FleetMatics Reviews

Updated March 18, 2015
52 reviews filtered by
3.7
James M. Travers

Pros
  • Great product, great sales process, unlimited commission potential (in 5 reviews)

• If you are willing to work hard this is a great place for you (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is experiencing growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• MINIMUM 100 calls a day and SUPREME micro-management (in 2 reviews)

1. Great Sales Opportunity!

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have a great work ethic, a student mentality, an abundance mentality and a positive attitude this is the place for you! There is more than enough business to go around to everyone that works here...it is up the the hunter within to eat what he or she kills.

Cons

Not everyone will make it here. It is a sales job! It is a fact of life.

2. Pretty good

I have been working at FleetMatics

Pros

All very nice people. There is a cafe on the first floor

Cons

Communications between departments is not good, low pay, kept in the dark on a lot of things

3. Great Company and Great Product

I have been working at FleetMatics

Pros

Great people good atmosphere to work

Cons

Much like a boiler room enviroment

5. Good company, just a difficult cold-calling job

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at FleetMatics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent base salary, potential for quality earnings. Large and growing company. Great and intensive training, learn on the go. Ramp up bonus to get used to position. Purely 8 hour job

Cons

Cold Calling
    Stressful
    Hard Deadlines
    Questionable management
    Let people go before if they aren't hitting numbers before giving adequate time to grow.

Live less by the "Do what I say not what I do" Mantra. Boss consistently left hours before end of day though he came in the same time as us.

Aspiring to be a Director of a Call Center

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at FleetMatics

Pros

Wealth of quality investors and shareholders continually growing. Organically growing market. Future growth will come from developers ability to turn data into b.i. saas.

Excellent development team.

sales job for those who aspire to be a director of a call center earning between 150 & 215g

Cons

9 Directors & VP's of Sales have LEFT OR BEEN FIRED
    COMMISSION CAP & division of sales between smb, major, enterprise Biz Dev tops out at 60g. Inside Sales 120g
    Commission is different per individual, some make 25 a unit some make 100 know what your getting yourself into.
    Check your commission check, no structure or salesfoce to monitor sales beyond a month Or commission amount & difficult to rectify can take months
    Aimlessly hitting target. Boiler room. HR Nightmare. Not for green salesman. Women don't bother. Micro management. Structure changed weekly - absolutely everything from the number of calls required to whether lunch at noon or 1pm is best for activity. New Motto daily.
    No Rules of Engagement policy, After several meets with a prospective buyer anticipate fellow employee attempt to poach business.

Whatever you are doing is working

7. First wave of interns

Former Intern - Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Intern - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at FleetMatics as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The office was very open and lenient. Management always kept in contact with lower level employees. Interns had a strong voice in what they wanted to accomplish.

Cons

Lack of structure in intern program.

Continue to develop the program. Its a great way to hire within.

8. Overall good employer

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at FleetMatics

Pros

Innovative product, growing company that showed appreciation for their employees. Friendly team and low turn over rate of employees. Multi-tasking ability is a must to preform as you are expected to.

Cons

Inability to work with employees career goals if they do not coincide with benefiting the company. Feeling that you are expected to stay late to get work completed otherwise it will reflect negatively. Benefits need to be improved in a big way.

9. Not just a job a Career!

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, Great people working with you, uncapped commissions, and a true Team atmosphere. You get what you give! put 100% into everything you do here and you will go far. The only limitation you have with Fleetmatics is yourself.

Cons

None! Leadership team is great to work with, they make you feel like you are part of their Family. If you follow the blueprint you will be set up for success, if you don't follow the blueprint you will fail. Just because we have the best product on the market doesn't mean that you will succeed. You need to put the work, dedication, and effort in everyday.

Again None! Keep doing what your doing. We only know one direction up and to the right!

10. Get on board!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fleetmatics is a company that is set to become the clear industry leader when it comes to GPS vehicle tracking. Unlimited growth opportunity is there for anyone who wants it. Everyone in a management role started from an entry level position and worked their way up so they know how to make you successful. If you like fast paced sales this is a great place to be

Cons

This is a tough job and you have to do your homework to keep up. The training is great, but if you don't apply it you will struggle. I tried to reinvent the wheel when I started. As a result, I fell behind in my first 3 months. Once I started following the blue print it turned around in a big way

Management can be loyal to a fault sometimes. They will occasionally let people stick around that aren't getting it done. This can be a distraction to those of us that are trying to hit serious goals. Keep it up with the contests to keep the office buzzing and that help make it fun in the office

11. Great Product & Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great product and a must for business owners, great people and environment, you wouldn't want to sell any other product

Cons

no excuses environment, you put the work in and follow the process you will make a lot of money

FleetMatics Photos