Flagstar Bancorp

Be The First To
Add Photos

Flagstar Bancorp President & CEO Alessandro P. DiNello

Alessandro P. DiNello

Pros
  • Competitive pay, normal hours, good benefits, good PTO, opportunity to move up (in 5 reviews)

• Some good people who mean well, but quality leadership is sorely lacking (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • And often changes in upper management in the last 3 or 4 years (in 7 reviews)

• Flagstar has little room for advancement (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work...not great

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsGreat hours...Sundays off and paid holidays. Easy to maintain life outside of work.
    Friendly environment. Enjoyed my coworkers.

ConsWork is a bit redundant and dull at times

Great people

Buissness Operations (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThe staff at this banking institution are amazing individuals.

ConsMiddle Managment is non-exhisting and under appreciated by upper Managment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart assigning tasks to groups and instill a degree of accountability across functional areas.

flagstar bank the bank of MI

Capital Markets Associate (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsBenefits / Hours / PTo /Vacation

ConsPay / advancement / na / na

Advice to Senior Managementna

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent company to work for.

Customer Service Support (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsThere is a friendly and positive atmosphere in the department where I work. People work well together and management is fair and supportive of employees.

ConsCompany is still working to overcome challenges of the down economy. Customer service agents present less than professional front to customers. Proper grammar should be a minimum requirement for agents. Frustrating that all employees, including salaried, are required to punch a time clock.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove customer experience by hiring higher quality customer service agents to begin with and then take a look at training, especially servicing new hire.

Good leapfrog company, poor structure

Loan Analyst (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsCompetitive pay, normal hours, good benefits, good PTO, opportunity to move up

ConsHR is VERY slow processing promotions, 5+ years before PTO increase or promotion, poor executive management structure ("reorganizations" are very common. Ive been hear 14 months and already 3 reorgs in my department)

Advice to Senior ManagementPay UW's and lower level managers better because you are losing them to competitors, provide a better promotion from within plan.

Flagstar bank

Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat schedule, 3 week vacation

Conspay, responsibilities, little advancement, Cash handling

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Ok employer

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsDecent pay and benefits. Interest-bearing employee checking account. Great people!

ConsLittle room for upward mobility. I worked for 2.5 years, was always praised as being the best customer service representative and always chosen to accept additional responsibility, yet when the opportunity for promotions came up, someone with less experience and education was always selected.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities for upward mobility. Realize that you have a wealth of knowledge and talent in-house.

needed more real training

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Canton, MI

Prosability to move up, do work as a teller and personal banker, provided two weeks of training (though it didn't seem like enough when I actually got to work. Provided a mentor for your first few weeks. (could have been better if the person was much more friendlier and willing to work)

ConsMuch lower pay than my old job as a teller at a bank with 3 times the amont of work, no benefits, no vacation days. Training didn't apply to real situations. Computer system was way back in time. I came from Chase Bank and they were very up on their technology, training, pay, and benefits.

Started better than it ended

Senior Retail Banking Assistant (Former Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsIt is a very employee-focused company, with many events designed to help decrease employee stress levels and to give them a reason to come to work. We had National Pancake Day, where we were greeted with pancakes, sausage and orange juice for breakfast. This company has subscribed to the "Fish Philosophy" and a "Get on the Bus" iniative and recognizes those who do a good job, sometimes even a handwritten note from one of the higer ups. It employs a majority of females, due to the industry, so it's a nice break from any male-dominated industry.

ConsDue to the economic problems, the bank has suffered, recently selling its branches in Indiana and Georgia. There are not many options to move up in the company, (at least until the economy recovers fully) as positions have also been eliminated.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose that employee relationship aspect, no matter how bad things get. Make sure they all know that you are in it together, because it is so hard for tellers to relate to upper management.

Get to work with newer technology

Software Developer (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsWillingness to move onto new technologies, REST SOA type approaches.
    Independence and autonomy can be nice, so long as you get good work done in the end.

ConsManagement Change-Over a couple of years ago, and being owned by venture capitalist means a sale of the bank to a bigger bank is likely and the inevitable shakeup that will cause has caused a brain drain of experienced knowledgeable employees, this can be viewed as more opportunity for new people joining the organization to fill such openings.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and capitalize on the unique aspects of Flagstar, make sure those unique aspects are not crushed as we try and move into other areas. The concern is we will be just like all other banks, differentiated in the marketplace. Keep up with the superior customer service.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!