Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

4.4

Skip Fox

wine manager

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse full-time

Pros

food wine location benefits experience

Cons

hours, corporate, guests, turnover, hours

It was fair

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time for more than a year

Pros

The management works to make servers money. Cuts are made appropriately when business is slow, and you are given a good size section. Side work is easy.

Cons

Management socialized with some staff members outside of work leading to some waitstaff feeling entitled and acting snarky. Hosts would never follow rotation, and you could work 2 hours without a table. Management would take over the host's job on busy nights and load up the same two servers with the best tables, because of this management encouraged you to never talk about what you made in tips. The money was good regardless, but the same two people made twice what everyone else would make. The checkout procedure was a joke, you could be all done and wait on the clock an extra hour waiting for the closing server to sign you out, the management to take your slips, and then the bartender to give you cash.

Seperate yourself from your position to keep a waitstaff that doesn't care for drama and excels at creating a great customer experience.

Great job while in school

Current Employee - Server  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule and great money for a restaurant job

Cons

A lot of corporate policies that don't make sense.

Get better health benefits

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The corporate side of the business and its values were strong.

Former Employee - Service Manager  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Corporate values and "principals and beliefs" have a positive influence. Always changing

Cons

Finding a store with a synergetic OP/CP management team to effectively lead is a struggle

"balance" one of the principals and beliefs was not really there. partners should be required to take on more late night hours to balance other management lives. The bonus package was a little disappointing for the competitors market. Needs to have more structure within the management team. Each store fluctuates responsibilities so it was difficult getting consistency as a whole.

New Manager just finished six week training

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Pros

Excellent training opportunities and online classes through BBI University, Solid concept with good growth potential. The company's commitment to excellence is sincere. Like all restaurant groups this likely varies by location but the Operating partner and Chef partner at my location are both cool, talented and supportive people. I am also impressed at how many hourly employees have worked there for two plus years and many for five or more. This is rare in the restaurant industry,

Cons

The training requires you work 55 hours a week which had too much down time. I brought my laptop and spent the time taking classes at BBI University but it was a grueling schedule with so many hours to fill in the day without structured things to do to fill that time. Some days by the time we got in to service I felt drained by the long, boring day. Since the BBI classes are online I could have done this from home. I think it would be better to cut back the hours to 45 or 50 and require classes be completed at BBI University. They keep a record of your transcripts so they can check your progress to be sure you are completing them.

They seem to be running things well and I'm just starting out so it is difficult for me to offer any advice at this point in time.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Server  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Server in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is fair, hours are good, and the check average is very high, especially if you know how to sell wine.

Cons

Tip outs are high, for the amount of work done by backwaiters in most cases.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Server  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful restaurant. Great food. Really nice co-workers and guests. Very hospitality focused company. We are treated with respect. Management seems to really care about the hourly associates. Great new Operating Partner who is fair but maintains and promotes high standards.

Cons

Business level is inconsistent. Too many "deals" going on all the time. Sometimes feels like a discount steakhouse with all the couponing.

Need to advertise more locally and rely less on discounting. Chicago has a lot of competition.

Great company for training and advancement

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training
    Teamwork
    Promotions
    Support from management
    Flexible scheduling

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

Keep up the good work. I learned a great deal at Fleming's.

Personalized, elegant, and delectable.

Former Employee - BackWaiter
    Former Employee - BackWaiter

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff, wonderful customers, and professional environment. Belief in providing excellent customer service and creating a personalized environment.

Cons

Nothing bad--at times, business may be affected due to weather or external circumstances.

Keep it more professional.

Chef/Partner - Must be young, full of energy and have plenty of hours to devote to your career.

Former Employee - Chef Partner
    Former Employee - Chef Partner

I worked at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned a great deal about supervision, teamwork and communications. I loved the company culture: 'treat everyone like a guest,' including your team members. The guest are truly the highlight of the job. The food and the Corporate Chef are top notch.Training is excellent.

Cons

Unfortunately, the Joint Venture Partners are not held accountable for upholding that same Cu;ure Standards standard...and why should they be? It's a Corporation, not unlike any other. Corporations, like people, tend to talk out of both sides of their mouth when it comes to the bottom line.

Perks, promotions and benefits were outstanding.

Worked for Fleming's Prime Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!