Flashbay

Be The First To
Add Photos

Janet Abke

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great time working for this young, dynamic company

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlashbay is a great place to make money. The company has many team and company events which for me as a foreigner, helped me to settle down in London. The work is fast-paced and enjoyable.

ConsNot too many downsides. You are removed from receiving new leads when you take a holiday but I guess that's understandable as you need to catch up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Don't work for Flashbay, and read the other reviews

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsNice tables, clean environment, some lovely people.

ConsIf you want a job where your input is heard, valued and taken on board then this is clearly not the place for you. No matter what you level you come into – whether it’s low, mid or senior management, you will always be undermined by the founders who believe they know your role better than you.

In my time at Flashbay I was constantly shocked at how most people worked subserviently in fear of losing their job. I even saw the reviews on this site and chose to ignore them, feeling I would be immune to this, assuming that the negative comments were made by negative people, but really, after being in this company, I can now vouch for them.

The founders were lucky with their idea at the time of launch, and having made their money they now feel they can control everyone, this really is big brother. The fact that they care more about the colour of their plant pots (yes, really) than staff morale should be a huge indicator that you should steer well away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork for another company for a few weeks and then you'll understand how to treat others.

Great brand and service, but not a good place to work

Flashbay (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe company is doing well, but largely due to cornering a niche in the market. Some good people. Salaries can be good.

ConsBizarre directors who spend their time getting involved in mundane pointless tasks.

Company wide emails get sent out listing the amount of pens people are allowed on their desks or what food can be cooked in the microwave. There's no respect for staff and they are treated as mindless idiots by the directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better and create a proper structure to allow the company to be run. Empower staff with trust and responsibility and you'll get a harder working company which respects you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Simple job, easy money, bad management, not suitable for ambitious people!

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe company operates in a almost not competitive sector, only few companies are today a real competitor and this helps quite a while with sales and commissions. The Job is easy (maybe too much), 8-5, no worries, no stress. Colleagues are young, friendly and dynamic.

ConsLike every company there is big room for improvements, here I found a controversial way to manage human resources which could be the real turnaround of the company with a empowerment mindset. Unluckily I found in the management childish behaviors and an incredible set of mistakes within the HR management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company grew based on a brilliant idea of the founders, today these people should leave or at least helped by professional to develop further the company.

Decent experience at Flashbay

Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThere are many ways to earn money if you assert yourself through commission, monthly sales prizes and trustpilot bonus scheme. I liked working in Fulham too.

ConsNot enough company culture. The company has grown quickly and is playing catch up on a few things.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more. There are a lot of capable employees that you're not making the most of.

Flashbay? Not anymore, thanks

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEasy to sell products, very good quality, young environment, reasonably good salaries

ConsManagers like bullying people, no collaboration at all , no training, strictness about silly things. The Managers choose the Line down (team managers) apparently without any good reason, otherwise some of them i.e. in the Italian team would not be there! One of them, a very rude and arrogant girl, get the position straight away after the probation and having very poor results in Sales before and after! And was not the only case. Promote who deserve it and not who you like.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to care more about if your people are happy and you might be surprise they will start to make more money! Managers need to listening and meeting the Account Managers directly time to time and choose the Team leader not because they looks nice but because they deserve it!

Avoid this company if you value things like honesty, professionalism, fairness, ethics and well-being

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPossibly that it is easy getting hired, like someone else mentioned

ConsIf you read the past reviews you will notice that every negative one is closely followed by one or two very positive reviews. The reason for this is that the management have someone in the company, usually the HR, writing those. Hence, this review will probably be followed by a positive or maybe that will be too obvious.

The way the company acts on this matter is significant for the company in general. This is a company with a strong leader who acts like a dictator (who has frequent rage outbursts resulting in smashed phones), and who spends time listening to the staff’s phone calls and decide on punishments instead of dealing with the important issues of running a company. Hence, the company is ruled by arbitrary decisions, meticulous control, threats and punishments.

The mid level management are individuals who from the beginning share the company views on how to treat its staff or are weak and can easily be shaped in the same mould as the director.

There is an enormous unfairness in the company, where a few of the staff get away with everything whereas others get told of for arriving one minute late or taking the last bite of their sandwich at two minutes past eight. At one point the director removed some cutlery and bowls from the kitchen in order to stop people from having breakfast.

It usually takes about one month for new starters to realise what kind of a company they have joined. The staff turnover is extremely high and everybody that have been working in the company for more than half a year are only talking about how much they want to find another job and what the think about the so called managers.

From my years as an employee I have numerous of examples, more than I can even remember, of the strangest and frankly the most evil things this company is doing and that would make you very surprised. I can only mention a few, like without any reason taking leads from staff, threatening to fire staff without any formal ground, forbidding to leave voice mails, forbidding to keep any personal items on your desk, sweeping the managers’ suite for bugs etc.

Advice to Senior Management* Work one day under your own rules

* Do an internship/work for a normal company (maybe it would be good with some work experience other than from your own company). Although I seriously doubt that any company would employ/keep anyone of you.

* Start treating your staff like the very capable and responsible individuals they are.

* Use the knowledge and skills that your staff members possess (most of them have university degrees from various fields). But maybe you feel intimidated by that?

* Start acting like normal, polite grown ups by saying good morning, hello, have a nice weekend and Merry Christmas, to your employees.

Never work for this company... ever

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- Fairly nice location
    - You will get hired easily

Cons- The management is strict about even the most useles thing, for example come late 1 min and you get a phone call from your manager telling you off harshly (by the way the manager almost never talks to you otherwise)
    - The management doesn't care about you developing in the company, on the contrary they like people to come and go because everybody needs to be replaceable and they like to bully people, obviously much easier with new staff
    - Not a single day of holiday in the first 6 months
    - Forget about even seeing your doctor during office hours, they would let you doing that too
    - Because it's not possible to make cold calls, you can't make decent money there unless they assign you good customers (they are mostly right now assigned to old staff or they give every now and then to people they like) and you work in a market where they are doing extremely good
    - A lot of dissatisfied customers but they don't show them as they ask for review only the ones that confirm they are
    - very easy to get fired (which I guess it's understandable looking at how easy is to get hired)
    - They like to punish people. If you are out of the office sick even for one day, the following day they turn off your leads so you don't get new business in

Advice to Senior Management- Try and give people opportunities and you might get real salespeople in the company

Sales Account Manager in London

Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsInteresting and fun people work there;
    Interesting industry and dynamic environment;
    Looks good for prospective employers on the CV

ConsNothing comes to mind in terms of cons.

Very profesional and helpful with new employees - overall great place to order

Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlashbay provides a lot of training, and encourages employee growth. Its exciting to see the in-house product development that is ongoing. Also there is a rigorous training program in place to ensure that new starters can be effective from their first day working in your team

ConsThe day can be quite busy and requires attention to detail. Saying that its enjoyable to be working in a company that is growing and seems to have its best days still to come.

Worked for Flashbay? Contribute to the Community!