Flagstar Bank Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Satisfied

I have been working at Flagstar Bank

Pros

You can move up quickly within the company.

Cons

Pretty decent place to work you just have to maintain your sales quotas.

The work life balance is nice but the overall atmosphere is one of protecting the bottom line and saving face.

I have been working at Flagstar Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to leave work and work and enjoy a family has been nice. Work-life balance is not something you are required to sacrifice.

Cons

With the continued changing senior leadership in the company it has been difficult for mid-level managers to establish a consistent management method and to engage employees.

Advice to Management

The need for internal growth potential and employee investment is overwhelming and costing the bank in skilled hardworking employees that must leave to achieve a more promising career.

3. I was very unhappy after being there for a month alone at my cubicle!!!!!!

Former Employee - Bilingual Mortgage Servicing Representative in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Bilingual Mortgage Servicing Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bank

Pros

Many of the co-workers are friendly and you become close since you work with the same people everyday.

Cons

They have no empathy with situations you may have. If you fail to hit one small key point you are given a verbal warning as opposed to aajust advising you and helping you better that issue if it were to arise again in a different call.

Advice to Management

You aren't better than anyone and place yourself in some of the workers shoes and bring yourself down from that high horse you're sitting on so that you can relate to your workers!!!!!!!!

No one left that has a sales background

Former Employee - Senior Lending Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Lending Manager

I worked at Flagstar Bank

Pros

Income insurance and other benefits.

Cons

Limited upward potential. Closed minded middle management. Peter principle in full effect.

Advice to Management

Throw out anyone who doesnt think sales drives a company

Flagstar is a good company going through a lot of hard times and difficult changes

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bank

Pros

Flagstar believes in constant improvement and there are lots of different areas to experience if you have other interests.

Cons

There is a lot of red tape and inconsistent structure

Advice to Management

Work with the other departments rather than competing against them.

Exciting rapid pace of change with a great company!

I have been working at Flagstar Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great work enviornment with some of the most knowledgable, experienced, and hardworking people in their fields. Team work is off the charts. The rapid pace of change and being at a company who is at the top of their industry is exciting. While a lot of the senior management has changed all the existing and new management are committed and very accessable. The culture is evolving and there seems to be committment from the top to continue improving it. Ability to provide feedback and see change is great. The corporate committment to grow and expand each business line provides a lot of opportunity. Employee recognition and development continues to grow. Employee perks for financial services is great. Really appreciate the work/life balance.

Cons

Past poor financial history and management has made it difficult to change the culture as this takes time. It continues to improve each day.

Advice to Management

Continue to build the culture and invest in development and accountability of employees. Further investment in technology internal and external.

8. Was treated terribly by management

I worked at Flagstar Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only pros I can say that I was treated much better by coworkers who treated me like a good friend or family member.

Cons

If you have a disability look elsewhere, you will get treated with no respect and will feel like an outsider by the management. They refused to honor a special chair for me when I had the actual doctor's note. They wanted to save money so they gave me an old chair but complained that it didn't match with the companies chair throughout the building. Also they don't have any supplies meaning you have to bring your own personal supplies on your own money. They are cheap and don't give out good raises. Also if you are working here save all evidence in case you get let go. They omitted half of my employee file when I obtained a lawyer to go after them due to discrimination and wrongful let go. They lied saying my work was bad, nit true my evaluation said otherwise. I noticed they let go all disabled and people who took medical leave first. You don't have an outside family life at all.

Advice to Management

Fire the management that are rude, show no respect. Training I got was horrible, they boasted this particular woman was the best in the group but I also heard she got let go about 3 months after me. She couldn't complete anything right, kept calling other coworkers to ask them questions because she couldn't trained you properly.

9. Good company to work for during a difficult period for banks.

I worked at Flagstar Bank

Pros

Exceptional work/life balance and culture.

Cons

Limited opportunities for upward progression.

10. Part Time FSR

I worked at Flagstar Bank

Pros

Great people, good job while in school

Cons

Some customers can be rude.

11. The company has a high turnover rate

Former Employee - Spoc in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Spoc in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bank

Pros

It is good to work their if you want to get quick knowledge. It is a fun work envirment

Cons

Don expect long-term goals with this company unless you like to work without career advancement.

Advice to Management

Catering to your employees determines the success of your company.

RSS Feed </> Embed