FleetMatics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
James M. Travers

Pros
  • Great product with great support (in 5 reviews)

• If you are willing to work hard this is a great place for you (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • MINIMUM 100 calls a day and SUPREME micro-management (in 2 reviews)

• Pressure to work longer hours than led to believe during interview process (in 2 reviews)

1. Great company

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced company that isn't afraid to pay you for getting it done! Base salary and uncapped commission. Fun and completive work environment. New leadership has really helped turn a corner in the Clearwater office.

Cons

High visibility and accountability. If you don't like to be responsible for what you are doing it probably isn't a good fit for you

Advice to Management

the changes you have made since April 2015 are really making a difference.

2. Business Development Rep

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at FleetMatics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Oppurtunity for growth, fast pace sales team. A lot to learn there about sales overall.

Cons

Very burn and turn. If you aren't hitting your numbers you're hitting the road. Some view as good, pushes others away.

Advice to Management

N/A

3. Fast paced

I have been working at FleetMatics

Pros

Fast paced fun environment in all teams.

Cons

High targets but makes you work hard.

5. Good company but stay far far away from the 2G upgrade team in Solon

Former Employee - 2G-3G Coordinator in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - 2G-3G Coordinator in Solon, OH

I worked at FleetMatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fleetmatics is a very stable company filled with very bright people. I worked for this company when it was still SageQuest and it has experienced rapid and sustained growth since being acquired by Fleetmatics. There are some very good management teams in place so do your homework and you will find yourself poised to really grow your career here.

Cons

I had two completely different experiences working for Fleetmatics. I worked for one management group that simply got it. The support department developed career paths, mentored employees and fostered an environment of working hard, working together and developing it's talent. Acquiring talent is half the battle. You also need to develop that talent in order to keep it (you will even find me saying that in a Fleetmatics company video). It was very rewarding to work for a management team that understood that. The open door policy was real and problems were met with an attitude of "let's do what's in the best interest of the customer and the business". And then there was another Fleetmatics that I would experience. Working for the 2G upgrade team made me wonder if I even worked for the same company. The management team is incompetent and nonexistent. I went weeks without even seeing the manager that I reported to. If you need any assistance across departments forget about it because nobody in the organization respects this department which is a direct reflection of the respect for the management team. Employee growth and development is shadowed by secrecy, lies, laziness and incompetency. Leadership in this department does not fit into the team, has no desire to fit into the team and frankly it is amazing that it has not changed. However it seems that it is starting to. I experience nothing short of a climate of flat out lies about numbers and promoting incompetent employees in lieu of promoting polished and proven talent. All of this in the name of job security. The workplace has no room for paranoia of your direct reports and your job security. Unfortunately this trickled to the team. Good riddance of unprofessional behavior and conduct. I went into this company bright eyed and eager and left a management team far to eager to slander my name after I left. Do yourself and your career a favor and avoid this group. Moving to this team/management group was the death of my career and a decision that I will always regret.

Advice to Management

You know what to do, replace leadershp of this team and watch talent thrive

6. Poor customer support

I worked at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good solution that works well

Cons

meat grinder you are looked at as slave labor

Advice to Management

focus on helping out your people

7. Horrible sweat shop

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Clearwater, FL

I worked at FleetMatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the only pros are that you get a nominal base salary to stick out the torture and harassment you receive on a daily basis

Cons

Its a bunch of uneducated con men running the sales team and they make you ask permission to get up from your desk, you get yelled at for childish stuff, just a bunch of morons working here

Advice to Management

burn the clearwater office to the ground and start again...you have idiots with zero talent running the show

8. Fast paced, team building

I have been working at FleetMatics

Pros

Great training, have to be self-motivated and a great listener. Definitely need an entrepreneur spirit. Benefits and people are great when you have questions.

Cons

Some drama as in every company. Turnover rate is there. Not for everyone its sales. Busy busy busy not just for you but for everyone. If you dont reach your goal you may be eye-balled

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing competition is everything with this company. Continue to push people to reach their potential.

9. Must grind, great pay, people, and money.

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay if you work really hard. Base pay is solid, and the commission is virtually uncapped. the environment is great especially if you/the office does well. The people are also very fun and everyone is helpful. Such a great team atmosphere; you can ask anyone for help and more likely than not they'll give it. Last this company is expanding very rapidly and like to promote from within, so you could have a management position rather quickly if you show promise.

Cons

Only bad thing is that you cannot be scared to cold call, a lot. Minimum of 100 dials but you'll be asked to do more. Most prospects/leads have already been worked a thousand times. To be successful you need to outside prospect more than anything else. It's tough to get business owners on the phone and you will feel a lot of pressure to hit your monthly quota. Turnover rate is high.

Advice to Management

Offer more help, and understand that sometimes things are out of a reps hands.

10. Great company to be a part of!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a good base pay and the chance to earn a lot of commission, it is not capped so you make what you earn. Really good benefits, and the environment is pretty relaxed and fun.

Cons

It can be a grind, but what do you expect, it is sales. The goals from corporate are crazy high!

Yours for the taking!

Current Employee - Business Developer and Recruiting in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Business Developer and Recruiting in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fleetmatics is the 800 pound gorilla in GPS. We are the standard of GPS and nearly all other tracking companies are trying to copy what we do. Guss what? They can't! We have more patents than some tracking companies have features. Our cost is extremely competative, and we are not the cheapest. However, we provide the most value! In addition we are one of the only GPS tracking companies giving free equipment and in most cases providing free installation as well. If you have ever been in the top 25% of your salesforce there is no reason to think that you cannot do it at Fleetmatics. TOP 25% make over 6 figures. Fleetmatics is a job worth having!!!!!

Cons

It is a sales job! You are only as good as your last month!

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing....it works! You have changed lives for the better.

RSS Feed </> Embed