Flextronics

Flextronics Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good(in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough(in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects(in 11 reviews)

Great Place to Work

Field Team Supervisor (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsBonuses are very good when met, and the team in my location is awesome

ConsBeing a contractor means constant changes for performance metrics

Typical MEGA corporation mentality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsGood benefits, opportunities to try different departments for better fit and wide variety of types of positions. Lots of locations worldwide so opportunity to travel or for relocation.

ConsCorporate management and structure is constantly changing. The company is so large they have no depth in actual experienced managers for a variety of the segments. Ends up just a corporate pencil pusher or finance people really making decisions. This may work for their electronics divisions but not so great for some of the other more highly regulated divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain people that know what they are doing rather than the lowest paid person. Or sacrificing experienced people in order to afford a high paid manager that doesn't know what they are doing.

It was a great place to work as the people were great..

Regional Director (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat company, people want to perform and do well for their direct reports. Team synergy is fantastic. Great flexibility when it comes to being able to telecommute

ConsClient managed and senior management did not make the right business decisions when it came to who need to be kept when re-alignment was done. disappointed as it was just a friends thing and not who was doing the best. Sad

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to ensure senior leadership is making decisions based on the business not on who they like.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

best company to work for!!

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood work ethics, sound knowledge and good treatment respect.

Conshighly specialized and too good in management.

Advice to Senior Managementna

Unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGood pay... people are nice.

ConsCorporate training strong but local training non-existent. Morale in some departments very discouraging. Poor work like balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work-life balance....better core training for systems for all departments.

Who you know matters big time at Flex. Internal politics unfortunately growing. Lots of start/stop activity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood global manufacturing experience.
    Great global footprint
    Well respected EMS provider for OEM's....trying to shift focus to supply chain service company and shirk true EMS moniker.
    Creating partnerships with very large companies to play in evolving eco-systems.

ConsDirect Labor treated as a commodity and disposable.
    No loyalty.
    Super tight cost focus due to low margins. Lay-offs regular, reorgs regular, travel freeze regular.
    Forecasting is weak.
    Culture given good lip service....not truly lived.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO needs to get more active/engaged with employees. Good customer focus guy....weak employee focus. No EQ, good IQ Has great ability to do so, but chooses not to.. More respect for GM's at manufacturing plants needed. Corporate calls too many shots independent of local site input.

Growing learning, and Leaving

ProsI was a telecommuter for most of my time. The benefits were great and I loved the people.

ConsTelecommuters were called into offices. Business comes and goes so the people managing that business may do the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees! Acknowledge their contributions.

my best and longest job

Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) Feasterville Trevose, PA

ProsI have became a people person after my job with you guys .. made me very social and friendly.

Consthe mean customes were the only problem

Advice to Senior Managementyou did everything you had to do

Great for short term

Regional Trainer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPeople , work-life balance, Very good "starter" career

ConsManagement, benefits, pay, and lots of lay-offs

Flextronics Medial, Irving, TX

Engineer (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood place to train for those entering the Medical Engineering field.
    Opportunity to see many aspects of Medical Disposables and EMS.
    Great staff to work with, friendly and hard working.
    Bonuses dependent upon Division and Corporate profits.

ConsManagement is highly critical of staff.
    They tend to look for negative attributes of employees and dwell on them.
    Most of Management are under qualified with limited experience.
    Very little opportunity to develop and training limited to meeting FDA requirements.
    Organization is very flat, little to no opportunity for advancement.
    High than average turn-over rate.
    Corporate policy includes tuition reimbursement, but subject to divisional management, and they do not approve tuition reimbursement requests.
    Raises are minimal to non-existent, most lose money with each passing year since annual raises are typically less than cost-of-living.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany of the best and most knowledgeable staff leave within 4-5 years for increase in pay and advancement, if you want to retain competent staff, address Cons in this review and read some of Zig Ziglar's books - you violate every management and people ideology.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!