Flanders Corporation

Updated Jan 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harry Smith Jr.

Enjoyed the job but not enough hrs.

Machine Operators (Current Employee)
Smithfield, NC

I have been working at Flanders Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly people and supervisors were great and a great place to work.

ConsThe hours change from working 60 hrs to 32 hrs. I need more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wouldn't change nothing about the management

Fun and a real learning experience.

Tig Welder (Former Employee)

I worked at Flanders Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA chance to enhance my skills in tig welding

ConsThe layoff situation wasn't expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementYeah its possible.

Company run by a bunch of Good Ol' Boys Who's Main Objective is To Make Themselves Look Good.

Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Flanders Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorked with lots of great people who have worked there many years and still are considered good friends.

ConsManagement has many behind the scenes deals where they actually own side businesses that do exclusive work for Flanders. Management sets unrealistic goals due to lack of knowledge of their own production capabilities. Goals and deadlines are often changed on a whim with little or no advance warning and employees are blamed for missed goals due to upper management's extreme indecisiveness.

Raises are extremely rare, even for exemplary employees with years of experience.

Employees are constantly belittled by upper management and never given a good word.

Management's work incentive for employees is threat of termination.

However, Management does have certain employees who do personal work for them on company time and are drinking buddies. For these chosen few, they can do no wrong. Drugs and alcohol consumption on the job are overlooked and if you report it to supervisors, they shrug and say they can't do anything because they didn't see it happen. I rode with one of these guys in a company vehicle and he stopped 3 times to buy 40 oz. beers and drank them all on the way back to the shop. When I reported it to his supervisor, he simply said that they all had been warned that if they get stopped for DWI, it was their own fault. Other than that, it was simply my word, so no action was taken.

All in all, it was the most crooked upper management team with the absolute worst attitude towards their employees, the worst work atmosphere, and one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had or even heard about.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know what kind of BS you are feeding to the new owners in order to keep up the charade, but one day it will come back to bite you in the ass. As for the new owners, they need to dig deeper and not believe everything the current upper management that was retained after the buyout is telling you. They lie to the employees and they are lying to you too.

Good company but losing perspective

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Flanders Corporation

ProsGreat people that work for the company. Compensation is fair.

ConsCompany is putting to much time and money into R&D and not focusing on it's core strengths. Making to many management changes with personnel that have little knowledge of how to run a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus on the strengths that made the company a solid organization

]Labor intensive, low pay, high pressure

Electrical Designer (Former Employee)
Evansville, IN

I worked at Flanders Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Insurance, really like the ceo.

Conswork 45hrs for <40hrs pay

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to the days when you actually cared for your employees.

Bottom of barrel wages through middle management.

Bartow, FL

I have been working at Flanders Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsPretty friendly atmosphere, Very challenging environment and tons of room for improvement. Very large market share in filters and growing rapidly(possibly too rapidly)

ConsBenefits are horrible, vacation is poor at best, work hours are extremely long in the summer, Will hire ANY warm breathing body, vast pressure from upper management, Unreasonable goals with lack of support needed to reach those goals. A wage that will not get you forward in life. My wallet is in pure survival mode. This job is a stepping stone to get you bye very temporarily until you find a job that pays within the pay scale of your position. If you are thick skinned you will be ok as there is plenty of backstabbing to go around.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore automation, higher wages, better benefits, better vacation allocation and start doing background checks. That's the only way you will grow a sustained quality workforce. What you have right now is a daycare for the halfway house and the county jail. You get what you pay for in an employee sad to say, you create your own inefficiencies through the people you allow through the door.

Flanders was one poor company

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flanders Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI wish I could point out a vast array of wonderful items to look forward to at Flanders. I simply think this company was going in the wrong direction and will be better served by the new owners. Best of luck!

Cons*Poor Upper Operational Management-Mainly out of North Carolina and Ardmore, OK.
*Poor Benefits-Insurance will cost you dearly
*Poor working Conditions-Most like a 1940s sweatshop
*Earely ever wrong or willing to listen to new ideas or gather information before snap decisions.
*People were affraid of management
*Micromanage to the hilt
*Distance and Unavailable by many in upper mangement
*No idea of their reports
*Most managed down rather than up
*Some Upper Managers constantly threw others under the bus-simply unethical

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope the new company encourages upward mobility for all employees, promotes education, better funding to support education for a more robust and dedicated workforce. Looks at a bottom up approach and values the worker. Stresses change and a better work environment.

Satisfing product to market, quality, work environment, compensation.incentive while working with great people

Project Development Engineer (Former Employee)
New Bern, NC

I worked at Flanders Corporation

ProsProduct recognition in marketplace
High quality product
Good compilation of manufacturing processes
Easy to accomplish job thru environment supplied by company
Fair and reasonable work conditions to do your best job
Friendly atmosphere for open communication
Good training and advancement to match your abilities
Good facility

ConsLocation however for surrounding areas there are exciting things yo do and places to see

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue your ouystanding dedication to the advancement of tecnology in your field and your contributions to the community.

Overall it was ok.

I have been working at Flanders Corporation

ProsLearned how important filters are

ConsNot alot of opprotunity to grow.

Worked for Flanders Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flanders Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flanders Corporation CEO Harry Smith Jr. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Flanders Corporation employees.