Flextronics

Flextronics Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good(in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough(in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects(in 11 reviews)

Responsibility will continue to grow yet the pay almost never increases

Materials Analyst (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsOvertime is available for those that are responsible in attendance

ConsLay offs are random and conditional to business climate

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is not fully engaged and are have too many levels all communicating the same message

Be Aware of Management

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsHelp you to be exposure with different companies and sites around the world. Management is complete different between sites, I originally start working in MX then move to CA and finally end in TX.

ConsManagement is the worse area in Flextronics, they don't care about people life, they thing they own you which is wrong. After experience management in three different locations I would said the best was in CA more work-life balance experience, worse for sure Austin, Micromanagement, really bad decision leading to burn the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementThink in the people like a people, not just pieces that can be replace and use without any consideration. Don't overwhelm them with micromanagement, most of the times they can work by them self and create their own plan to become success.

Not good for long term...

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt is a good place to get your teeth cut. You'll be exposed to a lot of different projects depending on your work and your section (there are many divisions in Flextronics).

I had the opportunity to work with very good co-workers and experienced engineers.

ConsIt is a very demanding environment and you may be required to work extra hours. This may become the norm if you have several projects in the pipeline.

People getting laid off is not unusual and constant re-organization is the norm. You just don't focus on it otherwise you'd get really dizzy.

I don't think it is a company that is good for any long term plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot. Good company, world-wide reach, they have it figured out.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsManagement is very helpful. Benefits are okay. Was able to work from home when necessary.

ConsPay is not great for new employees. Difficult to get things done because of lack of personnel.

Global exposure, great work ethic to 'get things done'.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery diverse company with expertise in many areas of supply chain - I learned a lot.

ConsDifficult to grow with them as promotions are rare. Corporate culture is very slow and 1990s...

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk the team what needs to be fixed - they know.

Advanced EMS company

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsCompany invests lots of state of art technology and makes the company an EMS pioneer

ConsTop management shows much less respect to the employees than customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be thoughtful to employees while trying eagerly growing business.

Amazing company to learner and gain experience.

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLots of training, upper management really cares about us as a person.

ConsInability to advance quickly, extremely large company and poor communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a larger platform for the different areas of the business with will allow more growth. Rapid communication, with correct information across the board.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsHard work is appreciated and promotions from within are plentiful.

ConsWhen you are really bust work life balance can be tough.

It was okay...

Assembler/Testing/Technician (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsDecent pay, easy work, consistent hours

ConsTons of idiots around you, ridiculous procedures, emphasis on idiots

GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR

Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsGood pay and good experience. Hours weren't that bad. OK management. Customer service is definitely a must at this job. Don't expect to never be busy, but makes the day go by fast. Good area to work around as well.

ConsManagement is made to where you don't get weekends off at all. The loyal employees are overlooked when it comes to promotions. Sometimes management acts to where you expendable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better, especially the loyal ones.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!