Fleet One

Updated May 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

George Hogan

Good to have a direction now!

Operations (Current Employee) Antioch, TN

ProsSince WEX acquired Fleet One they have moved slowly to understand the business before making impactful decisions. Sales seems to be humming, looking at a new sales stretch goal.

Corporate is starting to share long term vision for Fleet One and Nashville location (WEX South).

There has been a huge effort by GM and VP to knock down walls between departments. When the managers don't embrace the efforts, they go right to the "worker bees"... This is being noticed by the entire team and is changing the way we do things and it is great!

ConsI know doing it the right way takes time but I'd like to see us start moving to see if the direction is right or wrong, rather than researching and debating it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be daring and innovative! The All Roads card is brilliant! Don't let it die on the vine!

Dedicated employee review.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsTeamwork was a top priority.

ConsCommunication to employees is not consistent. Messages change over implementation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen the communication to employees. Consistency of information needs improvement..

Sales

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

Prospeople are like family, very helpful, outgoing and encouraging. The best by far! Benefits were decent, ongoing training and accessible support. Department management was usually available and good to go to for questions or direction.

Consmanagement what else. With the take over of WEX the internal policies are shaky and at times confused among themselves. Too many chiefs, too many changes too soon. Lots of the top tier sales people are no longer there due to crazy change in commission. Hopefully that is better now.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People to work with and good environment to grow B2B sales experience

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Antioch, TN

ProsBenefits and Compensation, nice people to work with and for!

ConsCompany is trying to grow so fast that it's having trouble keeping up with customer's demands in the OTR segment of the business. Communication from upper management is very "Top, Down" approach, rarley asking employees what we as a company could change to be a better organization- rather they make changes hastily without thinking about the effects or communicating the changes to everyone who needs to know.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice under Cons says it all.

Overall Positive

Account Executive (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsManagement is very flexible with daily tasks. You are given the opportunity to run your territory, and manage your daily workflow.

ConsVery little opportunity to grow within the company and advance your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a career path for employees to work towards. Help set realistic goals that can be achieved and a method that a salesperson can apply to achieve that.

Management does not recognize a valuable employee when they see one.

Terminal Support (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsHad good insurance, flexible time off, co-workers were ok. open communication from upper management

ConsNew opportunities are virtually non existent ever for those with graduate degrees. Employees do not feel appreciated.

Advice to Senior Managementwake up!

Not bad for a "starter" or temporary job.

Account Executive II (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe benefits are excellent (vacation/sick days, health ins, etc.) compared to most other employers these days. The work environment is clean and you are treated reasonably well. Management is very knowledgeable and ready to help when needed.

ConsThe pay. They work on a base or commission, greater of the two plan with a declining draw. The base is 24K and believe me, after 6 months, you will only be getting the base. Not because you didn't sell anything but because their commission model is flawed and they have admitted it in the past but never made any attempts to fix it. Your commissions end up equaling something like (sorry I can't remember the exact amount) .03% of each penny that your customer spends. That's right, you don't get squat for selling their fuel cards, you only get paid on how much the end user actually USES it! Then they cut that in half after your first year. Your draw starts dropping in huge increments (like, $150 per pay period) and there is no way to catch up to it in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of all, be up-front and honest in the initial interview. Let prospective employees know that this is, basically, a 25K per year job. Quit with the, "Our top earners make $$$$$!" when you know good and well that those days are over and most of those "top earners" are long gone because their commissions tanked too.
    Second, open the checkbook and readjust your commission structure. Get competetive!

Great place to start a career

Account Executive II (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

Pros-Incredible managers that know their stuff
    -Good training at least in the sales department.
    -Positive atmosphere and a good camaraderie.

Cons-No one will get rich from working there.
    -Turnover is fairly high in the sales department.
    -Since leaving I've heard it has become more "corporate".

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement new ideas to help recruit and retain good salespeople to cut down on some of the turnover. Maybe a more aggressive salary/commission structure?

I have had a positive experience

ProsVery flexible and low pressure sales job.

ConsSmall opportunity for large commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it possible to achieve quota.

I would never work for this company again.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy co-workers were very kind and eager to help me get started.

ConsI did not work there very long but I can say that the company is very unorganized and it shows. They do not know a quality employee when they see one and they are more concerned with inner office politics than they are with treating their employees with the dignity and respect they deserve. While working as a Sales Rep for the company I worked diligently to generate new business and after closing a very size-able account I was forced to split my commission as well as my quota attainment with another employee in a completely different department who had no involvement with selling the account. Management is very ego driven and because of this they would rather lose a quality employee than admit that their practices may in fact be flawed. I left shortly after and would never go back.

Worked for Fleet One? Contribute to the Community!