Fleetcor Reviews

Ron Clarke

1. Great Up and Coming Internship Program

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Norcross, GA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor as an intern

Pros

Learned a lot of technical skills (SQL and Excel work); great smart people

Cons

Still somewhat lean and unstructured. Expected to learn on the job on your own a lot.

2. Liked alot

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was compensated well and liked the hours. Able to find own sales leads. Very friendly environment. Everyone helpful and nice.

Cons

Since was business to business, Didnt get alot of potential customer contact on fridays. Felt didnt need to stay on Fridays past two oclock.

3. Success is rewarded

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been growing quickly, and with growth has lots of opportunities for advancement. Ideas (real ideas, not whining about what time you need to come in or whether or not someone is listening to gripes) are considered and acted on. The recently implemented review process has been well received.

Cons

The company is very thin organizationally and is growing fast. Therefore, many of the "big company" type functions (IT, HR) are undersized and need to become better capable of supporting a business this size.

5. Hard work gets rewarded

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and show results, you will be rewarded at FleetCor. I work with a bunch of very bright individuals in a collaborative environment. The company does a great job of incorporating change and adapting quickly. If you're someone who wants to be challenged and given the sovereignty to try new things, this is a great company.

Cons

There is currently no formal annual review process in place for exempt employees, but I have heard that one will be in place shortly. Employer 401k matching could be better.

6. Growing Company with Potential if you work hard

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've meet a lot of really smart people at Fleetcor and the at not shy about sharing their honest opinions. People work hard and focus on the tasks at hand not petty bickering. Also, the company is growing quickly and I believe there will be a lot of opportunity in the future.

Cons

If you don't perform well it will be difficult to hide. 401(k) does not have a strong employer match.

Make sure you spend with time with employees to let them know they are valued.

GROWING COMPANY-- GREAT BENEFITS & FUN ENVIRONMENT

Current Employee - Middle Management in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

FleetCor is a company that has grown tremendously. It has several locations through the US and worldwide, therefore there is ALOT of room for growth. New positions are always popping up on the intranet. The sales team always gets rewarded for their achievements and customer service reps are not treated like lower class citizens. The sales division has a "Presidents Club" where top performers get to go away to a nice vacation (outside of the us) with their significant other-ALL COMPANY PAID. If you work hard you will get rewarded for your valued contributions. Not only do they reward top performers but the HR Team is doing an excellent job in their wellness initiatives. For the past 2 years they have been doing Weight Watchers (paid for by the company) and several employees have lost weight. Last year they had a boot camp class where several employees participated and they all seemed to enjoy it. Prizes are always being raffled off to the staff at all the locations and they are really trying to make it into a fun and healthy life style living atmosphere. I do enjoy working here and I would definitely recommend it to others.

The Human Resources Team really cares about its employees. They are very approachable and helpful. They do alot with the wellness program and the fun events in the office. I feel valued at FleetCor.

Cons

Yearly increases would be nice but unfortunately at the moment this is not the case but I do believe things are going to be better in 2012.

Continue to give feedback on your employees. Make them feel valued and appreciated.

Survival of the Fittest: a place where you will get rewarded if you prove your value.

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

FleetCor is a pleasant place to work. People are kind and respectful for the most part, however it is an entrepreneurial atmosphere to the extreme. Top performers are rewarded handsomely, but you must prove your value and ask for it.

Cons

The lack of formal processes for many things, including annual reviews, is quite atypical and can be off-putting to people accustomed to them. I don’t know why the company doesn’t do traditional reviews, but the review process is much simpler: if you hit your plan, you “win” if not you don’t… I don’t miss them too much, because my experience at other companies was these were typically formal BS where you’d get jammed into some matrix.

Given the clear desire to not have a formal review process, the company should create some sort of feedback mechanism for no other reason than to ensure people who are being communicated to via regular management processes get spoke to on a regular basis. Also, make performance based raises more overt and planned for: “if you do X, Y and Z, we will give you a raise of $$$.”

CSR Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy Job, No Micro Management, Laid Back
    I honestly really enjoy the company I have been there almost 2 years!

Cons

Not Easy to Move Up With in Company

Promote Within more Frequently

10. Lot's of Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is lots of opportunity for growth here. A great Executive team is in place and they welcome ideas and testing new programs. Hard work and success is regularly recognized and rewarded. There are regular fun events that are planned for the entire company.

Cons

There is currently no discounted stock purchase program and the 401k match could be higher.

Good place to work

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

It's sales so you will make more money then some ppl. Bonuses seem to pop up just at the right time. (not often enough)

Cons

The only place to make decent money is in sales. There is no annual increase, company feels like the different departments are not a team. Benefits could be better as well as base pay. Company went public and did not give employees the option to buy in. Only the execs had that option. They will hire someone off the street on occasion instead of hiring within. Company needs to take care of their employees.. Build moral

Annual increase in pay, team building, more bonuses