Fleetcor Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

A company that only benefits the executives

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good people that work there and some good managers. I had a great team and manager. My manager also allowed me a flexible work schedule and working from home when I needed to. There are also some company sponsored events. The benefits are average for the most part. The company has grown a lot over the last ten years.

Cons

In a word, raises. The CEO cashed in $40 million in stock last year putting him on the list of the top 10 highest paid CEOs, but the company does not give raises. Also, the 401k match is a lousy 1%. The top executives became millionaires virtually overnight when the company went public in 2010. The company breaks its own profit records every year, but the employees who do the work for the company get nothing. No raises, no stock options, nothing to motivate anyone to do a great job. Then the IT budget was slashed and the developers and QA got outsourced to India. Also, one of the senior IT managers is temperamental, hostile and uses fear of reprisal to motivate people to work.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and allow them to share in the success of the company. The company didn't become a multi-billion dollar company just because of the executives. Everyone had a hand in it, so everyone should get to share in the success.

Jun 4, 2015Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review. You have some valid points about our company. We do offer several company sponsored events such as bowling, golf and tennis leagues, mid-year and year-end events and ... More

2. Analyst

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

Good benefits and hard working coworkers

Cons

Raises are hard to come by

Advice to Management

Annual raises

Jun 4, 2015Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see when someone is happy with our company. Did you know FLEETCOR has completely absorbed any increase in health insurance costs over the last 7 years and ... More

Poor Company To Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They sure do know how to make and protect their money. They are constantly acquiring other companies.

Cons

Very shady benefits. No opportunity for growth. No transparency within the company. Did not receive a pay raise or promised bonus is almost 3 years of employment.

Advice to Management

Actually try to speak with lower employees instead of passing every single order down the management pyramid. At least attempt to make your employees happy by providing small amenities and not linger over their heads that they can be easily replaced or let go at anytime.

Jun 4, 2015Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your experience with us was poor.

Although we do not have the best benefits on the planet (I'm sure some company, somewhere, provides free benefits to their
    ... More

IT Slave

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

You get a paycheck. That is really about it as this place really sucks.

Cons

The con list is huge! The CEO and CIO do not respect their employees. The CEO calls IT "bad calories" and has no interest in investing money in any IT project. Most FTE jobs are being outsourced. Layoffs everywhere even though the CEO is raking in $40 million a year. You get no stock options, no bonus plan, horrible 401k match and really expensive medical coverage. No raises and no employee reviews. People who are in VP positions have no experience leading an organization this size. If you are an IT professional run away from this place.

Advice to Management

Just fix everything I mentioned in the cons.

Terrible Place to Work! Do Not Consider Working at FleetCor!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are helpful and eager to work as a team.

Cons

The Senior Management Team lacks integrity and ethics. They run the company without being concerned about how employees are treated. The senior executives only care about generating revenue. The morale is extremely low and turnover in the Sales Organization is 80%. In most Sales Organizations there is unlimited income opportunity. Well, not at FleetCor! The executives constantly change the compensation plan, making it impossible to earn a high salary, which totally contradicts why most people work in sales. Also, since management lacks integrity, the Sales Reps do not know what their commission will be until days after they receive their pay checks. Management runs company like a mill and believes that terminating employees is the only solution in all circumstances. Management does not invest dollars, resources, or effective coaching methods to assist employees and could care less about putting employees on the road to success.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees in the Sales Organization. Do not give false information about earning potential. Treat employees with respect and demonstrate that you actually care about employees and their success in the organization. Empower employees and apply fair business practices to everyone in the company.

Jun 8, 2015Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for your review of FLEETCOR. We welcome criticism both externally and internally. The criticism allows us to improve in every aspect of business. FLEETCOR is as dedicated to the success of ... More

“Poor management, dysfunctional Work environment and no room for growth ”

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The healthcare benefits are great . It's a paycheck .

Cons

No room for growth. Dubious business practices. Management divides more than it unites it's teams. Leadership is very poor, unreliable and shaky. One senior leader can not put a sentence together unless he is saying expletives . It's actually pretty funny , like Jim Neighbors when he sings .

No raises, abusive language , bi-polar people , and communist tactics are to be expected at this place of employment .

Outsourced jobs to India that Americans were doing just fine at .

Advice to Management

The leadership team is the most important asset of the company and can be its worst liability. To paraphrase Tolstoy, All successful companies are successful for different reasons, but dysfunctional companies are dysfunctional in the same way. The failure to succeed by many with high hopes at FleetCor was not the lack of business knowledge, but rather negative internal politics and uneducated leadership.

Completely unethical company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck... You will feel slimy when you click out but it is a check. Expect no development discussions, reviews or annual raises.

Cons

Boiler room environment. Company changes customer terms with little or no notice. Loves the customer who doesn't bother to check their bill as they screw them over with crazy levels of fees that more than wipe out all promised savings.

Advice to Management

Get a good attorney... At some point some state or attorney general is going to hammer you for your late fees. This has to be illegal!

Worst company that has ever employed me.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really, there are no pros.

Cons

This company persecutes its employees and its customers.

Jun 8, 2015Global Communications & Training Manager

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I wish you would have gone into more detail about your tenure with us. We in HR work hard to make sure all employees needs and contributions are ... More

Not the best company to work for.....

I have been working at Fleetcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just saying you have a job Thats all its worth.Learn all you can learn about account management and move on to the next oppurtunity.Ther are better enviroments out there with better pay,process,and structure.

Cons

Take heed to what Im telling you.First of all the base pay is the lowest in the account management field.They will offer 30-35K per year in which the norm is at least over 45k plus No stock options for employees One of the few publicy traded companies that dont offer this.No wonder the company makes alot of money Its only offered to upper management and executives.They dont supply you with any real-time leads.You are basically self-sourcing your own business.You have to do your own marketing,sales account management,sometimes collecting on accounts that have not fueled.The enviroment is un professional.The customer service and process for your clients is horrible making for a stressful day. To many times your customers are going to complain about billing,customer service and why is the process of getting the cards slow.Yes there are certain reps getting fed leads .Each team is allotted one or two people on the team to get in house leads.Lots of favortism no equal playing field. True theres always only one person on the team always seems to make goal.YOU WONDER WHY????. The products Fleetcor fuel card products are not as competitive with other fuel card companies .The companies claims to have no hidden fees but there are hidden fees, astronomical late fees. galore Your client gets late with payment after 1 lousy day.The cards will be shut off for 7 days.Leaving your client in limbo with fueling there vehicles.Some will stop using your card all together because they get fed up with the fees and,lousy customer service.The percentage of commisions or bonus is low.with a high quota making it hard for you too make money.Plus you only keep the account for 10 weeks In which as a so called account manager for this company you should have the account for the time you are employed with the company.After 10 weeks the company makes all the money.Its designed to keep you grinding and ginding and more grinding for more accounts in which it will eventually burn yourself out from the stress Upper management does not have your best interest at heart. No ongoing training or pratices to make you successful. After 2 weeks of initial training period which only scratches the surface of what realistically you are going to deal with when you get on the floor its kind of like they just throw you out there with no guidance on proper processes to make you successful.You are basically on your own.If you decide to take this position as a account manager.Learn all you can learn and MOVE ON!!

Advice to Management

.Take accountability of your people of there knowledge and ideals to make things better. Fight for your people,stand up for whats right and not treat them them like children. Respect goes a long way.Dont favortise.Because that person that you felt that failed in measuring up to your standards of what a successful rep is suppose to be.That means the management failed aswell.

The worst company I have ever worked for

I worked at Fleetcor

Pros

The pay was generally good, anything I ever needed from human resources dealing with my benefits or direct deposit was always in a timely manner.

Cons

The management. They did not care about the employees, were rude and not helpful. Some of the supervisors didnt even know things and failed to get the correct answers.

Advice to Management

Fire your whole management team in customer care, and hire new employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed