Fleetcor Reviews

Updated September 28, 2014
2.6

Fleetcor Chairman and CEO Ron Clarke
Ron Clarke

Pros
  • Somewhat flexible hours for worker ants (in 3 reviews)

• Nothing except a pay check and I only say this to meet the 5 word minimum (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Currently, there are no annual raises (in 6 reviews)

• unethical, ceo out of touch, low pay (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a place to grow your career

I worked at Fleetcor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not sure if there is any

Cons

Working here itself is a challenge

Is there any management?

IT professional

I worked at Fleetcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You still see many nice people around ...

Cons

One would soon became aware that he/she got into the wrong place to work at soon after employed. One of my teammates started looking for new job in 2 weeks after joined the company due to the unfriendly environment. So, run and never come back; or do enough research before you decide to join...

So many layers of dictatorship and evaluation parties toward your professional work in this IT department - a few VPs/managers seem never happy with anyone's work; plus, the direct reporting manager dares not to stand by your side, one would soon become burnout of the environment. The result is that new people come in and leave soon.

One word to the management team, almost all of the IT professionals are dedicated and strive to gain a feeling of achievement thru their hard/talent work, however, if they found that there is not a good environment for them to do so, they would have to choose to leave. My experience told me that you cannot get a decent working environment at FleetCor due to the incapability of the managers.

The CEO should really train his IT managers - especially the senior managers - to behave properly. If a manager is not capable to adequately make use of the team members' talents, rather, can only show his/her bossy (but non-professional) attitude and criticism, you become the loser since you cannot keep the dedicated professional working for the company.

Overworked and under appreciated.

Former Employee - IT Support  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - IT Support in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fellow employees are friendly and supportive.

Cons

IT is spread too thin and everyone knows it. No problem, just work 60+ hour weeks and it will all be fine. There is a lot of favoritism in the IT department, if you aren't part of the "old guard" that came from ADP then you will never truly fit in. Successes are ignored and failures are not tolerated.

Start doing some actual management instead of depending on your employees to make all the decisions for you. Realize that not all projects will be delivered perfect and that sometimes things just break. Stop the witch hunts after every outage, it is demoralizing and isn't good for the business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Liked alot

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was compensated well and liked the hours. Able to find own sales leads. Very friendly environment. Everyone helpful and nice.

Cons

Since was business to business, Didnt get alot of potential customer contact on fridays. Felt didnt need to stay on Fridays past two oclock.

Success is rewarded

Current Employee - Director, Marketing  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has been growing quickly, and with growth has lots of opportunities for advancement. Ideas (real ideas, not whining about what time you need to come in or whether or not someone is listening to gripes) are considered and acted on. The recently implemented review process has been well received.

Cons

The company is very thin organizationally and is growing fast. Therefore, many of the "big company" type functions (IT, HR) are undersized and need to become better capable of supporting a business this size.

Cold and Detached Senior Management

I worked at Fleetcor full-time

Pros

Smart, dedicated employees; very capable and diversified, mid-level management very caring and dedicated. Team effort displayed by front line employees and a commitment to "do the right thing to get the job done".

Cons

Senior management and corporate officers are detached and unmotivating. No feedback or consulation from mid-level to front line employess accepted willingly to help improve business or processess. Senior level management has unrealistic expectations and no understanding of process impacts.

Listen to your mid-level and frontline employees more, develop an open door policy and be willing to listen and accept change recommendations.

Employees are under valued and company is stressful....stay away!!!

Former Employee - Manager  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Acceptable culture regarding employee engagement

Cons

Stressful working environment, crazy release schedule, a lot of weekend and extra day work. Management is a joke and there is way too much favortism that goes on.

I have no advice to upper management because they don't listen nor do they care. I was never so happy to turn my badge in. Employees are tired of the overtime and all the B.S. management put them through.

Nice place to work

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time

Pros

People you work with are smart and highly talented. Work challenges and motivates you a lot. Lots of fun activities all through the year.

Cons

Benefits can be better. 401k, stock purchasing options. Human Resouce team is the most powerful department.

Formal reviews and merit increases need to be place for motivating employees better. Need for taking some control on how to manage things better for your teams from Human Resource.

Hard work gets rewarded

Current Employee - Manager  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you work hard and show results, you will be rewarded at FleetCor. I work with a bunch of very bright individuals in a collaborative environment. The company does a great job of incorporating change and adapting quickly. If you're someone who wants to be challenged and given the sovereignty to try new things, this is a great company.

Cons

There is currently no formal annual review process in place for exempt employees, but I have heard that one will be in place shortly. Employer 401k matching could be better.

Lot's of Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is lots of opportunity for growth here. A great Executive team is in place and they welcome ideas and testing new programs. Hard work and success is regularly recognized and rewarded. There are regular fun events that are planned for the entire company.

Cons

There is currently no discounted stock purchase program and the 401k match could be higher.

Worked for Fleetcor? Contribute to the Community!