. Also if you are working here save all evidence in case you get let go. They omitted half of my employee file when I obtained a lawyer to go after them due to discrimination and wrongful let go. They lied saying my work was bad, nit true my evaluation said otherwise. I noticed they let go all disabled and people who took medical leave first. You don't have an outside family life at all.

Fire the management that are rude, show no respect. Training I got was horrible, they boasted this particular woman was the best in the group but I also heard she got let go about 3 months after me. She couldn't complete anything right, kept calling other coworkers to ask them questions because she couldn't trained you properly.

7. Satisfied

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

You can move up quickly within the company.

Cons

Pretty decent place to work you just have to maintain your sales quotas.

No one left that has a sales background

Former Employee - Senior Lending Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Lending Manager

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

Income insurance and other benefits.

Cons

Limited upward potential. Closed minded middle management. Peter principle in full effect.

Throw out anyone who doesnt think sales drives a company

9. The work life balance is nice but the overall atmosphere is one of protecting the bottom line and saving face.

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to leave work and work and enjoy a family has been nice. Work-life balance is not something you are required to sacrifice.

Cons

With the continued changing senior leadership in the company it has been difficult for mid-level managers to establish a consistent management method and to engage employees.

The need for internal growth potential and employee investment is overwhelming and costing the bank in skilled hardworking employees that must leave to achieve a more promising career.

10. The company has a high turnover rate

Former Employee - Spoc in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Spoc in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

It is good to work their if you want to get quick knowledge. It is a fun work envirment

Cons

Don expect long-term goals with this company unless you like to work without career advancement.

Catering to your employees determines the success of your company.

11. Rotating Leadership, no results

Former Employee - Management in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Management in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

Only area bank headquartered in Michigan.

Cons

Where does one start. The C-Level, Sr. Leadership and Management turn style is getting warn out. Many many "top guns" hired to come in and do a job and they don't execute. And no one following up on results. New people get paid top salaries and never really provide value. This leaves all of the overworked dedicated managers to pick up the pieces once again and perform under extreme deadlines for others lack of performance.

Read resumes better, interview better, ask for proof of results.....pay middle management and sr. team members the right amount of money before they have to leave.