Fleetcor Reviews

Reset
2.2
Fleetcor Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke
Ron Clarke

Pros
  • Good benefits, somewhat flexible hours (in 3 reviews)

• The company has good benefits and that is about all (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Rediculously low pay and unethical corporate execs (in 4 reviews)

• Customer service doesn't always take care of the customer first so it's easy to quickly lose business (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Analyst Role

I worked at Fleetcor part-time

Pros

Excellent group of people who are very intelligent and great at what they do. Learned invaluable skills and experiences.

Cons

Longer hours during major deals and the pay is on the lower end of the spectrum but stock makes up for that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and be sure to reward your employees with the success of the company.

Fleetcor Response

Jun 22, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased you mentioned our people because we pride ourselves in the strength of our population. We employ some of the brightest and most talented in our field. One of ... More

2. Work is what you make it!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love the people I work with. I've been here for almost 5yrs and my co-workers are like family. It's a good feeling when you work around enough people that you can trust will help you in any way possible. The earning potential is definitely there, and progressively gets better, depending on how hard your drive is.

Cons

There's a lot of multi-tasking involved in my daily routine here, and I appreciate the fact that there's always something constructive to do, that ultimately adds to the bottom line of my pay. But there are some channels here, as with any company I've ever worked for, that could use a bit more guidance or restructuring. The company is always forward-moving with its continued rapid growth, and that's just the growing pains you have as technology causes us to step beyond our scope.

Advice to Management

The company carried the theme this year to educate their employees more. Making them stronger in their position, more successful in their roles, and improved on overall performance. I started out my corporate career with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, where they strongly practiced Employee development. This simple concept was not only cost-efficient, but very effective. The skills I gained from the following jobs, never compared to what I was able to give back to the companies I work for. By learning to not just be the best on the team, but understand how to make my team better, this practice have earned me much success and well deserved respect through my career. So I can definitely appreciate working for a company that is No. 1 in its Industry, and they still practice the fundamental concept of investing into their employees.

3. Feecor!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible time off, benefits, good people.

Cons

Has the likeness of a boiler room with the high fees that are tacked on to invoices.

Advice to Management

STOP BEING SO GREEDY!

5. Good pay but boring

Pros

Good visibility within the company and has good pay

Cons

Work is not fulfilling and at times there is not much to do

6. Learn to share the success

Former Employee - Analyst in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very profitable company for past few years. okay benefits. That's pretty much it

Cons

Executives are blood thirsty animals who don't care about their employees or customers. All of them make millions every year but they hate to share it with other lower level employees. Most of the call center and sales reps are not happy but nobody cares! IT is highly incompetent and very disorganized.

Advice to Management

At least try to retain your employees. Appreciate their work and reward them.

7. Great Company

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time

Pros

Great career potential because of acquisition

Cons

Going through growing pains because of acquisition

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They do the day to day work.

8. Acquire and Fire

Former Employee - Billing Associate
    Former Employee - Billing Associate

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work alongside are some of the best and brightest people with strong self-motivation.

Cons

Compensation is horrible for long hours. HR communication is terrible at best. Any company communication is poorly planned. They acquire companies to fire half the employees, doubling the work, then don't give raises (haven't had a raise since I started working there).

Advice to Management

Engage with the employees who do the day-to-day work so you can understand how much work you doubled on us and how poorly you're paying us. Most of us are doing what's outside of our job roles for less pay than our job roles offer at other places.

9. Account Manager

Former Employee - Sales/Account Manager in Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Sales/Account Manager in Snellville, GA

I worked at Fleetcor (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job nothing more.

Cons

Run in the other direction

Advice to Management

Jump out the window of the top floor head first.

10. The Worst Sales Organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at FleetCor afforded me the opportunity to make great connections and lasting friendships...a great community of people who support each other.

Cons

The Sales Organization is poorly ran and does not foster success and growth for the employees. The greed of senior management translates into finding every imaginable way to not fairly compensate the sales force. Also, senior management supports unethical practices that directly impact how sales teams achieve quota. If you are looking to work for a world class sales organization, scratch FleetCor off your list.

Advice to Management

Completely overhaul the sales organization, starting with the SVP. Benchmark some successful sales organizations and actually execute on your findings. Look at fairly compensating your employees and position them for growth. Lastly, as the success of the company is realized, allow that success to shine on those in the trenches that make it happen every day.

11. Solid internship. good experience

Pros

You are exposed to many groups during your time

Cons

Sometimes the workplace seems disorganized and it's not for everybody

Fleetcor Response

Jul 7, 2015 – Global Communications & Training Manager

We are thrilled you enjoyed your internship with FLEETCOR. The great thing about FLEETCOR is we realize our corporate strength lies within our people. We are as dedicated to the success of our people ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed