Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Updated January 12, 2015
Updated January 12, 2015
4.1

Skip Fox

Pros
  • For the most part, it was a very well organized work environment, managers use Hotschedules to make the schedules online, making shift swaps very easy (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to learn about the essence of customer service (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management support is subjective, at best (in 3 reviews)

• There is absolutely no downside to working for Maeve or for serving the upscale guests who frequent Maeve's restaurant (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

GREAT career move.

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Pros

Fun environment, great food quality, plenty of support from regional manager and home office. Competitive salary with bonuses. The restaurant keeps in trend with what is contemporary. Unlike other large companies you know and meet the President and V.P. of the company. You have monthly video calls with the corporate office and the most Senior managers and director's in the company. It is really nice to know these people by name and they are available for questions and feedback.

Cons

Restaurant management is a stressful job. You will work late hours and holidays.

Current Server Florida

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked in restaurants for years, and you would be hard pressed to find another restaurant establishment that earns you the kind of good money that you make here. Very little side work and they make a great steak.

Cons

In the two plus years that I have worked for this establishment, I notice the increasing need to pack the people in. I understand the need to keep guests coming, but for the quality of service that's meant to be provided, it has become a quantity over quality restaurant. Nothing fine dining about it, not anymore.

Show a greater appreciation for your team and really listen to what they have to say.

Bartender

Former Employee - Bartender
    Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Pros

Great people
    Training/Support
    Food and Wine selection

Cons

Frequent change in management
    Company goals not clearly defined

Offer sales based incentives

Overall an organized and enjoyable place to work at.

Former Employee - Bus Boy in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Bus Boy in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good money for a college student, flexible hours, energetic and knowledgable managers, room for growth and employee meals!

Cons

Promotions take commitment to company

Ok company for side job

Former Employee - Hostess in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Tampa, FL

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hours
    Friendly People
    Nice area
    Good Food
    Good amount of responsibility

Cons

Management
    No room for growth
    uniform

Take time to understand your employees

Great people

Former Employee - Hostess in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess in Houston, TX

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

High energy, professional, great team.

Cons

Low pay for hostesses for a nice restaurant.

Overall great place to work, especially if you want to make more money than the average restaurant.

Current Employee - Hostess in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Hostess in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people were really cool, and for the most part the managers were laid back expect the GM was intimidating. Great place to learn about the essence of customer service.

Cons

The people that came to eat there are very needy and believe that they are so much better than you, they treat you like scum. Asked time off was iffy and you always had to work holidays like New Years, Mothers Day, Valentines day etc.

Have a better training system. It was a few years ago that I hosted but I was just thrown into the job and as a highschooler with their first time hosting it was kind of nerve racking.

Management needs to value their people more.

Current Employee - BackWaiter
    Current Employee - BackWaiter

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The other associates are what keeps me at this restaurant. It's the best crew I've worked with in the restaurant industry-other than the managers.

Cons

Constantly overstaffed. The management treats employees like children which in turn leads to zero respect from the associates. The operating partner makes up rules as he goes- he constantly lies just to save face. Working hard here gets you no where.

Stop lying to your employees when we obviously know what's going on. Reward hard work and discipline those who slack off and don't perform well.

Flemings Food Runner

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Scheduling is not in your control

It was fair

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management works to make servers money. Cuts are made appropriately when business is slow, and you are given a good size section. Side work is easy.

Cons

Management socialized with some staff members outside of work leading to some waitstaff feeling entitled and acting snarky. Hosts would never follow rotation, and you could work 2 hours without a table. Management would take over the host's job on busy nights and load up the same two servers with the best tables, because of this management encouraged you to never talk about what you made in tips. The money was good regardless, but the same two people made twice what everyone else would make. The checkout procedure was a joke, you could be all done and wait on the clock an extra hour waiting for the closing server to sign you out, the management to take your slips, and then the bartender to give you cash.

Seperate yourself from your position to keep a waitstaff that doesn't care for drama and excels at creating a great customer experience.

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse Photos