Flashbay

Updated November 27, 2014
3.7

Jon Mais

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the best companies I've ever worked for!

I have been working at Flashbay full-time

Pros

It’s one of the best companies I have ever worked for! The people are great, friendly and supportive. The management is very easily approachable and will always listen and discuss your ideas so there are opportunities to really put stamp on things, very entrepreneurial and inspiring! All your hard work is acknowledged and well rewarded by excellent compensation packages. Great office, fun and quality social events, company’s breakfast / lunches to celebrate success are only some of the perks that come with the job. Fantastic work / life balance here that you won’t find in many companies these days. Overall great working environment, strong values and relaxed atmosphere!

Cons

There are no major cons worth mentioning.

Keep up the good work!

Great experience in young and dynamic company

I have been working at Flashbay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The commission scheme is very fair, transparent and rewarding. You get to work in small teams and will receive constant training and a very good introduction and mentoring by experienced staff. It is very easy even with little sales experience to step up and make fast progress.

Cons

No opportunities to experience other branches as the company has a very narrow portfolio.

Great sales role, uncapped earning potential

I have been working at Flashbay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This was by far the best sales job I have had. The role was telesales based and was pretty straight forward – especially considering the high earning potential. Customers call or email in expressing interest in buying USB sticks, my role was to convert the lead into a sale.

Excellent commission
    Great monthly prizes

Cons

I was unable to progress into a field sales role as the company only has telesales roles.

Keep up the commissions and prizes

Account Manager

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You'll get the job easily
    Lots of sociable people in the office
    Nice location in Fulham
    Colleagues are from all over Europe so a great mix of people

Cons

Leadership: morons who will shout at you in the office if you send a personal e-mail
    Leadership: got lucky getting into a market at stage when it was just evolving, bought some good domain names, but have no idea how to scale a business
    Leadership: they don't lead. They dictate
    Compensation: don't expect it for the first 3 months. They don't pay it for new starters regardless of how many sales you make.
    Company values: There are none.

I walked out after 6 weeks.

This is a true reflection of your business. You won't grow until you learn to lead and how to build and scale a company.

Good start of your career in sales and business development

I worked at Flashbay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

+Great bunch of young and energetic people;
    +good sales and product training;
    +team nights out were always fun

Cons

- control freaks (everything had to be under control of the CEO)
    - low chance to grow within the structure as it's very flat
    - big rotation of sales people

- be more relaxed on time keeping and cigarette breaks as people will still make your GP
    - don't let the best people go only because you personally don't like them

Don't work for Flashbay, and read the other reviews

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice tables, clean environment, some lovely people.

Cons

If you want a job where your input is heard, valued and taken on board then this is clearly not the place for you. No matter what you level you come into – whether it’s low, mid or senior management, you will always be undermined by the founders who believe they know your role better than you.

In my time at Flashbay I was constantly shocked at how most people worked subserviently in fear of losing their job. I even saw the reviews on this site and chose to ignore them, feeling I would be immune to this, assuming that the negative comments were made by negative people, but really, after being in this company, I can now vouch for them.

The founders were lucky with their idea at the time of launch, and having made their money they now feel they can control everyone, this really is big brother. The fact that they care more about the colour of their plant pots (yes, really) than staff morale should be a huge indicator that you should steer well away from this company.

Work for another company for a few weeks and then you'll understand how to treat others.

Great brand and service, but not a good place to work

Former Employee - Flashbay in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Flashbay in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is doing well, but largely due to cornering a niche in the market. Some good people. Salaries can be good.

Cons

Bizarre directors who spend their time getting involved in mundane pointless tasks.

Company wide emails get sent out listing the amount of pens people are allowed on their desks or what food can be cooked in the microwave. There's no respect for staff and they are treated as mindless idiots by the directors.

Communicate better and create a proper structure to allow the company to be run. Empower staff with trust and responsibility and you'll get a harder working company which respects you.

Simple job, easy money, bad management, not suitable for ambitious people!

I worked at Flashbay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company operates in a almost not competitive sector, only few companies are today a real competitor and this helps quite a while with sales and commissions. The Job is easy (maybe too much), 8-5, no worries, no stress. Colleagues are young, friendly and dynamic.

Cons

Like every company there is big room for improvements, here I found a controversial way to manage human resources which could be the real turnaround of the company with a empowerment mindset. Unluckily I found in the management childish behaviors and an incredible set of mistakes within the HR management.

The company grew based on a brilliant idea of the founders, today these people should leave or at least helped by professional to develop further the company.

Decent experience at Flashbay

I have been working at Flashbay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many ways to earn money if you assert yourself through commission, monthly sales prizes and trustpilot bonus scheme. I liked working in Fulham too.

Cons

Not enough company culture. The company has grown quickly and is playing catch up on a few things.

Delegate more. There are a lot of capable employees that you're not making the most of.

Flashbay? Not anymore, thanks

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to sell products, very good quality, young environment, reasonably good salaries

Cons

Managers like bullying people, no collaboration at all , no training, strictness about silly things. The Managers choose the Line down (team managers) apparently without any good reason, otherwise some of them i.e. in the Italian team would not be there! One of them, a very rude and arrogant girl, get the position straight away after the probation and having very poor results in Sales before and after! And was not the only case. Promote who deserve it and not who you like.

Try to care more about if your people are happy and you might be surprise they will start to make more money! Managers need to listening and meeting the Account Managers directly time to time and choose the Team leader not because they looks nice but because they deserve it!