Fleetcor Reviews

Reset
1.9
Fleetcor Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke
Ron Clarke

Pros
  • Good benefits, somewhat flexible hours (in 3 reviews)

• The company has good benefits and that is about all (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Rediculously low pay and unethical corporate execs (in 4 reviews)

• Customer service doesn't always take care of the customer first so it's easy to quickly lose business (in 3 reviews)

A company that only benefits the executives

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good people that work there and some good managers. I had a great team and manager. My manager also allowed me a flexible work schedule and working from home when I needed to. There are also some company sponsored events. The benefits are average for the most part. The company has grown a lot over the last ten years.

Cons

In a word, raises. The CEO cashed in $40 million in stock last year putting him on the list of the top 10 highest paid CEOs, but the company does not give raises. Also, the 401k match is a lousy 1%. The top executives became millionaires virtually overnight when the company went public in 2010. The company breaks its own profit records every year, but the employees who do the work for the company get nothing. No raises, no stock options, nothing to motivate anyone to do a great job. Then the IT budget was slashed and the developers and QA got outsourced to India. Also, one of the senior IT managers is temperamental, hostile and uses fear of reprisal to motivate people to work.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and allow them to share in the success of the company. The company didn't become a multi-billion dollar company just because of the executives. Everyone had a hand in it, so everyone should get to share in the success.

Jun 4, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review. You have some valid points about our company. We do offer several company sponsored events such as bowling, golf and tennis leagues, mid-year and year-end events and ... More

Worst Job Ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

None, None, None, None, None!!

Cons

They are not honest with their employees or their customers

Advice to Management

Learn how to rest your employees

Jul 20, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

When we receive an unfavorable review we take it extremely serious. We understand we cannot please every person in every aspect of business but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t like to. Although we ... More

Worst Company, Bad HR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

Company is solid and prospect of the company is average

Cons

Senior management is dishonest, don't give care about people, honesty and ethics

Jun 17, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review. Since you are still a current employee the first thing I would suggest is come and speak with someone in Human Resources about your complaints. I honestly believe the HR ... More

Terrible Place to Work! Do Not Consider Working at FleetCor!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are helpful and eager to work as a team.

Cons

The Senior Management Team lacks integrity and ethics. They run the company without being concerned about how employees are treated. The senior executives only care about generating revenue. The morale is extremely low and turnover in the Sales Organization is 80%. In most Sales Organizations there is unlimited income opportunity. Well, not at FleetCor! The executives constantly change the compensation plan, making it impossible to earn a high salary, which totally contradicts why most people work in sales. Also, since management lacks integrity, the Sales Reps do not know what their commission will be until days after they receive their pay checks. Management runs company like a mill and believes that terminating employees is the only solution in all circumstances. Management does not invest dollars, resources, or effective coaching methods to assist employees and could care less about putting employees on the road to success.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees in the Sales Organization. Do not give false information about earning potential. Treat employees with respect and demonstrate that you actually care about employees and their success in the organization. Empower employees and apply fair business practices to everyone in the company.

Jun 8, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review of FLEETCOR. We welcome criticism both externally and internally. The criticism allows us to improve in every aspect of business. FLEETCOR is as dedicated to the success of ... More

“Poor management, dysfunctional Work environment and no room for growth ”

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The healthcare benefits are great . It's a paycheck .

Cons

No room for growth. Dubious business practices. Management divides more than it unites it's teams. Leadership is very poor, unreliable and shaky. One senior leader can not put a sentence together unless he is saying expletives . It's actually pretty funny , like Jim Neighbors when he sings . No raises, abusive language , bi-polar people , and communist tactics are to be expected at this place of employment . Outsourced jobs to India that Americans were doing just fine at .

Advice to Management

The leadership team is the most important asset of the company and can be its worst liability. To paraphrase Tolstoy, All successful companies are successful for different reasons, but dysfunctional companies are dysfunctional in the same way. The failure to succeed by many with high hopes at FleetCor was not the lack of business knowledge, but rather negative internal politics and uneducated leadership.

Completely unethical company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck... You will feel slimy when you click out but it is a check. Expect no development discussions, reviews or annual raises.

Cons

Boiler room environment. Company changes customer terms with little or no notice. Loves the customer who doesn't bother to check their bill as they screw them over with crazy levels of fees that more than wipe out all promised savings.

Advice to Management

Get a good attorney... At some point some state or attorney general is going to hammer you for your late fees. This has to be illegal!

Worst company that has ever employed me.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really, there are no pros.

Cons

This company persecutes its employees and its customers.

Jun 8, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I wish you would have gone into more detail about your tenure with us. We in HR work hard to make sure all employees needs and contributions are ... More

The worst company I have ever worked for

I worked at Fleetcor

Pros

The pay was generally good, anything I ever needed from human resources dealing with my benefits or direct deposit was always in a timely manner.

Cons

The management. They did not care about the employees, were rude and not helpful. Some of the supervisors didnt even know things and failed to get the correct answers.

Advice to Management

Fire your whole management team in customer care, and hire new employees.

The worst inside sales job.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned much about the fuel card industry.

Cons

Pay structure, very bias company, management showed favoritism to certain reps.

Advice to Management

Create a fair playing field instead for hand feeding leads to certain reps.

Sales / account mgr

Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

Laid back environment helpful Coworkers great company activities like Bowling, tennis,golf, spades tournament, boot camp, and football leagues

Cons

Political it's all about who you know... only 1 person one on every team will make their quotas and that's because that one person is getting fed leads... unprofessional sales reps, lots of profanity used on the floor. Majority of your sales are self sourced... the company gets paid by charging customers extremely high fees which are not disclosed doing the initial process to the customer.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page.. why feed only one sales rep why not feed your entire team and distribute the leads evenly... it looks extremely obvious when you only have one person on a team getting paid while the rest are struggling..

RSS Feed </> Embed