FleetMatics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
James M. Travers

Pros
  • Great product with great support (in 5 reviews)

• If you are willing to work hard this is a great place for you (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • MINIMUM 100 calls a day and SUPREME micro-management (in 2 reviews)

• Pressure to work longer hours than led to believe during interview process (in 2 reviews)

1. Great product and atmosphere

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product and career development for the right person. A pure sales job and uncapped earning potential. Great management team

Cons

Hard gig but worth it if you like to earn

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Recent changes in leadership have made all the difference

2. A week in and loving it here

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been told for years I need to get into sales. However, with no sales experience whatsoever, very few companies were willing to consider me. The hiring team at Fleetmatics gave me a chance when no one else would and based the interview process on my personality rather than my experience. I closed a deal within my first week there and am loving the office, the people, and the job. There is always a pathway to promotion. My fellow employees are very helpful when it comes to advice. They always have time to answer a question, and help ease you through your starting period.

Cons

While friendly, it is very competitive. I am the type of person that thrives under competition, but know you will be pushed. This isn't a bad thing at all, but it isn't for everybody.

Advice to Management

I had an employee spend significant time with me during the interview process after I invited him to golf. This really helped not only my interview process, but my development as an employee. I think it could be a good idea to do with all prospective hires in the future.

Fleetmatics Work

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is not the place for people looking for the strict/rigid corporate structure, but for someone looking to make something of themselves. Management is invested in helping you grow your career. The environment is fun but hardworking. Ages range from 20's and up, so don't expect to be the oldest or the youngest person in a room. Expect to work hard and play hard, and you'll have great success here.

Cons

Like any startup-type of environment, the processes are constantly developing, so you have to be ready to work with changes.

You are in control of your own paycheck!

Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fleetmatics is the best company in our industry to work for. I believe in the product and our customers constantly remind us that our product is a necessity for their businesses. As a business developer at Fleetmatics, you are in control of your own paycheck. Uncapped commission and unlimited opportunities for personal growth. Management is extremely supportive to those that show they care about advancing their careers. If you work hard and are self-motivated, you can and will make a great career with Fleetmatics.

Cons

As we continue to grow (fast), we could use more managers and leaders to work with reps.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate your employees, especially your top reps that have gotten the office to where we are.

I love my job

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Fleetmatics. I have been here for a little over 6 months and every day is something new and fun. The environment is awesome and the management is even better. They are constantly doing things to keep the energy up and push the employees to meet their professional and financial goals. It's a lot easier to wake up in the mornings and come to work when you actually enjoying being here. I believe in this company and our product

Cons

I don't really have any cons necessarily, the only thing I can even think to say would be that sometimes things can be a little inconsistent, but they do everything they can to relay the new changes in the fast changing/growing environment.

Advice to Management

I love all the upper management in the Charlotte. NC office. They are so helpful and fun. I know I can always go to them with my concerns. They are extremely understanding if something comes up in your personal life, and they always go above and beyond to help employees meet their goals.

7. Leadership Challenged

Former Employee - Senior Business Development in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Business Development in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at FleetMatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are nice,mainly easy to get along with. Training in Phoenix office was good and continued throughout employment there.

Cons

Upper level local management is a joke, inexperienced at best with backgrounds from menial positions with no leadership experience. Company provides a script which does not allow you to identify who you are representing to gatekeepers, encourages you to hang up on people if you don't get what you want, third grade,rookie sales tactics.

Advice to Management

Need people in management that know how to manage people as well as numbers. New management would see an increase in performance instead of the 80 percentile range.

Business Development Rep

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at FleetMatics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Oppurtunity for growth, fast pace sales team. A lot to learn there about sales overall.

Cons

Very burn and turn. If you aren't hitting your numbers you're hitting the road. Some view as good, pushes others away.

Advice to Management

N/A

9. Look somewhere else.

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time

Pros

Not many- It's a paycheck- Barely edible deli in the building.

Cons

It's a boiler room (just like the movie). They tell you that it's not telemarketing but that's all it is - pure and simple. Management is very threatening. They play favorites and force the junk they sell down the throats of unsuspecting clients. Massive office politics. Very low morale yet they make it seem like everything is wonderful. There's cursing, no professionalism, sexual talk, and the worse is that you have to lie on every outbound phone call. I've never seen so much lying in a sales situation in my career. Commissions are far and few between. It's a locker room mentality. This company has been successful by bullying and pushing around their customers and employees. I can write more cons but I'll spare you. To customers and potential candidates: STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS YOU CAN - We will screw you in the end, that's what we're taught to do.

Advice to Management

To Management: I'll I have to say is scientology doesn't work on me.

Fast paced

Pros

Fast paced fun environment in all teams.

Cons

High targets but makes you work hard.

11. Good company but stay far far away from the 2G upgrade team in Solon

Former Employee - 2G-3G Coordinator in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - 2G-3G Coordinator in Solon, OH

I worked at FleetMatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fleetmatics is a very stable company filled with very bright people. I worked for this company when it was still SageQuest and it has experienced rapid and sustained growth since being acquired by Fleetmatics. There are some very good management teams in place so do your homework and you will find yourself poised to really grow your career here.

Cons

I had two completely different experiences working for Fleetmatics. I worked for one management group that simply got it. The support department developed career paths, mentored employees and fostered an environment of working hard, working together and developing it's talent. Acquiring talent is half the battle. You also need to develop that talent in order to keep it (you will even find me saying that in a Fleetmatics company video). It was very rewarding to work for a management team that understood that. The open door policy was real and problems were met with an attitude of "let's do what's in the best interest of the customer and the business". And then there was another Fleetmatics that I would experience. Working for the 2G upgrade team made me wonder if I even worked for the same company. The management team is incompetent and nonexistent. I went weeks without even seeing the manager that I reported to. If you need any assistance across departments forget about it because nobody in the organization respects this department which is a direct reflection of the respect for the management team. Employee growth and development is shadowed by secrecy, lies, laziness and incompetency. Leadership in this department does not fit into the team, has no desire to fit into the team and frankly it is amazing that it has not changed. However it seems that it is starting to. I experience nothing short of a climate of flat out lies about numbers and promoting incompetent employees in lieu of promoting polished and proven talent. All of this in the name of job security. The workplace has no room for paranoia of your direct reports and your job security. Unfortunately this trickled to the team. Good riddance of unprofessional behavior and conduct. I went into this company bright eyed and eager and left a management team far to eager to slander my name after I left. Do yourself and your career a favor and avoid this group. Moving to this team/management group was the death of my career and a decision that I will always regret.

Advice to Management

You know what to do, replace leadershp of this team and watch talent thrive

RSS Feed </> Embed