Flanders Corporation Reviews

1. Good Place to Work

Former Employee - AR Analyst in Washington, NC
    Former Employee - AR Analyst in Washington, NC

I worked at Flanders Corporation

Pros

No hand holding. Room to try new and more efficient approaches.

Cons

Pay is ok, but it could be better.

Advice to Management

trust your employees

2. ok

I worked at Flanders Corporation

Pros

Good hours, clean building, some people are nice

Cons

Too much favoritism, harassment. A lot of drama

Advice to Management

Get more involved with employees. Ask questions before jumping to conclusions.

Great place to work.

I worked at Flanders Corporation

Pros

I enjoyed working for Flanders Corporation because the hourly wages were very fair and there was almost unlimited opportunity for overtime.

Cons

The physical demands of the job could get a little extreme sometimes. The pace you were expected to and had to maintain was almost impossible.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would criticize at all is the lack of efficiency. The procedures in place were ineffective and time consuming.

5. Horrible

Former Employee - Boxer in Momence, IL
    Former Employee - Boxer in Momence, IL

I worked at Flanders Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People where fun to work with
    The hours where good monday-thursday

Cons

but management sucks they show favoritism no team work no room to advance they post jobs on the website and u apply or go to HR they tell u the job isn't available they are so unprofessional the line leads are nosy and messy they stand around and do nothing always in another area talking instead of doing there work I'm glad I don't work there anymore I have a better paying 15 an hour and its union....my advice this is use this job as a stepping stone for something better another thing is they have people working there that have been there for years and there still making 8.25

Advice to Management

Give everybody a chance to advance
    Pay more
    Learn how to treat peple with respect u might actually keep people
    Give a raise after six months and every year after that like everybody else

Low pay big conflicts of interest.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Flanders Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with some great managers. We have an excellent team atmosphere at our plant.

Cons

Pitiful salary, company covers no part of benefits.

Massive leaching of cash from the company. Upper management have side companies that are doing business with Flanders at 30% or more the cost to use other companies. I can not believe Insight Equities has not caught on to this by now and put a stop to it.

The good old boy club is alive and well in this company. Yes they may have offered innovation 10 or 15 years ago but their time and value are exhausted. New machine designs are based off of old ideas and stolen designs from other companies. Innovation is dead in this company as anyone with a new idea is shut down and the idea is taken to one of the outside companies then sold back to Flanders at 10x the cost.

Everything about this company is about the upper management. The workers make pennies on the dollar and work in sweat shop like conditions. They are preyed upon with fear tactics and lies. Back at the ranch the good old boys fly around in the corporate jet to the facilities and hold pointless meetings that consume time that the middle management could be using to do something beneficial and forward thinking for the company.

Advice to Management

To Harry Smith, you might be a nice guy a and all but you and your little cronies need to move on. The money you are pilfering from the coffers is the money the company needs to move forward into the future. You have made your fortune. Step aside and let those that actually have an interest in seeing this company grow and expand take over. There is no future with the current group of good old boys (10+ years). Some of the new uppers have you in their sights thankfully and are motivated to take action. Lets hope they can pull it through.

Flanders Fondlers

Former Employee - A/R in Washington, NC
    Former Employee - A/R in Washington, NC

I worked at Flanders Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An absolute disgrace of a company that attempts to highlight everything broken with Corporate America in its own little microcosm. Do you undervalue your skillset and strive to be under payed, over worked and marginalized every step of the way? Then FF is the place for you!

Cons

Have a college degree and crushing college debt? FF understands that the power of desperation during a recession will fuel you to undercut yourself and your fellow graduates. They will pay you pennies and then during your review tell you how much better you have it than people making minimum wage.

Advice to Management

I know boys will be boys and all..but for the love of god, show some standards. If you are going to treat the employee pool as a personal harem, please keep the mystery alive by peppering it with a few 7s and 8s from time to time. Your bargain basement approach to new hires coupled with Wolf of Wall Streetish appetites really ruins the fantasy for us.

8. Enjoyed the job but not enough hrs.

Current Employee - Machine Operators in Smithfield, NC
    Current Employee - Machine Operators in Smithfield, NC

I have been working at Flanders Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people and supervisors were great and a great place to work.

Cons

The hours change from working 60 hrs to 32 hrs. I need more hours.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't change nothing about the management

9. Fun and a real learning experience.

Former Employee - Tig Welder in Washington, NC
    Former Employee - Tig Welder in Washington, NC

I worked at Flanders Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A chance to enhance my skills in tig welding

Cons

The layoff situation wasn't expected.

Advice to Management

Yeah its possible.

Company run by a bunch of Good Ol' Boys Who's Main Objective is To Make Themselves Look Good.

Former Employee - Employee in Washington, NC
    Former Employee - Employee in Washington, NC

I worked at Flanders Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with lots of great people who have worked there many years and still are considered good friends.

Cons

Management has many behind the scenes deals where they actually own side businesses that do exclusive work for Flanders. Management sets unrealistic goals due to lack of knowledge of their own production capabilities. Goals and deadlines are often changed on a whim with little or no advance warning and employees are blamed for missed goals due to upper management's extreme indecisiveness.

Raises are extremely rare, even for exemplary employees with years of experience.

Employees are constantly belittled by upper management and never given a good word.

Management's work incentive for employees is threat of termination.

However, Management does have certain employees who do personal work for them on company time and are drinking buddies. For these chosen few, they can do no wrong. Drugs and alcohol consumption on the job are overlooked and if you report it to supervisors, they shrug and say they can't do anything because they didn't see it happen. I rode with one of these guys in a company vehicle and he stopped 3 times to buy 40 oz. beers and drank them all on the way back to the shop. When I reported it to his supervisor, he simply said that they all had been warned that if they get stopped for DWI, it was their own fault. Other than that, it was simply my word, so no action was taken.

All in all, it was the most crooked upper management team with the absolute worst attitude towards their employees, the worst work atmosphere, and one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had or even heard about.

Advice to Management

I don't know what kind of BS you are feeding to the new owners in order to keep up the charade, but one day it will come back to bite you in the ass. As for the new owners, they need to dig deeper and not believe everything the current upper management that was retained after the buyout is telling you. They lie to the employees and they are lying to you too.

11. Good company but losing perspective

I worked at Flanders Corporation

Pros

Great people that work for the company. Compensation is fair.

Cons

Company is putting to much time and money into R&D and not focusing on it's core strengths. Making to many management changes with personnel that have little knowledge of how to run a company.

Advice to Management

Need to focus on the strengths that made the company a solid organization

RSS Feed </> Embed