Fleetcor

Add Photos

Fleetcor Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke

Ron Clarke

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Run and dont look back, anywhere else will be better......

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsFairly easy to get into management . Most dont care what time you come in for work. Now this is different from the sales teams here, they are treated as children and must arrive and leave at a specified time.

ConsNo raises, mafia like culture, and doesn't see the value in employees
    Very high turn over rate, long timers have only been there 4-5 years.
    Most people are fired or they quit within a 12mos time frame...

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the mafia and start over. Human capital is very important...

do your research before joining

Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosthere a nice people around

Consno pay increase policy while the company is very profitable. executives get all the benefits...

Difficult place to work

Operations (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsGood benefits, somewhat flexible hours

ConsVery combative environment. No increases. No stock purchase program. Execs are totally out of touch with employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you have other options- take it instead

Analyst, Manager (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsI think the best thing about the Cor' is its growth and further potential for success. If you are looking to get in management- probably anything other than sales will land you a position where you will not get micro-managed.

ConsForget about meeting sr. execs or being in the know unless you hustle your way through - building relationships little by little as you go. I mean we rarely see a CEO and I'm sure many people haven't seen the COO or anyone Senior period.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your employees that you consider bottom of the toddem pole like customer service. I am not in that area, but many complaints about the company stem from service. And those service people are under paid, under valued, and shoved in a crappy building down the street from the fancy corporate office.

Record earnings but no annual raises

Risk (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsCertain departments offer flexible hours and the ability to work from home as needed.

ConsCurrently, there are no annual raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement annual reviews/raises. With the profits the company makes each quarter, you should be able to share it with the employees and not just the stockholders.

okay

Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosokay place to receive a pay check

Consunethical, ceo out of touch, low pay

Advice to Senior Managementget off high horse

Challenging culture. Low respect for associates and customers

Vice President (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsGenerally speaking there are some talented and helpful people trying hard to make a difference for a better company; fear of failure and consequence is performance driver. The company has an impressive track record of acquisitive growth, and continues to expand globally.

ConsExpect constant criticism; No respect for work; Loyalty to employees is a rare commodity; No job security for middle management, director level positions. Product development is minimal; low innovation; very basic business model with overly complicated pricing plans that can be confusing.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsIt's sales so you will make more money then some ppl. Bonuses seem to pop up just at the right time. (not often enough)

ConsThe only place to make decent money is in sales. There is no annual increase, company feels like the different departments are not a team. Benefits could be better as well as base pay. Company went public and did not give employees the option to buy in. Only the execs had that option. They will hire someone off the street on occasion instead of hiring within. Company needs to take care of their employees.. Build moral

Advice to Senior ManagementAnnual increase in pay, team building, more bonuses

My Experience At Fleetcor Has Been Very Dysfunctional

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsIt is in a relatively stable industry and the company is making lots of money, it pays the bills (marginally), they are lean and have not had any workforce reductions in my time there. Lastly, they offer lots of health wellness education for those that need it. Other than that Fleetcor does nothing more than provide a plain old job.

ConsThe culture here is very dysfunctional - lacks structure/organization. Communication from executive leadership is completely non-existent. The company is extremely disorganized and executes every new initiative poorly. Human Resources has more power than managers and executives. Company vendors are pathetic and not held accountable. The company is unethical. They do not give employees regular feedback on performance...perhaps that's because the company does not complete merit reviews - you will never get a raise, regardless of how hard you work or how well you perform - Who does that, especially when the company is making so much $$$? This breeds mediocre performance. Most of the middle managers and (especially the sales people) are lazy and incompetent. The culture is very reactive versus proactive. Benefits are sub-par if you have ever worked for an established company. No formal bonus structure is in place, although some people may be given one at the end of the year if they are liked. Half of the people across the entire organization are rude and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if given a chance. Culture is resistant to change and just wants to do things in the a$$ backward ways it's accustomed to doing them. No one is held accountable for anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhew...where do I start? Well you can start by reading the Cons above. 95% of your employees don't even know who you are. You don't communicate with them and it appears as though you don't believe employees are stakeholders of the corporation. That's a fundamental difference in what I believe. We don't know what the company's strategic plans/goals are because you never tell us. How do you expect the business units to align their activities to goals when you have not even shared the goals with them? You seriously need to reconsider the "no raise/merit increase" policy. When you do this, inflation increases the cost of living and it erodes your employees income, of course you know that, because you're smart and you're the boss. The brightest, most talented people will not stick around long under this policy. For crying out loud, Fleetcor is a public company now, it's time to start acting like one.

GROWING COMPANY-- GREAT BENEFITS & FUN ENVIRONMENT

Middle Management (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsFleetCor is a company that has grown tremendously. It has several locations through the US and worldwide, therefore there is ALOT of room for growth. New positions are always popping up on the intranet. The sales team always gets rewarded for their achievements and customer service reps are not treated like lower class citizens. The sales division has a "Presidents Club" where top performers get to go away to a nice vacation (outside of the us) with their significant other-ALL COMPANY PAID. If you work hard you will get rewarded for your valued contributions. Not only do they reward top performers but the HR Team is doing an excellent job in their wellness initiatives. For the past 2 years they have been doing Weight Watchers (paid for by the company) and several employees have lost weight. Last year they had a boot camp class where several employees participated and they all seemed to enjoy it. Prizes are always being raffled off to the staff at all the locations and they are really trying to make it into a fun and healthy life style living atmosphere. I do enjoy working here and I would definitely recommend it to others.

The Human Resources Team really cares about its employees. They are very approachable and helpful. They do alot with the wellness program and the fun events in the office. I feel valued at FleetCor.

ConsYearly increases would be nice but unfortunately at the moment this is not the case but I do believe things are going to be better in 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give feedback on your employees. Make them feel valued and appreciated.

Worked for Fleetcor? Contribute to the Community!